Pets

Started by Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn, February 20, 2010, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should pets be allowd in the tribe?

Yes
No
Depends on what kind of animal

Letxuma Swizaw

as long as she's quiet and friendly i suppose i don't really have a problem with it. If we're somewhere with lots of scavengers (Pretty much everywhere) it'll help a lot to scare them away while we sleep.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Pwatem

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 20, 2010, 11:41:01 PM
I don't think we should. At least, not at first.

yea. i think after everyone's settled in we could consider having pets. anything other than a dog would be pretty difficult to care for. cats can't really be trained, hamsters, mice, rats, guinea pigs, birds,  etc. have to be kept in cages and fed.

we could make up requirements for owning a pet; like how much living space they have, if they properly feed and eliminate the waste of the animal, etc.
,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire

guest2859

Can I keep a wolf if we find one?  :P

The old Uriuujìn

I think that Dogs and cats are both really good ideas for the Tribe- they can help with hunting and with pest control. We'd probably want young animals, as well, and maybe some breeding ones. Good for keeping up the population and for moneys, depending on the animals ^_^
Quote from: uniltìyìranyu on February 21, 2010, 04:19:07 AM
What is such a hunting animal? A falcon maybe?
I would totally go for a Falcon ^_^ I think they are awesome, and if I could train one, I would.
Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 21, 2010, 07:52:14 PM
Can I keep a wolf if we find one?  :P
^_^;;;;;;;;;;;;; Methinks that re-evaluating that choice might be wise.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

guest2859

Wolfy can help control kitty population. :P

But yeah, I'd be afraid to approach a wild wolf.

Txontaw

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 21, 2010, 09:30:17 PM
Wolfy can help control kitty population. :P

But yeah, I'd be afraid to approach a wild wolf.

Unless you know how to deal with one.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Valuk

Alright, so...hunting style dogs/working dog groups...

That's my .02
Hell, I'm new don't murder me!
When I get fit, I'll be a warrior. Well, skinnier lets go with that.
Your Na'vi Man at Arms and Protector of the weak: Valuk.

d5ive

Well we know that indian tribes had dogs etc and they have been used for hundreds of years for hunting so there are deffinately uses for pets
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Woah! Last time I checked it was 2 to 4 to 6! That changed...

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

guest2859

Yeah, I think we are considering dogs.

Fnua Atxkxe

I personally like animals but hadn't really envisioned them in the tribe. I suppose animals that serve a purpose are fair enough but what about allergies? That could mean unnecessary complications seeing as how you can also develop allergies to them even if you don't have any allergies now. Certainly not in the initial stages though, too much to do to get everything running smooth first but then what do we do with animals until were ready to deal with them. I suppose we could nominate someone to look after them.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

I think only dogs, and we'd enforce a leash law.

Fnua Atxkxe

Are we going to be using animal products i.e milk, meat etc or what, some people may get attached to them and again what about allergies?

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

Just depends who. I think after a while we'll just get used to them, because if their not cleaned as often, the hair sticks and it's covered more.

Fnua Atxkxe

Maybe, I don't know much about allergies not being allergic to animals (or anything), I know my dad used to be allergic to cats & dogs and he has a cat now with no adverse effects.

Nìftxavang Sreu

I voted for "it depends on the animal" because I agree that I couldn't, per say, in-vision a cat walking around the tribe, it would take up space, food, and attention. unnecessary. But certain breeds of dog could be useful. Dogs that are bred to hunt or simply protect could be useful

proud member of the NSFC!!

Fnua Atxkxe

Same, maybe other animals after we've been going for a couple years and if everything's going fine

Nìftxavang Sreu

proud member of the NSFC!!

guest2859

I have a schnauzer [miniature/standard]. They were bred in farms to hunt mice and rats. My dog does that, but he plays with them until they're dead and leaves them there. Plus he hates strangers.

Pwatem

,__, 
(0,0)
/)_)
   ""
"I am alive inside. a bird is my heart." - Sapphire