Should we have a new website?

Started by Tsmuktengan, November 11, 2011, 06:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

I am suggesting this as the only website (and therefore resource centralization platform, as well as visibility) is http://www.project-tribal.com/ and seems hard to maintain.

Like I have attempted to do for the platform hosting  BigBlueButton (na.learnnavi.org), I think a Wordpress would be more adapted to create pages, a news feed, and a space for blogging (as Navin will be starting on his side and wants to keep in touch with us, this could be a good idea).

When I see the Blue Moon tribe website, I think our project deserves a better and more developed front page, as we still do need to investigate sustainable locations.

What do you think? We already have the forum here, but I feel a new website is a chance to restructure things a bit, as we now have more ideas and data to display. It shall be far more easy to maintain as well.

Txontaw

Well, I still have my website concept... I just haven't been working on it as it seems there is practically no one for it to be of any service to. If there's a renewed interest than I will happily continue working on it.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Txontaw on November 12, 2011, 04:50:36 AM
Well, I still have my website concept... I just haven't been working on it as it seems there is practically no one for it to be of any service to. If there's a renewed interest than I will happily continue working on it.

I have not seen anything about it. Could you please detail then? Most people here including me have a lot of work to do IRL as well, but in some free time, I could help.

Tonbogiri

Ah yes, the website. Good ol' project-tribal.com - while it was a simple design, it still looks exactly the same and has stood the test of time. I have not edited the site for a while, but I shall get right on it...

Txontaw, I remember your original plan for a website. I will say, it looked far more professional than mine, and we would all absolutely love it if you could resume some plans on it! Sadly, apart from the example above, I have no real experience in web design. Certainly I can also provide assistance, just not in the design/programming department.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tsmuktengan

This is why I insist so much on using a CMS like Wordpress : no web design knowledge required.  :)