Ikran Tribe of the Eastern Sea -- RP Tribe Info

Started by Tanhì'itan, January 02, 2010, 11:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanhì'itan

Well, I'm not sure if this still alive and running. But hello clan.
I wish I weren't so busy becoming a doctor to keep abreast of my Na'vi or to visit this site. But I just wanted to stop by.. And Happy New Year as well.

Ikran Tribe

Ma Tsmuke: Tanhì'ite
*Loves the Sea Clan Leader from movie.

Niwantaw

It kinda fell apart half a year ago when stuff started happening and a few people vanished :/.

But happy new year to you too
Only mostly AWOL.

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Coyote

Hello all... I'm here from the "Storm Over Pandora" RP and we're having the same problem... things kinda dropped off. SOP and Ikran Tribe are the two biggest RPs on the board and even after a long period of inactivity our groups still have the most views and activity. We must have winning formulas somehow!  ;)

A bunch of us are making a concerted effort to revive Storm Over Pandora. I don't know if anyone here is interested but if you have energy looking for a place to go, maybe check it out? I can bring anyone up to date on stuff going on. I'm told it is very "readable". There is also the Storm Over Pandora Sketchbook with lots of accompanying artwork to help. You mostly want to go through the story posts from:

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu (he's the instigator of it!)
Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itan
Tanhìyärina'
Coyote--  myself-- I tend to try to include as much subtle summary as possible in each post, for my own benefit and anyone following.
El Jacko
Brainiac

People who drop out but wrote good stuff in the first chapters:
Nume fpi sänume
Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

There's also talk of just rebooting from the beginning and making something all new. That might be better if we're going to pool resources (energy? Motivation?) although in my (admittedly biased) opinion Storm Over Pandora has a fewer pages to catch up on and a plot & storyline that is tight and easy to engage with. But like I said-- I am biased, since I am Lehrrap's co-GM and one of the people running a lot of the NPCs.

Feel free to ask about SOP in our OOC Thread if you have any questions, or if you want to discuss a whole new project rebooted from scratch that we can all collaborate on.  :D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Mako

I'll join oeyä tsmukan on this and cast my insight into the pot. Since both of our RPs are experiencing drought, and we're considering a total system wipe/reboot, why not join up and write with people who are more or less committed to keeping the story going?

Anywho. A friendly hello while I'm here. I've kept up with you all's story (mostly because I posted in this thread once and so it shows up in my unread topics), and I must say we'd be glad to have you.

~Ta Reyona

Coyote

Thank you!  :) I think we each have some good, solid writers who are eager to do some good character-based stories, without relying on the "chat style" of one- or two-line posts. In-depth characters that really come alive and evoke thought and emotions.

And maybe learn some Na'vi by practicing some dialogue as well!  ;)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Niwantaw

Hey don't forget my two-or-three posts just before it stopped D:
Only mostly AWOL.

ExLibrisMortis

Emtokay

I'll join the SoP. Just need to thinkof a character.
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Emtokay

Txantslusam Skxawng

Yea, looked at it a few times, but I think its better of 'dead'
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Kaltxì ma oeyä ayelan.

Yes it is officially dead, unfortunately. One day, maybe we might continue this superb story, if we can reunite the original cast that is. But for now, this RP is no longer alive. Most of us either lost all of their free time to other projects or simply stopped coming here. It is really sad as everything happened really close to the end. We were, after all, beginning the last chapter of this series.

I just came back to say thank you to all of the people who posted in here. You are wonderful story tellers, especially you ExLibrisMortis who managed to drive (just about) everyone toward hour-long posts. I still remember the whole story like if it was yesterday even though it started just about three years ago.

I am really happy to see where this thread go us. Here's some statistics that I would like to bring up:

844 posts : twice as much as the next largest RP and each of them being on average 8 times as long.
14 845 views : again, twice as much as the following RP. Considering that at our peek there was 8 players keeping up with the thread, it means that all of us have either read the entire story 32 times or that we had over 200 readers. WOW! This is about 4% of this forum... 2 years after we stopped writing!
And lastly, this RP has generated so much... well... I don't want to say drama but that's the only word I can think of, that I got to be named Moderator of the RP sub-forum and still am today.

No wonder I thought about doing a publication when it would be finished. I still have the idea in mind by the way and kept all the work we did toward this goal. If I ever publish that book, all of the profits will go toward this forum and its unique community. The only thing that will make me keep a share is if I can also share it back with everyone of you. But I think this has already been clear when the project started.

Anyway... enough babbling. Again, thank you all for writing this wonderful story. This would have never been possible without all of you guys. We make a really good team together and I hope to see you all again in the same basket for an other project one day or even this one if we can all find some time to push new updates. (Maybe when Avatar 2 will come out?)

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan, proud leader of the Ikran Tribe of the Eastern Sea.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

ExLibrisMortis

Thanks for the kudos, much appreciated  ;)

I usually draw on previous stories to create my current content, and well, I've come back and drawn on this RP many times. It was a good experience and I was glad to play the antagonist. It was a very emotionally invested thread and experience. I'd love to finish it if we got people to come back. You could count me in easily.

Nevertheless, may that day come sooner than later, if at all. It was a good run, though it does still stand open ended.

Emtokay

I feel the same as ExLib, got right into the RP, and the more I posted and thought about the character the better the story and development went and sometimes after a post sat there wondering for a while if I posted it right etc. Also the little comedic things in the RP were good too.

Well hopefully it will be resurrected when the planets align and something something something *insert resurrecting movie scene*