Our Na'vi Tribe (discussion & pre-planning)

Started by Txontaw, January 10, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaQ1

well as far as building stuff i dont think we should,atleast not a whole lot, if were only going to be out there for about 2 1/2 weeks at most and its just a trial thing, we should instead get tents or something rather than build full blown structures that would be for long term stuff, that would be best reserved for the permanent camp.
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Txontaw

Quote from: OmegaQ1 on January 16, 2010, 11:40:41 PM
well as far as building stuff i dont think we should,atleast not a whole lot, if were only going to be out there for about 2 1/2 weeks at most and its just a trial thing, we should instead get tents or something rather than build full blown structures that would be for long term stuff, that would be best reserved for the permanent camp.

Not for the first camping trip. This would be for the permanent set-up.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Deamon5550

yes, I was more talking about the more permament set-up.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 16, 2010, 11:42:17 PM
Quote from: OmegaQ1 on January 16, 2010, 11:40:41 PM

Not for the first camping trip. This would be for the permanent set-up.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/meetup/tribal-grounds-2111/ Tribal Thread. We mentioned this, but I'll re-state it.

What we are thinking of doing is finding where we would want to have the main camp, then use that as that first trial camp. That way, people wouldn't have to get used to a location should this become permanent.

Eywa ayngahu, ma aytsmuktu

-Uriuujìn

OmegaQ1

well theres still that slight chance that whatever land were lookin at gets bought up by someone else
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Txontaw

Quote from: OmegaQ1 on January 17, 2010, 12:01:12 AM
well theres still that slight chance that whatever land were lookin at gets bought up by someone else

Very slight. The fact that we're probably going to settle in the middle of a random forest means that even if someone buys part of the forest (why?) than it will probably not be the part we want.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:48:15 AM

Very slight. The fact that we're probably going to settle in the middle of a random forest means that even if someone buys part of the forest (why?) than it will probably not be the part we want.

Hooray for the middle of nowhere!

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan.

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 17, 2010, 12:52:26 AM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:48:15 AM

Hooray for the middle of nowhere!

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan.

-Uriuujìn

Woo!

bagget00

Wow, you guys talk way too much while i'm at work I was gone for twelve hours and you guys added 6 pages. Glad to see the ball rolling pretty well.
Now, as far as Eyktan, Oe don't know the language very well, but Oe am a hard worker when need be and am a helping person. Being that Oe am still new to Na'vi world, as we all are, Oe can't see down the road as to where things are heading but Oe know Oe would like to be there when we get there. Oe would like to be in the poll for Eyktan.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: bagget00 on January 17, 2010, 01:14:41 AM
Wow, you guys talk way too much while i'm at work I was gone for twelve hours and you guys added 6 pages. Glad to see the ball rolling pretty well.
Now, as far as Eyktan, Oe don't know the language very well, but Oe am a hard worker when need be and am a helping person. Being that Oe am still new to Na'vi world, as we all are, Oe can't see down the road as to where things are heading but Oe know Oe would like to be there when we get there. Oe would like to be in the poll for Eyktan.

Excellent, Tsmukan! I am glad that someone else had the courage to nominate themselves for the role.

Eywa ayngahu, ma aytsmuktu.

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

Txontaw

Quote from: bagget00 on January 17, 2010, 01:32:43 AM
But seriously, SIX PAGES!!!

There was quite a bit of pointless rambling about technology.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 01:35:13 AM
Quote from: bagget00 on January 17, 2010, 01:32:43 AM
But seriously, SIX PAGES!!!

There was quite a bit of pointless rambling about technology.

Pointless indeed. Let's not start it back up, though. We just got rid of it! ^_^;;;

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

Yeah, Oe read the six pages and see the conclusions clearly posted. Oe think the technology debate is done for a while.

Toiyari Angkran

There is no need for capitalising 'oe'

Sorry :-\ oel opinion.

Oel = My?
"Eywari oe lu 'eveng. Fì'u Eywayä kelku lu, ulte fì'u sevin lu."   --   Toìyarì Angkran

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Toiyari Angkran on January 17, 2010, 02:56:01 AM

Oel = My?

Oeyä = my

Oel= I + topic marker.

Please try and keep this thread on topic. Irayo ^_^

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

Toiyari Angkran

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 17, 2010, 05:15:58 AM
Quote from: Toiyari Angkran on January 17, 2010, 02:56:01 AM

Oel = My?

Oeyä = my

Oel= I + topic marker.

Please try and keep this thread on topic. Irayo ^_^

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn
Soz for derailing. *notices something about Eywa and ladies and gentlemen and 'my' when you wrote in Na'vi*
"Eywari oe lu 'eveng. Fì'u Eywayä kelku lu, ulte fì'u sevin lu."   --   Toìyarì Angkran

Hawnu UnilTxep

Yeah I feel you bagget00.  I always have around 3 pages to read.
Now then. 

For schooling:  I wasn't too worried about them getting teased for not living in a community or a coldasac or whatever.  I would think they would get teased for having a Na'vi accent, for speaking differently, and for not being Christian.  But yes, for living in the middle of a forest with a tribe would have something to do with it.  Also: how would they get to school in the first place??

Should we invest in a car, in case someone really needs to get to the hospital?  I know I'm training to be a medic, guys, but they can't do everything, trust me.  I can [time permitting] go for RN after I go to EMTP next year, but that will take a while.  I am asking you guy's opinion, as I wouldn't be working in a hospital or anything once we establish a permanent residence.  I don't mind learning all the stuff I need to through seminars and such but... I do need your input on this.
And for you all thinking, "just call an ambulance!" if someone really needs to get to the hospital, then I have this to say: if we're in the middle of a forest, it'll take much more time for them to come in, get their stretcher, take out the wounded, and then drive to the hospital then it would for us to just carry the wounded out of the forest and to a car/van that we have invested in.  Just saying.  And no, you don't get any special treatment for being taken to the hospital in an ambulance.  It goes according to who is the most needing of medical help.  Like the other night, I had a guy with kidney stones who was waiting for almost an HOUR for just a nurse to come in there.  I know, bc we had to stay.  It was almost 0400.  Yeah.

Sorry, that was a little rant. ^^

Technology: I had said before that a water purifier and a few other modern things would be essential.  I know you guys said its going to be wind powered, but how much is that gonna cost?  Might be easier just to get a generator set up next to the river and use the current to conduct power, especially if we are going to get refrigeration.  Which I wholly agree with, btw.
Also: what are we going to do for bread and such?  Are we just going to stock up on flour and hope it doesn't go bad?  I bake a lot, and don't think I want to give up bread.  I love it too much.  Thoughts?

Also: Any other belly dancers out there?  Thinking of joining the tribe? :D I'm one and I just thought of that, lol.

Glad to have two people in the running for Eyktan *nodnod*

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

Txontaw

Quote from: Unil Txep on January 17, 2010, 10:59:57 AM
Yeah I feel you bagget00.  I always have around 3 pages to read.
Now then. 

For schooling:  I wasn't too worried about them getting teased for not living in a community or a coldasac or whatever.  I would think they would get teased for having a Na'vi accent, for speaking differently, and for not being Christian.  But yes, for living in the middle of a forest with a tribe would have something to do with it.  Also: how would they get to school in the first place??

Should we invest in a car, in case someone really needs to get to the hospital?  I know I'm training to be a medic, guys, but they can't do everything, trust me.  I can [time permitting] go for RN after I go to EMTP next year, but that will take a while.  I am asking you guy's opinion, as I wouldn't be working in a hospital or anything once we establish a permanent residence.  I don't mind learning all the stuff I need to through seminars and such but... I do need your input on this.
And for you all thinking, "just call an ambulance!" if someone really needs to get to the hospital, then I have this to say: if we're in the middle of a forest, it'll take much more time for them to come in, get their stretcher, take out the wounded, and then drive to the hospital then it would for us to just carry the wounded out of the forest and to a car/van that we have invested in.  Just saying.  And no, you don't get any special treatment for being taken to the hospital in an ambulance.  It goes according to who is the most needing of medical help.  Like the other night, I had a guy with kidney stones who was waiting for almost an HOUR for just a nurse to come in there.  I know, bc we had to stay.  It was almost 0400.  Yeah.

Sorry, that was a little rant. ^^

Technology: I had said before that a water purifier and a few other modern things would be essential.  I know you guys said its going to be wind powered, but how much is that gonna cost?  Might be easier just to get a generator set up next to the river and use the current to conduct power, especially if we are going to get refrigeration.  Which I wholly agree with, btw.
Also: what are we going to do for bread and such?  Are we just going to stock up on flour and hope it doesn't go bad?  I bake a lot, and don't think I want to give up bread.  I love it too much.  Thoughts?

Also: Any other belly dancers out there?  Thinking of joining the tribe? :D I'm one and I just thought of that, lol.

Glad to have two people in the running for Eyktan *nodnod*

Schooling:Well, we don't have to worry about schooling right now, since it's basically a summer camp. Sure, the summer camp's going to help people struggling with Na'vi, but we're not going to be there long enough to need an official school.

Hospital: I figured that since mostly everyone would drive to get to the place, we shouldn't have to invest in our own "tribal" car. We could either use mine, if I'm staying there most of the year, or we could use the person who got injured's car.

Tech: Surprisingly, making your own windmill is pretty easy, and it doesn't cost much. However, I have thought about water current and stuff like that. I figure, the more ways to make electricity the better. So here's what I have in mind for making electricity;

-Windmill
-We could put something above the fire pit that captures the updrafts or something
-Stationary bicycle inside the main hut
-Water-current generator

With all that, I think we would get quite a bit of power.

Belly Dancers: You know, I've actually never seen an actual belly dancer dance?

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Do lap dances count as a belly dance? XD  8)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it