Started by Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn, February 20, 2010, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should pets be allowd in the tribe?

Yes
No
Depends on what kind of animal

Col Quaritch

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 08, 2010, 10:39:54 AM
well falconry is a difficult subject to address, iv done falconry for a few years now (even though i don't own a falcon, which technically inst the right word its a coined American phrase and i hate myself using it) and i have many books on the subject.

Birds of prey (correct term) come in a few different classes (from what i can tell reading) short wings and longs wings are the basic 2. each one is better suited to a different environment. then you have females and males (males are usually 1/3 smaller than the females and different colours)

and then you get into care and training and all sort sorts of stuff. you have to have all teh right equipment and it get very complicated

Sorry I didnt know the right words but at least I got across what I was trying to say. I do feel its one possible and good option.

Eana Tanhì

QuoteI say no to pets at least to start becuase all resources are needed for the humans first maybe 2 years down the line when we are 100% self sufficent I see it as a possiblity but for my 2 cents now.

I say the same thing... but if we'll bring animals I think that it should be dogs because they are more useful than cats, and if we bring both they'll eat each other

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Col Quaritch

Quote from: Eanä Tanhì on March 08, 2010, 12:59:14 PM
QuoteI say no to pets at least to start becuase all resources are needed for the humans first maybe 2 years down the line when we are 100% self sufficent I see it as a possiblity but for my 2 cents now.

I say the same thing... but if we'll bring animals I think that it should be dogs because they are more useful than cats, and if we bring both they'll eat each other

well now that would depend on what the current rodent population might or might not be and how we store our foods but in general you are right. Dogs have owners Cats have staff!

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I have two dogs and a parrot. I am not giving up my feathered baby :(. My smaller dog could hunt, if he wasn't such a yappy dork.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Swokéyan

I think we shouldnt allow to bring pets because im sure theres a high risk they might run away and you will never see them again. I dont want to see people mourning afterwards :(
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

guest2859

The eco-tribe could take care of them. That'd be easy, just a comfortable dog kennel or fenced off areas.

Fnua Atxkxe

Is good point about eco-village. It seems like a good compromise (again ;D). Still we don't actually know when we'll have the eco-village set-up do we?
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

No, probably after the tribe.

Fnua Atxkxe

That means people will have to find somewhere for their pets to stay meantime. Either that or not come in the beggining.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

I probably won't make it in the beginning, and I know my do isn't staying away from me, unless he's at the Ecovillage.

Fnua Atxkxe

I will miss my kitteh, except when she scratches me seeing as she doesn't like being picked up. Probs she will stay with my dad. Don't want her to die in the tribe.

guest2859

Stupid kittehs, always attacking the ones they love. Best to leave cats behind, no use except ratting in the Ecovillage.

Fnua Atxkxe

Don't insult teh kiteh or I'll set my palulukan on you ;). Yeah, she probably stay like I said

guest2859

Oeyä palulukan vrrtep aean lu.

Yeah, no real use though.

'Itan Atxur

So this seems like it's pretty much decided now.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Yeynari

Greetings all! I'm new here, found this topic through the "Progress" thread. I know it's old, but I just want to add my thoughts and experiences.

I've been practising paleo-/primitive living as a hobby for quite a few years, staying in the wilderness with a very basic "tribal survival kit" (2 knives, bowdrill-type firemaking kit, small tent, harpoon darts and a small cooking kettle) for 1-3 weeks at a time, in almost all weathers and seasons. I have a dog who's been with me on these trips since he was a puppy, I've also been out hiking with other people and dogs in larger groups.

There are imo good reasons why dogs were the first domesticated species. Depending on breed, a dog can be much more than a hunting partner. My buddy keeps the rodents and scavengers away from the camp, other dogs I've been with more or less sustained themselves on rodents during the trips. He spots people and animals way faster than me, and while hunting he points out prey for me on his own, which he learned to do all by himself despite having no hunting drive whatsoever otherwise. He's kept me warm at night when the temp fell well below freezing. A large (50 cm or larger) dog can pull a load its own weight, which means less time and effort gathering firewood. There's not much need to worry about feeding them, even if they don't hunt rodents they live and live well on leftovers from cooking/slaughter and bones (Try to avoid giving fish bones and always give bones raw, cooked bone turns into splinters when chewed which can cause great discomfort and even kill a dog).

It's a natural life for them just as it is for us. I'm very much biased, but imo they have a natural place there, and no animal (besides perhaps the horse if hunting large game) is as valuable in a hunter/gatherer lifestyle.
Proud member of the Revolutionists.

Esmond

Welcome to the tribe!!! Happy to have you.

Maybe you can tell us about your experiences while living primitively, I'm sure most of us would like to get a good picture.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here. =) Peace.

Eywa ngahu.

Help preserve Nature.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

You could start a thread for it. I am also quite interested in hearing about this.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Ikranä mokri

i envoke rule number 32 of the internet: Pics or it didnt happen

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Yeynari

Pics of what? My dog? Campsite? Detailed photoguide on how to hunt or pull firewood with a dog? Pics of dogs being domesticated? Please specify.

If you doubt my knowledge, read my posts in other threads. Then read any and all paleoliving forums and survival guide books and then tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about :)
Proud member of the Revolutionists.