Final (hopefully) technology discussion.

Started by 'Itan Atxur, September 25, 2010, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txonari

Well, that depends on what plan you get. As I said, in North America; it's a flat fee of $60/month for HughesNet.

But as I -- and many others -- said, it'd be really inconvenient to get satellite internet access. Pretty much for the only reason of cost. Otherwise, it's a great idea. That is, unless we can find a cheaper satellite provider. Which something tells me; by the time the tribe is set up, satellite internet will be much cheaper than it is today.
All I want is a single thing worth fighting for.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Also, I know little about satellite internet, but some services rely on a telephone line to send outgoing data, and the satellite sends incoming data.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Predict

You can get upload/download services over satellite. To be honest, internet is very much a secondary concern.

As for the hunting, typical Brazil: Strict laws it can't enforce with blindingly obvious loopholes.

Esmond

Plus we're on an island, we just have to make sure we know when we have people snooping around and pretend we didn't do nothing right?

Help preserve Nature.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

It's tricky to hide curing hide and animal remains. I'd rather not give anyone a chance to stop us. But if that becomes the only option we'll have to.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.