Pets

Started by Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn, February 20, 2010, 11:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should pets be allowd in the tribe?

Yes
No
Depends on what kind of animal

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I started talking about this in another thread but I think this is something that the tribe should vote on as a whole. Because not everybody likes pets and/or has allergies of some sort.

On a personal note, if pets end up as not allowed I wouldn't be able to permanently join until my faithful menantang and palulukan die off in 12 years.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

'Itan Atxur

For the tribe? Absolutely no pets IMO. They would just get in the way and require more food and resources. Maybe we could "acquire" new pets from the woods but I'm not so sure that's a good idea either.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

I don't think we should. At least, not at first.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

'Itan Atxur

I could MAYBE see our pets ending up in the eco village so we could see them every now and then.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Don't let this   :'(

Happen to these guys  :'(

Txontaw

IMO, I think it really depends on the animal.

Like, no guinea pigs. But dogs could be allowed.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Deamon5550

I think that if the animal doesn't have a purpose (like goats have a purpose for milk, meat etc,) then it should not be allowed as it would take up more food and time for no reason. So no domestic animals (Dogs, cats, hamsters...)
Unless the dogs was something like a sheep dog (herds animals) or had some other use (most likely for hunting.)
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Why do you think dogs and cats were domesticated in the first place? Dogs were used as hunting aids and cats would catch pests such as rats and mice.

Deamon5550

what about hampsters? :P fine dogs and cats may have a use (as long as their not fat old ones ;))
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

They make tasty snacks for the dogs.

sezawte

I think having pets is a bad idea, especially if they're used to being raised in a standard domestic environment, and somebody already said this I think but they'd just end up being more mouths to feed and in the jungle or wherever it's not so easy to pop down to the store for another bag of cat food

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Elektrolurch

The essential thing is, that we STILL live on Earth, where animals think other. A dog for example is the human's best friend, so there's no reason for not taking him/her with us. Sure it depends on what kind of animal. If someone would take 300 elephants with him, ...
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

bagget00

I say, just dogs, or other hunting animals.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Elektrolurch

Dogs, cats, mice, ... Something around that.

What is such a hunting animal? A falcon maybe?

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I'd be willing to make an exception for dogs trained to hunt.

guest2859

And the dogs need to be used to strangers. That's not my dog- he becomes enraged when he sees people he doesn't know.

Coyote

Ordinarily I'd say "no", but exceptions can be made under certain circumstances. Dogs come in a wide variety of types, and a Malamute or Labrador Retriever can be handy, whereas a Pekingese or a Maltese...mmmm, less so. In fact, those end being snacks for... coyotes. (yum!  ;))

Hardy outdoor dogs would be handy. Cats would not be so handy, unless you're pretty much willing to let them go feral and exist on the perimeters of the site taking down rodents.

But to properly ecologically responsible, note that domesticated cat breeds that are allowed to go feral are devastating to natural habitats and upset local ecologies.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

bagget00

I've been wanting to get a Rodesian Ridgeback (SP?)

They are really big dogs. Were trained to hunt lions in Africa, but the one I would most likely get here in the US is smaller bunt still a hunter.
They are basically, giant puppies. They love everyone and everything. Plus, like I said, hunting. Would be great for hunting and taking down the game.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Letxuma Swizaw

At first i was like "heeellllll naw!" but then i thought that a dog, that's good with others of course, could be somewhat helpful but it also could hurt us by scaring the game eating our food. idk now i want to change my vote. poo!
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Elektrolurch

I think my dog might be quite useful... She isn't trained at all, but good to everyone!