Our Na'vi Tribe (discussion & pre-planning)

Started by Txontaw, January 10, 2010, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tawioang

The first few times we hunt we should probably go in groups of two, possibly three or maybe even more until we get confident that we can hunt solo. In the film quatritch mentions the na'vi arrows are dipped in a neurotoxin which will kill the target pretty quickly. Almost anything with meat on it is edible I believe. Electricity is a possibility I suppose then, we should see how we get on when we camp for a week.

Txontaw

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do for college since I had chosen before I saw Avatar to go to Game Art and Design (what am I gonna use that for in the middle of the forest?). I don't know how my parents would react to a large change of major focus, like going into fine arts instead.

I agree with Unil Txep. Everyone interested in joining the tribe should learn something unique so that they can teach it to others when we get together.

This will complicated to coordinate, what with parents and all. But we shall do it! And I'm glad we're actually taking a look at all the risks and stuff, instead of just dreaming about what it will be like. I'm sure we can pull this off.

I can just imagine what they think when they find our tribe 100 years from now; What? Why are there a bunch of European (mostly) descent that have a tribe and speak a language that was made for a movie?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Ikranä mokri

camping for a week isnt a problem really if u can find a source of fresh water and you have the right equipment for snares and its a good idea to go in grups to hunt in. and do you really want to run the risk of cutting yourself on an arrow dipped in neurotoxin??

and im gonna be doing drama in uni i doubt thatll be very helpful.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I think we should hunt with just regular arrows until we're a lot more experienced.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ikranä mokri

Coyote

Hunting with poisoned arrows is probably illegal as all hell, and if caught the only tribe you'll be integrating with will be the "General Population Wing/D-Block" tribe.  ;)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Coyote on January 12, 2010, 01:22:23 PM
Hunting with poisoned arrows is probably illegal as all hell, and if caught the only tribe you'll be integrating with will be the "General Population Wing/D-Block" tribe.  ;)

Lol, maybe.

P.S. Coyote, every time I see your sig I laugh my ass off.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tawioang

I'm pretty sure its legal to use poisonous arrows. 

Ikranä mokri

no i think it is illegal to use poisioned tips as animal cruelty is illegal and poisions (some) kill very slowly and therefore its animal cruelty
i think

Tawioang

I think it depends on the laws in different countries, I'l bet a tribe somewhere use poison arrows for quick hunting.

Ikranä mokri

Txontaw

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on January 12, 2010, 01:29:50 PM
no i think it is illegal to use poisioned tips as animal cruelty is illegal and poisions (some) kill very slowly and therefore its animal cruelty
i think

Not if it's as effective as Na'vi arrows.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Ikranä mokri

i guess so stopping the hearth in a minute is pretty imnpressive

We are Omaticaya

thats a great idea im all for it if you guys are going to do it.
Join the Xbox live Learn Na'vi Group. Message the listed (Xbox live) members below if you are interested in joining. 

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

Ikranä mokri

well i hope we do it cause it would be an awsome way to spice life up a but even if we were just in tents with running water and stuff just to be around people who can speak Na'Vi would be awsome

tents to start with then slowly build up to a tribal system and i like the idea of different like groups in different parts of the world before all coming together in 1 location

Hawnu UnilTxep

Quote from: Nìwotkrr Tsahameylu on January 12, 2010, 01:23:45 PM
Quote from: Coyote on January 12, 2010, 01:22:23 PM
Hunting with poisoned arrows is probably illegal as all hell, and if caught the only tribe you'll be integrating with will be the "General Population Wing/D-Block" tribe.  ;)

Lol, maybe.

P.S. Coyote, every time I see your sig I laugh my ass off.

All truth.  I LMAO the first time I read it too. :D  And every time after that...
Drama: Good.  We might need that.  We will need to entertain ourselves.
Game design: ... haha. yes, quite unuseful.  But, very cool anyway :D

I'm taking a break from studying to get on here.  Ack, I have so much stress right now.  You guys are my release.
Now then.

Yes, I agree that knife skills and nice knifes are a plus! We will need them to construct things and also good for skinning, etc.  I am assuming that we will be killing only what we need to survive and using everything from said animal? Awesome.  I can make some killer jewelery with some bones.
So, we need to make a list of things that we will/might need.  I guess I just volunteered myself, lol.

Alright, so we need: [feel free to make suggestions]

Medics [at least one] - Unil Txep

Hunters [preferably most people in the tribe should be efficient hunters]- Twonyu Ikranä , Tawioang

Scouts [number suggestion?] - Twonyu Ikranä , Tawioang

Cooks - swizaw

Herders? [if applicable to where we settle]

Weavers

Seamstresses/ers [?]

Gatherers [this can be the children later... sounds weird] - Tawioang

Fire-tenders - swizaw

Architects/handypeople

Fishers - swizaw

Males: [on list] 2 : Twonyu Ikranä , Tawioang
Females [on list] 2 : Unil Txep, Swizaw
[[feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, and apologies in advance.. some of you don't have it in your profile]]

*****COYOTE: Assume you would like to be considered as leader/ co-leader or similar, warrior, hunter, handyperson, but I need to put you on the list so let me know, k? thanks :]

I know I'm forgetting bunches of stuff, so post in reply and I'll update.
Also need to know who can do what, who's going to get training to do what... etc.
Feel free to put this in the first post :D... the list I mean.  That just means it falls on ma tsmukan to update it ;]

Irayo.

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

Ikranä mokri

hell if your doing a list put me down for scout and hunter

Tawioang

I very much like the idea of being a hunter and gatherer and the role of a scout. I think most of the people in the tribe would be good at hunting. 

Coyote

Hey, guys, always glad to provide some laughs!

I can bring a number of things to the table--
Several years of military experience*, including 1 year of Iraq time. Beyond the weapons and stuff, this also was invaluable in experience with leadership, perticularly in high-stress situations, and maintaining a sense of humor and good morale in the most adverse of conditions.

While I haven't been out in the woods much lately, I have a lot of experience just moving about in thick woods and desert-- hiking, climbing, freestyle rock climbs, etc. I'm pretty good at it, and I'm comfortable and un-intimidated by things in the wild. I've slept outdoors many times under a variety of weather conditions and can deal with them all, although I admit preferring hot, dry weather over anything else whenever I can get it.

I'm good at chopping wood with hatchet, axe, splitting maul and chainsaw.

I am fortunate in that I have no allergies or wierd rashes or reactions to dust or anything like that, nor worries like diabetes or epilepsy where I need meds of some sort. I am nearsighted, but... that's really about it.

You know what else would be good to have along? A good home brew kit and some carboys to make our own Blue Brew Ale after a hard days' work.

*Military experience in particular is Army Infantry (footsoldier) and Combat Engineer.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Hawnu UnilTxep

Updated.
Irayo, ma aytsumakan.

Also, I think it would be helpful to see just how many male/female ratio we are getting.  Have to remember, we'll be living and muntxa together.  Weird, but practical.  Survival of our unique perspective and culture.

Coyote: My dad is a brewer.  I can learn from him and we could brew our own. :D

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.