Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Not unless I make a new thread, so the poll will be me.

SO FAR: 2 for before the Tawtute Tsam, 0 for after the Tawtute Tsam.

2 for alternitive timeline possibilitys, 0 for stick to the movie.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Thorinbur

That was Grace's English School? Wow... How could i miss that? I remembered Grace, her name, but for some reason i thought it was a guy who runned that school. I quess i was too focused on visual effects and translating what thay said that i just skipped the name as not so important. In Poland Avatar is (Thanks God!) with subtitles, so i can listen to original audio track and admire that awesome lipsync. But i am offtoping again.

Is this somehow possible to have avatar pilot that cannot talk Na'vi? We can even try first avatars expedition, i mean we would be first avatars, or second avatars expedition. Or.. You wanted to have at least 2 guys that  can speak Na'vi so maybe we can be second throw of avatar pilots. I dont know... It's hard for me to create some history, so maybe i will tell what i would like to be:
Avatars pilot, that do not speak Na'vi initialy, got only basic training like all knowledge we got about Pandora when leaving earth. Tell me if this is possible and fits to campaign.

EDIT: I got friend that really likes RP i will try to interest him with this tread. He do not want to learn Na'vi, but he really likes Avatar (he goes with me to IMAX on fridey :D) and i can translate to Na'vi for him.
We also have to wait for the rest to tell what they want and if this fits.  
oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Brainiac

My vote goes to before Tsam.

It gives us a lot more possibilities, character-wise, and you can pick classes more easily.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

3 for before, 0 for after.
3 for alternitive universe (possibly), 0 against.

Perhaps Thorinbur, but I don't think your friend would want to join, as the entire point of the RP is to teach and learn Na'Vi in an active enviroment.

And I could imagine I can cook up a crisis of some kind on Pandora that would have required RDA to send a bunch of Avatar pilots immedietly, with just the bare minimum for training.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Brainiac

I'm willing to be one of those new, inexperienced pilots. Kinda fits my role in life  ;D

Evilnerf

Is the group being sent by the RDA?  If so, how do the Samson Pilots travel to the planet? Via shuttle?

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Yes, the group are contractors from the RDA. Samson Pilots come in the same ISV as the Avatar Pilots and the Guards, along with the parts for their Samson SA-2s.

Well, get on a Character profile Lí'uyä! I do need those.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Tanhìyärina'

My vote is also before Tawtute Tsam and in an alternate universe.  We're just so much freer that way.

And whatever I play, I want to be in a Na'vi body-- so avatar pilot, probably, and if so definitely the scientist kind, because I'm pretty beginner at the language (though I'm getting better, the more I try to write in it), or Na'vi if you don't get any super-skilled Na'vi speakers.
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Coyote

So far, all the regular posters who have been active to this section have chimed in with what appears to be a general consensus...

I'll work up a character profile so we can at least begin part of the approval/disapproval process.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Evilnerf

Where is the base?  Hell's Gate?

Coyote

I assume so, if we're pre-Tsam. I think it was the only human base on planet, but if we're not constrained by the movie, we can say there were some other bases. That's up to the game master, though.

Also, here is my character profile; for which I started a character profile thread in the Info section. I hope that's okay; if not feel free to lock/delete as fit.

I'm not trying to jump the gun or take the ball & run, but I've seen stories get bogged down in so much planning minutiae that they never get started and everyone's too burned out to start!  ;D

If I need to change anything, by all means let me know, I'm flexible.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Yes, the base is Hell's Gate (the one and only base on Pandora), and for character profiles, post them on Coyote's CP thread.

And that's fine by me Coyote.  ;)

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Étienne

Author Lehrrap Uniltìranyu,
You might want to make sure people are using your characters sheet (If you care).
Easy way of doing so is to make it more legible on the first post by separating it by bold or Italicizing.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-srugs- I don't really mind if they don't use my Character Sheet. It's just a rough outline.

HOWEVER. I do mind that people arn't posting their USER NAMES on their character sheets.
Again, it makes it easyer for quick reference for plot points, so I need everyone who has already submitted a Character Profile to please go back and PUT THEIR USERNAME, AT THE TOP, ABOVE THEIR CHARACTERS NAME.
:-X

BTW: I'm not writing in Cap's lock because I'm angery, it's becaue it will catch peoples attention.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Brainiac

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Coyote

Character sheet modified as requested.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Thorinbur

Whait a sec? Who will be GM? Lahrrap? Than why he also created his character?  We got 4 or 3 charachters? We are waiting for more or start playing?

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

I think you're confused Thorinbur. This isn't like Table Top RPGs, the GM usually has a character of their own that is part of the events, though they play a much lesser role then the other characters. SO Yes, I do have a character, and he is involved, but as the Samson SA-2 pilot, his job is basicly back-up and support to the rest of the characters.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Thorinbur

GM plays all NPC's so i dont know why to single out one of them as a Game Masters character.