Funding and budget

Started by Tonbogiri, August 01, 2011, 08:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txura Rolyu

Agreed. We should find some sort of group to donate to if we cant make it all the way.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Äteya

It should be a environmental group.
Or(last resort only) we could join another tribe(there's got to be more) it if turns out that we just don't have enough people. 

'Itan Atxur

I think a potential merger with the Revolutionists is possible. Plus, as I understand it, they are way more organized than we are. And more people = easier to get more money.

Nìmwey

To merge Project Tribal with another similar group (like the Revolutionists aka. Blue Moon Tribe) would perhaps work. But with an existing, ancient tribe? :-\ No, I think it would be too much of a culture clash, even if they would let us.

Äteya

I mean join with a tribe like us.
And Blue Moon tribe doesn't look very active right know.
Maybe someone could invite them to come visit over here if they wanted people to talk to.   
I think they might be around 20 people there.
If we merged that would mean we'd only have to earn $25,000 per year.
Still a lot but more doable. 

Nìmwey

Quote from: Äteya on August 04, 2011, 11:50:33 AM
I mean join with a tribe like us.
And Blue Moon tribe doesn't look very active right know.
Maybe someone could invite them to come visit over here if they wanted people to talk to.   
I think they might be around 20 people there.
If we merged that would mean we'd only have to earn $25,000 per year.
Still a lot but more doable. 

Yes, the more people we are, the less each have to pay. But the more people we are, the more land we need.
And as for joining an existing, real tribe, I've already said what I think about that. :-\

'Itan Atxur

I wouldn't want to impose upon a real tribe.

Äteya

There's no way we could join an old tribe.

Tonbogiri

Hmm, what a discussion.

Just remind me again - which members here are members of the Blue Moon tribe? I keep losing track, but I know there at least two of you.

I had an idea a while back that never made it to the boards. Seeing as there are, as I have found it, at least three other groups out there with a similar goal to us, we should form a kind of conglomeration. Not combine the tribes necessarily, but make it so that the groups are all part of a multinational organisation devoted to keeping ancient traditions alive and supporting indigenous tribes. That way, we could pool research and resources, and have a greater impact on the world.

Even so, such an idea does nothing to solve our budget issues. I think that a tribe size of 40 people may be stretching land capacity, but it is good to be optimistic! And remember, money can come in from many different sources. For instance, a person who works in a regular day job may make only 50000 dollars a year. But, if he also is a street performing magician, then he can also make an additional five hundred pounds a week on weekends.

It all depends on two things - how much extra work you are willing to put in, and how much you are willing to give up. Now, I would almost make it a law if I had my way that potential Project Tribal members would need to have some kind of college degree under their belt so that they can be qualified for a job should we disband or leave. College and university costs alone put people in debt for years - so it's a real conundrum!!

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

'Itan Atxur

Success or failure of the tribe aside, it's rather unlikely I'll be going to collage. I may take classes to gain the knowledge I need to help the tribe, but that's it.

Nìmwey

Quote from: Tonbogiri on August 04, 2011, 06:25:39 PM
Just remind me again - which members here are members of the Blue Moon tribe? I keep losing track, but I know there at least two of you.

I had an idea a while back that never made it to the boards. Seeing as there are, as I have found it, at least three other groups out there with a similar goal to us, we should form a kind of conglomeration. Not combine the tribes necessarily, but make it so that the groups are all part of a multinational organisation devoted to keeping ancient traditions alive and supporting indigenous tribes. That way, we could pool research and resources, and have a greater impact on the world.

I, like I said some month ago, do no count myself as "with" any group at the moment, I'm mostly just helping out here and might go with you later, I don't know. Or I'll go with a different group.
By the way, you say at least three other groups? Which? I know of Blue Moon of course, but which are the other two?

Tonbogiri

One was the rather radical Project Anonia, and the other one I forget the name of. We ran into that particular group because they were researching Geraldo Island, which was a possible location we were interested in. I think that at least one of those two groups is, however, in a state of limbo.

Even so, there are many other "native skills protection" organisations out there. The most comprehensive training courses available are run by those organisations! When I am on my year-long course, I shall be sure to seek funding advice...

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Äteya

Year-long course? ???
Any way I looked at Project Anonia and the last post was in may. Also it looks like they want to form a government(I bet they would have immigration problems). 

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I've been working with both this group and the Blue Moon tribe for quite a while. You might be interested in a recent development over there, which was the idea of working with a conservation trust to try and help them achieve their goal which being able to use some of their land.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.