Our Na'vi Tribe (discussion & pre-planning)

Started by Txontaw, January 10, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txontaw

"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Mako

I hate to say this, but people are putting themselves in somewhat of a dangerous situation by doing this. Elsewise it's pointless.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 16, 2010, 04:47:56 PM
Close enough.

Trust me you don't want to get a spell wrong just ask Eragon XD (from the book)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: swizaw on January 16, 2010, 04:59:14 PM
Is that a pokemon reference I see? Hmm.

Actually Pokemon referenced the phrase itself for the pokemon, hence the reason they are psychic type.

swizaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 16, 2010, 05:00:34 PM
Quote from: swizaw on January 16, 2010, 04:59:14 PM
Is that a pokemon reference I see? Hmm.

Actually Pokemon referenced the phrase itself for the pokemon, hence the reason they are psychic type.

Yeah, but still :P

Txontaw

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 16, 2010, 04:58:42 PM
I hate to say this, but people are putting themselves in somewhat of a dangerous situation by doing this. Elsewise it's pointless.

I'm not sure what context you're putting this in... what is "this"?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Mako

Getting a group together and living like this.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 16, 2010, 05:08:15 PM

There's danger everywhere, no point in doing anything if there's no risk involved.

Txontaw

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 16, 2010, 05:08:15 PM

So? It's like Nìwotxkrr said. Why bother if there's no risk involved? We know the dangers, and we are prepared to accept them.

OmegaQ1

i dont see how its dangerous, all were doing is living out in the forest for awhile to have a bit of fun. theres even going to be a town nearby,hopefully, that if an emergency arises like someone breaks something or gets bit by a spider or whatever may happen in a forrest, theres a hospital nearby to go to. can you specify what exactly it is that is so dangerous?
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Deamon5550

The orignal idea behind even setting up a camp, was to become more in-touch with nature, to move away from the hi-tech trappings of a regular life, and to learn more about Na'vi language and culture, well having some fun of course. I feel that having a sattalite wi-fi, tv, radio etc. would take away from the feeling of nature, and the ability of having a simplified, self-sufficient (for the most part) time. I mean if you have all the conforts of home...why leave home at all.

As for the issue with schooling, at least at first this will be more of a summer-based camp. and if it becomes longer children can go to school in a near-by town. I don't think they would get teased for living somewhere else (mabey thats because I live in Canada  :P)

Also, what is the general area that is being planned for this to be located, I heard a bit about North-west, Washington, Oregon or Idaho, has any idea been furthered?
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

OmegaQ1

have you checked out the tribal area thread in the meet up section, thats were were trying to submit ideas on places to go and ect.
yea children may very well get picked on not that they live in a different area but because of the place they live in,maybe not and im just jumping to conclusions.
the wifi satelite i think is a must, not that we should be using the computer there alllll the time but just to post things about their experience or atleast to get in contact with their parents to reassure them, but then again maybe we could just have like a way to get into town to do that instead then we dont have to pay whatever it costs for that wifi. we should atleast have a camcorder to document everything, that would be a definite must,u just dont go and do something that awsome and comeback with nothing but the experience in your mind.

Txontaw

Quote from: Deamon5550 on January 16, 2010, 05:24:48 PM
The orignal idea behind even setting up a camp, was to become more in-touch with nature, to move away from the hi-tech trappings of a regular life, and to learn more about Na'vi language and culture, well having some fun of course. I feel that having a sattalite wi-fi, tv, radio etc. would take away from the feeling of nature, and the ability of having a simplified, self-sufficient (for the most part) time. I mean if you have all the conforts of home...why leave home at all.

As for the issue with schooling, at least at first this will be more of a summer-based camp. and if it becomes longer children can go to school in a near-by town. I don't think they would get teased for living somewhere else (mabey thats because I live in Canada  :P)

Also, what is the general area that is being planned for this to be located, I heard a bit about North-west, Washington, Oregon or Idaho, has any idea been furthered?

I've said this before, I'll say this one more time. Here it goes;

Who ever said anything about the comforts of home? I said that all we'd be having at most was a computer with satellite wi-fi and a TV. We'd have these for specific reasons.

Computer w/ wi-fi - so we can keep in touch with everybody here, as well as family and friends back home. This would also allow us (if we used Skype's phone service) to make calls and such for various reasons.

TV/Projector - So we can have an epic Avatar marathon when everybody comes for the summer gathering. That's it, unless we have some sort of staff meeting or something, and we need to use powerpoint for something.

And all of this would be in the main hut, which most of the time won't be occupied! The only time we'd really be in there is to 1) post a video log (speaking of which, we'd also need a video camera, but if you complain about having that, I will smack you for being a skxawng) or 2) on the first (or second) night of camp, to have an epic Avatar marathon (it's not a Na'vi camp without an Avatar marathon).

Most of the time we'd be in our sleeping huts, the area around the campsite, and around the fire pit. Also, everything electronic is either human or wind powered.

So, you have no reason to complain about technology. We are not approaching getting the comforts of home. Did I ever mention AC? Heating? Carpeting? Refrigerator? Insulation?

No, I didn't! Why would I? That goes against what we're trying to do. But for you to say that having one computer and a method for showing a movie/presentation to a large audience is against what we're trying to do, you're filled with keye'ung!

Also, I said that there was no way we'd give up all modern technology, because what would we do if someone got injured? What if someone has allergies, and needs to take medicine? We're not going to say "No, you can't do that because it's from modern society" and make them suffer. That's stupid!

/rant

My fingers are sore now :(

Txontaw

Quote from: Deamon5550 on January 16, 2010, 05:24:48 PM

As for the issue with schooling, at least at first this will be more of a summer-based camp. and if it becomes longer children can go to school in a near-by town. I don't think they would get teased for living somewhere else (mabey thats because I live in Canada  :P)

Now. To address your other issues;

I believe that homeschooling would be best, if schooling does come into play, because then we can teach them Na'vi as a first language, and interlace the Na'vi love for balance into the lessons. If we sent them to school in a nearby town, then they'd grow up just like any other kid, and we don't want that. The only reason we'd go into town is if someone is hurt to the point of having to go to the hospital (because we already have a medic, so small injuries aren't a problem).

And we don't have a specific place yet, but if you have suggestions, you can post in the thread Omega mentioned, here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/meetup/tribal-grounds-2111/

Txon Taronyu

Wait why do we need school!
This sound only be people who have finished school
And ok a wind powered computor would be ok but its use would have to be limited or else we would lose touch of nature
and the problem of medicine can be fixed by letting people have there medicine because how does modern medicine or science take away from going back to nature
its the technology, money, bisineses and advertizing that we want to get away from not knowledge of things   
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Deamon5550

yes, of course there would be nothing against medicine, we would have to keep some first-aid equipment in the main hut.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txontaw

OmegaQ1

srane txontaw oe hope so. about the people who are out of school thing,i mentioned it already but i shouldve been more specific. kids who are in school should be able to come, but most likely they wont be able to pay the large sum of money to buy a share of the camp since they range from 15-17 years old and be a member of the tribe, so they would pay i guess you could say a 'visitors' fee so that they could be part of the experience, and this would be during summer so school is no issue. younger ones that would come with parents not during summer thats the parents issue to deal with because they wouldnt really be there that long unless they are moving there or there isnt a kid cause the kids most likely got school to go to.