The dry run - lets get going!

Started by Tonbogiri, October 08, 2010, 05:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

To Tsleng,

Lovely enthusiasm, and glad to see you're back on the boards.
but...

While we would all love to live tribal for life (myself included) there are boundaries. Tribe life becomes impractical as you age, and while we could introduce the concept of tribal elders, once you become infirm it becomes harder to live that life.

Perhaps this is something to discuss more later. Ah well.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tsleng Keye'ung

I understand that when you get old that you can't go and climb trees like spiderman, but I dont like the idea of spending millions of dollars on location just to leave when your bones start aching. And, yes this needs a whole new topic. And one last thing is that, wouldn't clan elders be awesome? To be able to live your life knowing your part of a tribe and then dieing there knowing you where of the first tribemembers, that without you that the whole tribe may have not happened. And of course you would have to right a document saying you do not hold the RLNT responsible for anything.

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Tsleng Keye'ung on February 02, 2011, 05:15:13 PM
I understand that when you get old that you can't go and climb trees like spiderman, but I dont like the idea of spending millions of dollars on location just to leave when your bones start aching. And, yes this needs a whole new topic. And one last thing is that, wouldn't clan elders be awesome? To be able to live your life knowing your part of a tribe and then dieing there knowing you where of the first tribemembers, that without you that the whole tribe may have not happened. And of course you would have to right a document saying you do not hold the RLNT responsible for anything.

Yeah that's a great notion! Anybody have any idea as to what's to be happening in regards to wills and such?
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nantxe'lan

Quote from: Na'vin on January 23, 2011, 11:55:58 PM
I myself am not interesting in doing this just to show the world.... I am doing this for myself...and as should you.

*cough, cough*
i never dared to say this since it sounded a bit selfish to me, but i totally agree with this point.  
on the other hand this "selfishness" results from the love to nature and earth... so it is perhaps som kind of "good selfishness"... ;D

getting old in the tribe is a great wish of mine. the only thing i fear is becomming a burden for the tribe...

anyway...
i think death and testaments are a topic which is important at the very first moment a tribe member sets foot on our chosen location. sad as it is but accidental death or death under exceptional circumstances are dangers which will start with the first day. additionally it might even interfere with the choice of location (regarding funeral rights, repatriation of remains and such).

but nevertheless i think this topic isn't that urgent ATM.
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/

Tonbogiri

Thanks for those points Nantxe'lan.

I for one am really glad that there are those of us on this board who still want this idea to flourish in its original glory. This was what we wanted at the start, wasn't it? A way of LIVING our lives, not pretending. Selfish? Maybe. But I like to think of it like this - we are an example of how it is possible to live in a way that allows harmony and synchrony (heh, I like that word) with the natural world. I'll bet the anti-xbox brigade would support us on that front!

Tribal elders. The age at which you would become less able to work is greater than you might think - based on our lifestyle, even 50-60 year olds may still have important and valuable roles to fill. And even if you can no longer run and jump, there are still other things that you can do to help out! We will be making our own culture in a way, so the stereotypical way that the elderly are viewed in modern society may not even apply to us at all.

Oooo, last will and testament. Always a cheerful topic, and one that will be discussed in a tribal politics and laws thread, which will be started once we narrow down our list of locations.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Uriuujìn

The talk of the elderly raises the same question of medical support that I personally feel is one of the most important aspects of life in general. Truth is, if we want to have a long, healthy life, ESPECIALLY in this tribe, we are going to need either medical facilities on site, or at least some modern doctors within an easy-to-reach distance, so that if there is a medical issue we can have access to the undoubtedly fantastic modern methods of healing and health preservation.

Goddess protect us all ^_^

-Uriuujìn
All of existence is based on the balance of energy, the exchange of good and evil, light and dark, life and death. The earth goddess teaches us that the latter balance is the most important. She takes no sides, but loves all life.
Without balance, Existence would crumble, and cease to be.
-Uriuujìn