Our Na'vi Tribe (discussion & pre-planning)

Started by Txontaw, January 10, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Well, we have 4 years to decide. Just do whatever you can for your body. Perhaps spar with someone too, with a staff.

Motxokxen

cant say i'd join you, but if such a place/tribe should form, i would love to go hunting with em.

wward812

don't know what i will be doing in 4 years, but i would be interested.

Tefpakyu

Quote from: wward812 on January 12, 2010, 05:38:50 PM
don't know what i will be doing in 4 years, but i would be interested.

same here

I hope we can see it through!
-Tefpakyu-

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I've recently been thinking, shouldn't we be working on improving the Earth rather than secluding ourselves and waiting?
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txontaw

We're not secluding ourselves.Besides, this was never about going extreme green. This was about living like the Na'vi, with their language and culture.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 12, 2010, 06:05:27 PM
We're not secluding ourselves.Besides, this was never about going extreme green. This was about living like the Na'vi, with their language and culture.

I'm not saying extreme green, but the Na'vi culture is about protecting the balance of life not just living in the woods, hunting, dancing and those things. If they found a way to make their lives easier but still protect the balance of life they would be just fine with it.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txontaw

Eh. Who cares? Being in a tribe would still be awesome!
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Coyote

Well, what I see is the potential to create a "sustainable community" using ecologically-friendly principles as much as possible. Not living in tree branches. Get enough people you can legally incorporate a township, and enact legislation, get representation, and so on.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe is sooo interested in this :D

hmm, will this be a school or will we camp or something?

but yes, I dunno what/where will I be in 4 years, so :/

but yes I' am certainly interested and thrilled someone made this idea.. :))
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Txontaw

Even if we aren't able to permanently live somewhere, it will still be cool to have a month or two weeks a year where all the Na'vi fanatics can get together.

bagget00

Yeah, a Na'vi reunion. You could walk in and say " Kalti from ...." as like a greeting or something.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tawioang

Quote from: Txontaw on January 13, 2010, 12:08:32 AM
Even if we aren't able to permanently live somewhere, it will still be cool to have a month or two weeks a year where all the Na'vi fanatics can get together.

Yeah that would be cool, but still I'm up for being in a proper tribe.

Ikranä mokri

i know i posted this on another thread but it seemed to apply here as well

i have one downer here guys i know its exciting and all finding people who wann do this but we need a major plan of action just to get together. things like weapons training and learning parkour really dont need to be discussed until we have all got together and found if we can all work in a group, as well as the skills of everyone and there experience speaking Na'Vi (for me very little as i dont have skype)

things like swords and spears may be in teh game but there not in the film ( which were basing this on right??) although being able to fight with a staff would be useful the Na'Vi carry only a bow and knife for speed, wear too much clothing you get to hot, carry to much stuff it gets heavy very quickly if your not used to it. their whole culture is based around hunting not open warfare, which most of teh weapons you guys have said you own are used for.

i agree with getting fit if were going to do this but you must be totally motivated and keep that level of fitness up. u cant just go "im fit so im going to stop" if you stop everythign youve gained will just go totally down teh drain very quickly.

and guys who are sending links to places that we can buy. we havent got together yet so there is no need to be doing it. we have 4 years to plan if were going to do it that is quite a long time if you think about it. i think were just getting a little ahead of ourselves here.

ok my last and final point which most of you will hate me for. we are teh people who make this look as if it is just another fad like ( nervous twitch) twilight. im not trying to put a total stop to this its just what i thought about last night and this morning. totally leavign society might not be teh right way of doing it to start with.i guess most of you watched Avatar and thought "hang on inst this sorta what were doing to our planet" well i did so what we should do is to try and make people see the error of their ways in what they are doing. try and show green ways to live find different energy sources other than oil. and awsome if it works.

im not trying to stop us all going cause id love to become like teh Na'Vi with a tribal system and the like but i think we need to plan more and think of others as well as ourselves.

i am up for being a tribe cut off from society but this is only a tiny majoritory of us, we have to try and get people to join us even if its not for long and just to practise speaking Na'Vi then over time maybe more would join (thats and upside guys XD)

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Tirea Pa'li

if u want to change your live join the "The Venus Project".
We dont have to be primitive and abbandon all we have to be green and caring and create a working , i mean realy working society.
People have strong potential for creation if u take the greed and hate away.
From all the weapons you have used against us, we always feared your guns least!

bagget00

hell, sometimes greed is a motivator too. not saying a good one but it has helped the country grrow in one way shape or form.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

totally, greed can brainwash ppl I guess?.

and yea I guess we could start by living green ourselves.

a camp would be great but I might not be allowed by my parents. hmm...

oh, and yes, weapons are a bit... for later, we don't want to risk hurting each other right? even the animals? because we can actually be a vegetarian during that camp, for living. The Na'vi hunted only for food right? so well, I guess we can try to avoid meat food. if we can. if not, do it as minimum as possible?

meh I'm blabbing here. sorry.
just giving a thought. :)
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Ikranä mokri

well my parents wont let me go if i tell them teh truth so either lie or just go and leave a note explaining that youll be back in a few weeks youv gone off with some friends, which is what i did when i wne tot see my gf in australia

wward812

i don't know about all of you guyse but i am starting to have flashbacks to reading Lord of the Flies. and as for the vegitarian thing, NO WAY, that will not work with me, i just love steak too much

Ikranä mokri

yeah but we not gonna kill the fat and epeleptic kid because were scared of a "beast" we all old and sane enough to know that monsters dont exist. also i hope that we wont split into 2 tribes 1 which wanna be rescued and the other which wants fun.

we just wanna see what it would be like to be like the Na'Vi and wether it would work