Our Na'vi Tribe (discussion & pre-planning)

Started by Txontaw, January 10, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:16:30 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:07:21 PM
I identify as bisexual (meaning I can like both guys and girls), and I wanted to make sure no one gets all freaked out and stuff...

Eh. As long as you don't hit on anyone (that's not bi, I mean), I don't think we'll have a problem.

Don't worry, I don't do that haha (I have friends who do, but I personally don't).

Well then we won't have a problem. :)
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 02:17:14 PM
Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:16:30 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 02:10:25 PM
Quote from: swizaw on January 17, 2010, 02:07:21 PM
I identify as bisexual (meaning I can like both guys and girls), and I wanted to make sure no one gets all freaked out and stuff...

Eh. As long as you don't hit on anyone (that's not bi, I mean), I don't think we'll have a problem.

Don't worry, I don't do that haha (I have friends who do, but I personally don't).

Well then we won't have a problem. :)

NO! BI=BAD!!! XD Don't worry, no one will not like you for being bi. I know a ton of bi people, and they're some of the best friends anyone can have. And if anyone gives you trouble, tell me and I will fight them. And I will win ^_^ (Sorry, joke between me and some friends of mine)

Eywa ayngahu, ma aytsmuktu

-Uriuujìn

Hawnu UnilTxep

I agree with ma Uriuujiun.
If anyone gives you a problem, Swizaw, just let me know.  I'll teach them a lesson ;]
And, no, I don't mind.  I was bi at one point.  Don't ask me why I'm not anymore, please.  It will be a very long discussion... and this thread is not the place for it, lol.
I'm sure you won't be the only one, Swizaw.

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

Txontaw

Our community is getting more diverse by the minute!
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

swizaw

Quote from: Txontaw on January 17, 2010, 02:49:21 PM
Our community is getting more diverse by the minute!

Agreed! (I'm also half-Asian haha)

Coyote

A lack of tolerance of any sort in this community would seem counter-intuitive.

Wait, actually... sorry guys. I am intolerant towards Aryan Supremacists and KKK'ers. Is that going to be a problem?  ;)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Zhowìntll

I like it!  Completely moving away from civilization?  Kinda crazy.  Annual camping trip for Avatards?  Perfect.  Let those Trekkies and Star Wars Geeks go to San Diego.  We will go to the forest, and live as the Na'vi for a weekend.  GREAT idea!

OmegaQ1

i kinda disagree on doing it for a weekend because its kinda a waste of money and even time. for people that would get plane tickets or even drive it would be better to camp out for atleast a week so that there is time to be spent to enjoy the camping rather than all time spent driving or flying
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

tsmukan ftu Eywa

Ok, I left for the wee my lat post is on 25 so if we have covered any thing I say let me know.

I think we should put the toilet down river the air following the river will carry the cent.
I can't join you this year but year after this would be cool. I don't mind kids being there but please for there sake and ours don't bring them if they don't want to really come.
A any phobias should be covered in the meeting before we get to the site. we should have a 3 week camp. this gives the max comfortable window for people to arrive and for them getting sick of the trip and not wanting to be there any more.

A 3 min hike to any bathroom is much too long. the farther anything is from camp improves chances of getting lost.
I you plan on flying there (I doubt anyone is)you should dress for a diff. climate, forests in say New York are very diff. from say Tennessee.
Any kid who plans to go. Tell your rents now because a no is a most likely if you just drop this trip on them.

and did anyone put into thought what I said about the Indians reserve?

Note: Burning Man isn't the best place to have this because of the large amount of adult things that take place or at least what it's known for. That would be like showing up to a party no one invited you to (and they didn't know you).
NEYTIRI
      I am with you now, Jake. We are mated for
      life.

JAKE
      We are?

NEYTIRI
      Yes. It is our way.
         (innocently)
      Oh. I forgot to tell?

OmegaQ1

well if we have one near northern utah in the summertime then i would be able to come then,thats the only time of the year i would be able to. i fly from ohio to utah every summer to visit my mom and i would most likely be able to go,'maybe'. i would have to take it up with my mom but it shouldnt be too much of a problem knowing her lol.
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

tsmukan ftu Eywa

It's good to know your rents think of it that way =)
I just had a few ideas....

1:an elder, I call hem an elder because I would rather hem be old and wise. we will govern any arguments, and this is only my in case we do have any issues. got grad rents that may want to come?bring the one you think is wisest...

2:I would suggest trying your best not to bring the controlling side of your family. I think I speak for us all wen I say this, because the last thing we want is a rent trying to tell us what IS and ISN'T the right way to build a camp fire or that we should all go hiking on sunday, archery on monday, fire making on tuesday ECT....

3: we want to (or at least I) stay away from Mexico... piracy is growing in these areas and so are kidnappings. I would much prefer to do this in a safe manner so stay in the North side of America please. If you live in south America I think you should bring this up so that we could make two threads North America and south America tribal suggestions.

4: For the tribe drawings, I would like to add a school. or a learning place of some sort. This may attract more people to come to this if you offer a tooter to help those in need of help.
NEYTIRI
      I am with you now, Jake. We are mated for
      life.

JAKE
      We are?

NEYTIRI
      Yes. It is our way.
         (innocently)
      Oh. I forgot to tell?

bagget00

Hey, on the topic of TV and computer, why not simplify it and get a computer screen that is a good size and use it for both tv and the computer. Thatway, you wouldn't have to use two tvs and if its a good size yo wouldn't need a projector.
When you said fridge, Uriuujin, did you mean mini fridge or full size fridge?
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: bagget00 on January 17, 2010, 07:07:37 PM
Hey, on the topic of TV and computer, why not simplify it and get a computer screen that is a good size and use it for both tv and the computer. Thatway, you wouldn't have to use two tvs and if its a good size yo wouldn't need a projector.
When you said fridge, Uriuujin, did you mean mini fridge or full size fridge?

Full size would probably be best, though just a straight-up freezer wouldn't be too bad either. Just something we can use to keep the perishables from... perishing. XD

Quote from: tsmukan ftu Eywa on January 17, 2010, 06:50:11 PM
It's good to know your rents think of it that way =)
I just had a few ideas....

1:an elder, I call hem an elder because I would rather hem be old and wise. we will govern any arguments, and this is only my in case we do have any issues. got grad rents that may want to come?bring the one you think is wisest...

2:I would suggest trying your best not to bring the controlling side of your family. I think I speak for us all wen I say this, because the last thing we want is a rent trying to tell us what IS and ISN'T the right way to build a camp fire or that we should all go hiking on sunday, archery on monday, fire making on tuesday ECT....

3: we want to (or at least I) stay away from Mexico... piracy is growing in these areas and so are kidnappings. I would much prefer to do this in a safe manner so stay in the North side of America please. If you live in south America I think you should bring this up so that we could make two threads North America and south America tribal suggestions.

4: For the tribe drawings, I would like to add a school. or a learning place of some sort. This may attract more people to come to this if you offer a tooter to help those in need of help.

I stand by my own opinion: Do not bring anyone that is not a member of the tribe, unless they; A, didn't know soon enough and would love to join in; or b, they are 'eveng and you want them to share this experience.

The reason that I think this is because we don't want people who don't want to be here, or don't share the love for nature. We also want to keep the negativity at a low, because we're a large group of people who are going to be staying in a large area together for a while. Best not to ruffle each other's feathers, right?

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

QuoteFull size would probably be best, though just a straight-up freezer wouldn't be too bad either. Just something we can use to keep the perishables from... perishing. XD

Well then we will probably need a real generator because a full size fridge/freezer in the equatorial jungles would eat a lot of energy.

That and a Uninteruptable power supply (UPS) for the computer for if power goes out. And if the power goes out, no one opens the fridge and we should be okay on that for a few hours till we could get power back up.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: bagget00 on January 17, 2010, 07:20:22 PM
QuoteFull size would probably be best, though just a straight-up freezer wouldn't be too bad either. Just something we can use to keep the perishables from... perishing. XD

Well then we will probably need a real generator because a full size fridge/freezer in the equatorial jungles would eat a lot of energy.

That and a Uninteruptable power supply (UPS) for the computer for if power goes out. And if the power goes out, no one opens the fridge and we should be okay on that for a few hours till we could get power back up.

I love what oeyä tsmuktu said, though I cannot for he life of me remember who it was, but they suggested using water-generated power from the river, as well as any other green power sources that we could find. Gasoline use should be kept to a minimum ^_^

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

Right. Just keep the generator for a back up in case.

Java

Do you guys have an idea of where exactly you would be located?

bagget00

Not at the moment. Just shoot some ideas out there. We still have loads of time to figure all of this out.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

bagget00

well yeah, but....
Also, congrats on hitting 500 posts today Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu.