Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Not sure what you mean by that, but I was actually planning on meeting everyone else tomorrow, pre flight.

Coyote

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 09:00:01 PM
Hey Coyote, do you have skype or something? I was writing my next part but figured we could have some conversation over dinner (that sounded far more romantic than intended). I'm bri_zen, just add me if you do...

Unfortunately, no, but at the suggestion of others here I downloaded ICQ yesterday, where I am "Arik". I'm also "lordcoyotus" on Yahoo messenger, and used to be "[email protected]" for MSN Messenger, but I'm having trouble getting that to start up (haven't used it in a long time, and, well... Microsoft, eh). The hotmail account does still work for regular mail.

I'm usually on late afternoons to evenings, Mountains time zone, USA.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Ok great, it seems like since we're all getting ready to 'meet' and interact maybe some of us can work on some conversation together. So then is there once form of messaging we can all agree to use, it might be a bit easier rather than having some people on skype, some people on msn, etc. I went and registered an ICQ this morning but the servers are loaded so I can't add anyone just yet. I put myself down as 'Ariel' so hopefully you'll be able to find me, I filled out a bunch of the other personal info too just in case (female, 19, chicago).

Any comments?
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Mako

I prefer MSN. My MSN ID is [email protected] for anyone wondering.

Hawnu UnilTxep

I heard that the RP is opening up....?
How can an Avatar driver get in on this?
Am I the first female O_O

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: Unil Txep on January 06, 2010, 08:22:54 AM

No, I'm a girl and I think there's another girl. We have a bunch of avatar drivers getting ready to go to the school tomorrow (today?) but at this point I personally think we need more Na'vi...

But this isn't my rp, that's just my opinion :3
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Mako

I did my first post of day two, covering up to about 6 this morning for me and setting the stage for most of us to meet. I'll finish my day after we figure out how to connect stories here.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Still kicking around on day 1.

I am going to get my first flight if it's the last thing I do!

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Thorinbur

Is day one the day when we landed? Or the first day after that (Day when we landed had briefing and go sleeping after cryo would be day 0 than) I personaly think that second option is used in most of the posts. I mean
Day 0: landing, briefing, sleep.
Day 1:first Avatar tests, training.
Day two: flight to the school (we are here)

And second question does time on pandora more or less fits time on earth? I mean 0700 = morning
1200 = noon, 1900 = evening and so?
oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Alright, first:
Day 0 = landing, brief, sleep.
Day 1 = Avatar test, training.
Day 2 = First trip to the school

And time moves on pandora in surpisingly close to the same 24 hour time frame that Earth runs on, so yes, anything before 1200 hrs is the morning, anything after 1600 hours is evening, and any time earlyer then 0700 is the time for the crazy soldier people.

Also, I'm going to have to ask everyone to slow the bloody heck down for about twenty or so seconds so I can take a deep breath and catch up.

Oi.

Just... give me a moment to post up to where everyone else is right now.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Thorinbur

Quote"Alright, we're just waiting for the new arrival to catch up, his name is Chris, then we all head to Armor Bay where our pilots will introduce themselves and we'll get going." She looked around. Chris's Avatar was just joining them. "Alright, let's go," she said, and led them past the Avatar training area and to the bare steel and concrete world of the regular human colony.

That was me (Ralph) who had problems with electronic devices, and didn't cath up with the group, and chris wrote that Day one he had to whait for his Avatar to get ready and day two morning he got his tests. So where is my character now, cos i got lost.

QuoteAlso, I'm going to have to ask everyone to slow the bloody heck down for about twenty or so seconds so I can take a deep breath and catch up.

Yeah we peeked up the pace.

EDIT:
I was trying to meet us at the dinner day one, but Sänumeyu(Chris) missed my post, and ignored our late talk. So i think i will add to that post that he decided not to talk with you. I think i will edit my post so it would make sense.

I made it look like that:
"I really hope so. Hey look. It's Dr. Augustine" Chris pointed at the table where Dr was chatting with group of other people.

"Yeah and others looks familiar too. I think this is the rest of our group."

"Maybe we should go and say hi." Chris asked.

"Nah. I messed up in the morning and i dont want to get into Dr. Augustins way today".

So we didn't meet at the dinner.

Coyote

No need to worry over it; although we could probably slow down the time a bit.

I hope people don't mind, but to overcome the meet & interact parts I kind of just put everyone together for the flight-- so now we don't have to "stumble in the dark" any more!  ;D

And the 24-hour-time system is really handy for this RP, since we have people all over different time zones it helps keep things on the same sheet of music.

If you're confused about it, any thing before noon will appear to be a normal time. 8:00 in the morning becomes 0800. 9:00 in the morning is 0900; and 10:00 in the morning is 1000.

Any time after noon you just add +12 hours. So 1:00 pm becomes 1300, and 2:00 pm becomes 1400... all the way up to 9:00 pm, which is 2100, 10:00 pm is 2200, then 11:00 pm is 2300, and finally midnight which is 2400.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Mako

@Thorinbur Oe aytsap'ulte ma tsmúkan. I did notice, but ai had already finished day and it would have been tough to fit. I did imply that I'd met Grace before in my last post though. Don't worry about it.

Coyote

Quote from: Unil Txep on January 06, 2010, 08:22:54 AM

There are at least two other girls here that I can think of off the top of my head, and both have contributed some great reads. I'm trying to get the character sheet thread re-opened; I mentioned it here, a day or to ago, to Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, and in a PM to Etienne, but I don't think he's logged in yet.

But in the meantime, check the character sheet thread anyway and see what we've done, feel free to copy/paste the categories, work up a character and join us. Send a copy of the sheet to me and Lehrrap Uniltìranyu by PM. If we get the character sheet thread unlocked we can post them all there.

Originally, this was going to be a small RP, with maybe 5 people or so, but response has been so positive I volunteered to help GM it (Lehrrap Uniltìranyu is the one that set it up).

Setting is easy: 2 years before the events in the movie, and we are not constrained to follow the movie events exactly. Humans showed up on the "ISV Lightning Star" a couple days ago and were greeted by Col. Quaritch, and now we're all getting to know each other.

Na'vi characters start on the outside of the Hell's Gate colony, seeing more Tawtute showing up.

Feel free to ask questions here or by PM.  :)

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Thorinbur

Ok i already edited my post so it's ok, still there is no moment i officially meet the team. I quess i will just wait for
Lehrrap Uniltìranyu to post something. It is already quite messy without everyone trying to straighten things up.

And i am not confused about the 24 hours clock, cos i use it every day. I was just confused if 12 is noon and 20 is midnight like on earth.

Mako

I'm posting from my itouch, so it's difficult to make longer posts. If someone does take the story further, I'll continue it when I get home.

Thorinbur

My ICQ:563982705
send me something, so i could add you to my list.

Coyote

For anyone having difficulty with the 24-hour clock system (it isn't used much in the USA) I have posted an explanation in the "Military Stuff for the Curious" thread in the Info sub-forum. You can find it here.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Thorinbur

Quote from: Coyote on January 06, 2010, 07:33:21 AM
Unfortunately, no, but at the suggestion of others here I downloaded ICQ yesterday, where I am "Arik".

Add your number to the profile on forum or post it here. There are 10 pages of Ariks in search panel...

Coyote

Quote from: Thorinbur on January 06, 2010, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: Coyote on January 06, 2010, 07:33:21 AM
Unfortunately, no, but at the suggestion of others here I downloaded ICQ yesterday, where I am "Arik".

Add your number to the profile on forum or post it here. There are 10 pages of Ariks in search panel...

*Facepalm* Didn't think of that, duh. I'll get that up later today or tomorrow.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8: