Started by Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn, February 20, 2010, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should pets be allowd in the tribe?

Yes
No
Depends on what kind of animal

sezawte

^^ true that.

I get the feeling though that it's very unlikely we could get a domesticated animal to be useful on hunts etc. (note domesticated) especially if it's used to household surroundings
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

guest2859

My dog gets scared when we go on vacation because he sleeps outback with the outside dog.

Nìftxavang Sreu

well then I guess he wouldn't be a good tribe dog lol

proud member of the NSFC!!

guest2859

And for intellegence, too. He almost tried to jump out of our car on the highway to attack a semi.

Nìftxavang Sreu

haha sounds like my relatives  ;D

Txontaw

Quote from: Nìftxavang Sreu on February 24, 2010, 06:30:38 PM
haha sounds like my relatives  ;D

Your relatives would jump out of a car on the highway?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nìftxavang Sreu

no! haha it was just more of a comparison to be taken lightly. Your dog doesn't seem super smart, not all my relatives are.

guest2859

He isn't much. Our wireless doorbells's off the wall, so I click it just to hear him bark. He doesn't understand the doorbell.

Txontaw

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on February 24, 2010, 06:57:15 PM
He isn't much. Our wireless doorbells's off the wall, so I click it just to hear him bark. He doesn't understand the doorbell.

Haha, I want a wireless doorbell! I could make my parents think there's someone doorbell ditching us.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nìftxavang Sreu

haha well we're off topic

Mawey au 'ekong

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on February 23, 2010, 06:38:49 PM
Working cats? What do they do? All mine does is collapse next to the heater and occasionally get's up for food.
Oh I was thinking rat catchers. I'm guessing we will probably need to prevent rodents at some point. However I agree most cats are lazy, we would need good hunters.
Twitter: cassiusitsohver

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Mawey au 'ekong on February 25, 2010, 03:32:56 PM
Working cats? What do they do? All mine does is collapse next to the heater and occasionally get's up for food.
Oh I was thinking rat catchers. I'm guessing we will probably need to prevent rodents at some point. However I agree most cats are lazy, we would need good hunters.

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 23, 2010, 06:59:47 PM
Cat's where domesticated when humans stopped to move from place to place and started to build villages. Cats are very good at killing rodents and stuff that eat the food you grow or hunt.

Yes, already conceded the point about cats, wasn't thinking
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Elektrolurch

Sorry... but mice in the rain forests?
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Txontaw

Quote from: uniltìyìranyu on February 26, 2010, 04:05:55 AM

Sorry... but mice in the rain forests?

Rats....and yes.

Rolyu

Cats being used as ratters are a development of "modern society." It could be a problem in the eco-village, especially if you're using renewable and biodegradable materials to build and insulate your home.  I can definitely see the need for cats in the eco-village.  Problem?  You need real cats that can acutally hunt and survive.
Gah.  Work! Ill finish that later!

Ikranä mokri

terriers are good ratters. bitten once and they will f*** up any rat mouse or squirrel tehy see hell my dog literally climbed a tree to chase a squirrel

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Rolyu

I can see small ratting dogs as a more efficient way to control pests and hunt small animals than cats.  Dogs will actually hunt on command.  XD

guest2859

My dogs a ratter by breed [Schnauzer]. Just needs to get used to humans.

Col Quaritch

Heres my thoughts on "pets"? unless its a true hunting type animal or feeds the people I dont feel it has a purpose. Now here are some examples where a pet can do both, ferrets. When properly trained they can down small burrowing holes and ferret out small animals for food even kill them and drag them out such as rabbits or squirral. Dogs by far larger breeds make a great warning animale simply put they hear and smell far beyond our range. Dogs and a pack mentality once rasied and trained properly in both village and amonge our tribel family they will fiercly fight to the death for you, all they ask in return is share of the spoils at your table and rub my belly  ;D I dont know much of the area of Falconing but from what I understand great hobby and again another way to gather small animals and such. And lastly rabbits but not any kind of breed there is a breed known as the German giant dwarf this first they well breed like rabbits so stock is good so long as we keep our good supply of male and females on hand. Second their size they can grow up 58 lbs they were orginaly grown to support german farmers and their famils through harsher winters when it just wasnt feesable to get to a village or town for more stock, go to youtube and put in search german giant dwarf if you wanna see one of these monsters. The only trouble with any kind of animal we have is falling in love with it espically if its eventuly going to end up on our dinner plate. I say no to pets at least to start becuase all resources are needed for the humans first maybe 2 years down the line when we are 100% self sufficent I see it as a possiblity but for my 2 cents now.

Ikranä mokri

well falconry is a difficult subject to address, iv done falconry for a few years now (even though i don't own a falcon, which technically inst the right word its a coined American phrase and i hate myself using it) and i have many books on the subject.

Birds of prey (correct term) come in a few different classes (from what i can tell reading) short wings and longs wings are the basic 2. each one is better suited to a different environment. then you have females and males (males are usually 1/3 smaller than the females and different colours)

and then you get into care and training and all sort sorts of stuff. you have to have all teh right equipment and it get very complicated

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-