Our Na'vi Tribe (discussion & pre-planning)

Started by Txontaw, January 10, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 17, 2010, 12:13:56 PM
Do lap dances count as a belly dance? XD  8)

Short answer: No

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:16:23 PM

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why not let her answer.  :D
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txontaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 17, 2010, 12:34:34 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:16:23 PM

Why not let her answer.  :D

I'm allowed to have an opinion!
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:37:07 PM

You said yourself that you've never seen a belly dancer so ha. XD  :P  8)

Txontaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 17, 2010, 12:50:25 PM

I said I've never seen a live belly dancer.

Tefpakyu

AAH! Post explosion!

10+ pages to read, thanks a lot you guys  >:(

Or, could anyone just quickly tell any major developments that have occured over the weekend? That would be good :P
-Tefpakyu-

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:51:18 PM

You sick basterd, you watch dead ones?  :P jk

Txontaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 17, 2010, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 12:51:18 PM

You sick basterd, you watch dead ones?  :P jk

hehe...maaaybe.........

Quote from: Tefpakyu on January 17, 2010, 12:54:12 PM
AAH! Post explosion!

10+ pages to read, thanks a lot you guys  >:(

Or, could anyone just quickly tell any major developments that have occured over the weekend? That would be good :P

Basically, nothing too important has happened, except for both bagget and I have nominated ourselves for the temporary position of Eyktan in this project. We've also argued a lot about technology.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

OT @ Txontaw: I just noticed in ur signature that you got the quote wrong, he actaully says ladies and gentlemen first.

Just something I thought you should know.  8)

Tefpakyu

-Tefpakyu-

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

many people are split on that topic, I for one think that we should embrace some while not spoiling ourselves.

Txonä atan

Mawey Na'viyä!!!!!!!!!!!I'm not trying to spoil these beautiful plans but no offence I think we should be focusing on the more realistic ones first!(I'm not scolding or anything like that I'm just saying my opinion)We are all here to learn a beautiful language we found response from many people around the world and we started considering ourselves as a part of a large group with some same interests!The thought of meeting our "comrades" is very nice!Having some kind of convention or a camping trip somewhere every summer(camping does not require spending such a large amount of money as buying a whole part of land) those were things that passed through my mind too and seemed very agreable!Living forever away from civilization in a tropical forest with some very interesting people sometime in the future is a very nice thought too but I have some objections which I'd like to share with all of you so you can consider them before you run wild again with all those fantasies!

Firstly,i don't think the whole point of this masterpiece film was just leave your lives,homes,civilization deny evolution and go live like the Na'vi!If we try to interpret it this way it would make the moovie shalow and extremely unrealistic!!!!In my personal opinion one of the messages we should get from the film is that as The People of this planet we mustn't let a handful of people destroy the enviroment and society because they want to raise their profits.Walking away from the problems of this world is cowardish and i don't think that the Na'vi were cowards at all!If you want to live under the "philosophy" of the Na'vi,preserve the eco-system the enviroment,live closer with nature and have respect for every living thing on this planet then start making tries to change the world around you!

I'm saying yes to summercamp every summer yes to conventions but staying permanently away from our civilization is very hard,extremely dangerous for people who haven't grown in similar conditions,the purchase of land is not easy and costs very much and if we are true friends of the environment we should be fighting for laws which will prohibit the selling of land with forests to anyone,so that all ecological sights(I'm not sure this is how it's called)are national and are protected by the government and not  private property!

An idea i had is  to hold conventions and go to camping at the same time  every summer!They should take place in another country every year so that except the joyful events as that we are going to meet each other,practice the language,have interesting conversations we would also get to travel around the world and learn more about the natural environment of our planet and other countries!That seems much more possible and a lot les dangerous to me!Of course we should save some money for the tickets along the year and some money for some supplies  we are going to need!I just wanted you to know how i think on this matter!

Eywa ayngahu aytsmukan si aytsmuke!
(I posted this before on an other topic but I felt I should post it here as well)

Txontaw

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 17, 2010, 01:01:47 PM
OT @ Txontaw: I just noticed in ur signature that you got the quote wrong, he actaully says ladies and gentlemen first.

Just something I thought you should know.  8)

You're the second person to tell me that, and you're both wrong. Link: Avatar - Film Clip #1

The old Uriuujìn

I think that you're missing the point.

We are not saying that people should abandon their lives- I am the 'Shaman' of our tribe and even I KNOW I won't be there all day every day (Girlfriend and Science will keep me away ^_^;  ), but that doesn't mean that a permanent settlement isn't possible. We could have people coming and going as often as they wanted, and we'd still have contact with the outside world.

We aren't striving too live exactly as the Na'vi do- that would be silly. We are talking about living as a human equivalent of the Na'vi, insomuch as to live with minimal technology, living green with the stuff we DO use, and getting in touch with nature.

As for the lark about laws preventing the ownership of forest property... If we own it, and we want to protect the forest, then we will do our damnedest to protect it, right?

Just some food for thought.

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

Hawnu UnilTxep

I suppose technically lap dancing can be considered belly dancing.  Haha ^^
Belly dancing originally was to teach girls and then young women to control their muscles to make childbirth easier... I took it up before I got pregnant.  It helped, really.
Sorry to bust any bubbles. ^^
I'll be happy to perform at the camps :D  So you can see 'live' belly dancing. [besides dead belly dancing.... ew. lol]
^ um, not lap dances lol, just to clear that up ;] that's reserved for ma tute :D ^

Um that was definitely really off topic, lol.

Okay, on topic:

School: I agree, but I was thinking of it before everyone else, because in the proposed 4 year time, Vi will be about to go to school.  Why I thought of it.

Cars:  I... actually didn't think of that.  Lol.  Sorry.  I'm a skxawng.  But you're right.  At least one or two people will have driven there. *nodnod*  Smart tute.

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

swizaw

Schooling: we should teach something for if/when people decide to leave the tribe for a bit, they will have skills and qualifications to live decently.

Cars: I say using a car that someone already owns (and has possibly paid off if not already). I'm a terrible driver (well, I have room/time for improvement, I'm 15)

Um, sorry if this messes anything up, but is anyone homophobic? ...

Txontaw

Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:05:10 PM
Schooling: we should teach something for if/when people decide to leave the tribe for a bit, they will have skills and qualifications to live decently.

Cars: I say using a car that someone already owns (and has possibly paid off if not already). I'm a terrible driver (well, I have room/time for improvement, I'm 15)

Um, sorry if this messes anything up, but is anyone homophobic? ...

I don't think so... why?

swizaw

I identify as bisexual (meaning I can like both guys and girls), and I wanted to make sure no one gets all freaked out and stuff...

Txontaw

Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:07:21 PM
I identify as bisexual (meaning I can like both guys and girls), and I wanted to make sure no one gets all freaked out and stuff...

Eh. As long as you don't hit on anyone (that's not bi, I mean), I don't think we'll have a problem.

swizaw

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:07:21 PM

Eh. As long as you don't hit on anyone (that's not bi, I mean), I don't think we'll have a problem.

Don't worry, I don't do that haha (I have friends who do, but I personally don't).