Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorinbur

It's not so hard, since i have no problems with understanding english. Bigger problem is to figure out how to say something i would like to say in Polish. When you type post in Role Playing you want to type something similar to what you can find in books, and because I read books in my primary language mostly than all good constructions, poetic words and comparisions i know in Polish. Sometimes it's hard to translate them to English. Understanding is much easier. With Na'vi it's oposite, because when translating to Na'vi, you have small dictionary, and some word creation rules (affixes etc.), but whan you  translate from Na'vi, esspetially spoken, you have to determine what is the base word, and how it's influenced by other elements, witch is hard without previous experience.
oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Mako

What's going on here? I have a bio ready, but I don't see anyone else who has posted one...

leli'ua tukru

This looks way too fun!  Is the Na'vi 101 still open for characters, or have you guys reached your cap?

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Send me your bios over PM, I'll inspect them and decide if we have more room or not.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Coyote

Also, Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, no need to shoulder the whole thing yourself. If you want some help I can co-mod things with you; that way we can expand membership base if we wish.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Thorinbur

Are all of us going to be in one team? I mean all avatar drivers. It would be ok, but i have a hard time reading and remembering all the characters, who they are and who the meet, talk to. I used to GM-driven games. It's hard to think of something original while a the same time not messing with other player's posts, stories and everything. I hope i didn't messed up anything in ma latest post. What is more i forgot myself and wrote it from first perspective and than rewrote it so it sometimes sound kind of streange. Forgive me while i get adjusted to new storytelling style. And I am waiting for your posts, so we could finally meet.

P.S: I hope it's not a problem that i took initiative and said what others (at least other avatar drivers) should do and didn't destroy someones plans with my post. I can always edit it.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Easy Thorinbur, you posted far too soon.

You need to wait for ALL The intro posts before you post again. Please delete your post, though I am glad you took initive and are showing intrest, everyone needs a chance to post before someone posts again. You post, everyone else gets a chance, and then we continue. Understand?

Again, I'm sorry if I come across as a bit harsh, I just like having a bit of order. It's kind of intresting hosteing the first RP on these forums.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Thorinbur

You took my karma? Damn i am -1 again... I don't know why i want an option to see who took my karma. I never said anything bad, you are the first one who points out my mistake, still i had karma taken 3 times... What the hell, and about that post i dont know who else is playing with us its a mess... i will copy my post and paste it when you will confirm all other participants already posted their intros.

Brainiac

I made the same mistake, too, and then I read this :p
So, it's fixed ;D
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Thorinbur

But your carma is positive... Just look at my posts... people are thanking me or agree with me still i am negative. Thats annoying its third time, when i just go to 0 someone downs me to -1. jellous bastards... :P

Brainiac

Quote from: Thorinbur on January 04, 2010, 06:34:31 PM
But your carma is positive... Just look at my posts... people are thanking me or agree with me still i am negative. Thats annoying its third time, when i just go to 0 someone downs me to -1. jellous bastards... :P
Maybe you shouldn't insult people? That tends to make them angry with you :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Tengfya swizaw

Keep in mind that Karma in this sense is based on how many people click a certain button because of an arbitrary feeling they have toward you, whether that feeling was merited or not. While I would like to have positive karma, I do not, and I move on. There are some who will feel good towards you, and there are some who will not. It's a numerical representative of how many people think you're cool.
Mawey, people.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Mako

Tengfya swizaw

Not necessarily, as "Na'vi" (possibly in only my opinion) applies to, well, Na'vi. Seeing as it means The People, not just "people". We are humans, of the planet Earth. They are the Na'vi of the planet-moon Pandora. Although if anyone has a differing opinion, I'd like to hear it.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Coyote

Actually, thinking about waiting for others to post, maybe people can just post when they have the time or when the creativity strikes them. It is usually pretty easy for people to join RP's in progress, and we don't want to kill momentum.

Creativity can be a fickle thing; if we wait for a schedule or a round people may lose their spark. On the other hand, someone may be watching and reading and interested, but don't quite feel that creative urge, and reading more will help get them fired up. Plus, people are in different countries and time zones and it just may not be a good time for them to get something going.

I've got a second post pretty much thought up... maybe we can forge ahead and "build up steam" so to speak? Just an idea.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Mako

I just hate I've got this bio and nowhere to go with it!

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2010, 08:17:35 PM
Actually, thinking about waiting for others to post, maybe people can just post when they have the time or when the creativity strikes them. It is usually pretty easy for people to join RP's in progress, and we don't want to kill momentum.

Creativity can be a fickle thing; if we wait for a schedule or a round people may lose their spark. On the other hand, someone may be watching and reading and interested, but don't quite feel that creative urge, and reading more will help get them fired up. Plus, people are in different countries and time zones and it just may not be a good time for them to get something going.

I've got a second post pretty much thought up... maybe we can forge ahead and "build up steam" so to speak? Just an idea.

I totally agree. Its really hard waiting for everyone to post if someone gets busy for a day or two then the story gets stale. I just posted before reading this, so I took it down, but it'd be nice to be able to move along a little faster since we all see to be really excited and full of ideas.

As long as we're conscious of the other RPers and make sure not to infringe on their character and story, continuing shouldn't be a problem.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Nume fpi sänume

I think we should just agree on a standard timeline in realtime to progress the story. If we have an active group, 2 Standard real time earth days = 1 game day, using forum time as our standard.

So: Midnight tonight forum time = beginning of the time period for the day after we all arrived at Hells Gate, then 2 days (48 hours) form midnight, the 3rd day of us at Hells Gate starts.

Just tossing out ideas, we could move faster or slower depending on need. If you cant post for a period of time your character could be sick, training, on a mission, R&R, etc. and when you can post again you can just jump back in. Keeping track of the days could be a difficult, but for that we could start a new topic, titled like "Day 2" and leave it open for that 48 hour period, let people post whatever they want, give our GM the chance to post up the general info for the day or whatever, then after that 48 hour period is up, lock the topic.

Most of us have posted posted "Day 1" which would end midnight tomorrow forum time.

Just my idea, if anyone else thinks we can make it better, or has another idea chime in :D This is a group effort and we can only make it better if we bounce around ideas.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on January 04, 2010, 08:50:34 PM
I think we should just agree on a standard timeline in realtime to progress the story. If we have an active group, 2 Standard real time earth days = 1 game day, using forum time as our standard.

So: Midnight tonight forum time = beginning of the time period for the day after we all arrived at Hells Gate, then 2 days (48 hours) form midnight, the 3rd day of us at Hells Gate starts.

Just tossing out ideas, we could move faster or slower depending on need. If you cant post for a period of time your character could be sick, training, on a mission, R&R, etc. and when you can post again you can just jump back in. Keeping track of the days could be a difficult, but for that we could start a new topic, titled like "Day 2" and leave it open for that 48 hour period, let people post whatever they want, give our GM the chance to post up the general info for the day or whatever, then after that 48 hour period is up, lock the topic.

Most of us have posted posted "Day 1" which would end midnight tomorrow forum time.

Just my idea, if anyone else thinks we can make it better, or has another idea chime in :D This is a group effort and we can only make it better if we bounce around ideas.

I think this could work, it should give people enough time to try and post each day. But what do we do about time progression in our own posts, like almost all of us wen through a few hours. I would hate for us to be limited to one time frame until another person responds...

I don't know if I'm even making sense right now, its been a long first day back from vacation XD
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Coyote

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 04, 2010, 09:03:46 PM
Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on January 04, 2010, 08:50:34 PM

I think this could work, it should give people enough time to try and post each day. But what do we do about time progression in our own posts, like almost all of us wen through a few hours. I would hate for us to be limited to one time frame until another person responds...

I don't know if I'm even making sense right now, its been a long first day back from vacation XD

It has been my experience doing RP's on other boards that a time-passage rule tends to be sort of an "informal agreement". There is always something that happens that speeds up time or slows it down (large conversations, for example). We tend to call these, jokingly, "elastic time". We play out the action normally, even if it takes a week in real-life, and then just agree to pick up where we left off or just join up with other characters and "nudge/wink" time differences (as long as they are not too great-- weeks, months). It is just so much easier than worrying about all the little nuances that get in the way of fun.  :)

VIDEO LOG DAY 8: