Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote

Quote from: Tanhìyärina' on February 05, 2010, 11:13:13 PMI'll have you know I was defending her!
I know, and I appreciate it. You're the best heroic big sis a Na'vi girl could ask for!

QuoteLet's see you write too, then.  Are we all back on the way to Vitraya Ramunong?
Not fair! I put up two today!   :'(   And: We're back on the trail.  ;D

Quote from: Sänumeyu on February 05, 2010, 11:10:23 PM
I'm here ready. But my more interesting posts are yet to come. (Training with Eanataw)

Coyote, if we aren't posting, why aren't you drawing? O_O :P

How do you know I'm not?  8) ??? ;)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Alright, hang on, hang on, don't get your banana hammocks and g-strings in knots. I'll have something posted soon :P

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Mako

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Tanhìyärina'

I posted too.  And wanted to note that I am not saying Jax's words were a reply to Tireamokri's thoughts.  Just that it was a very nice coincidence-- or was it?  ;D
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Nume fpi sänume

Hey, just to give you guys some heads up, I talked today with Lehrrap Uniltìranyu through IM, and since SoP is getting to be HUGE in posts, we both agreed that the soul transfer is going to end chronicle 1. Considering that Alex's posts alone are currently at 21,382 words (holy balls!), I figure we've hit the required 50,000 words for a "novella". I'll be doing editing and such, so don't expect it to go up for about a week, since I know all of us have small typos that need to be fixed. If I see any major changes, I'll PM the original author of the post to get their input, but I don't see much of that happening. I'm going to streamline the time line so it flows better, and probably end up fixing some hour times and such since I remember a few conflicting timelines where people were mentioned being in two places at once. I think Lehrrap Uniltìranyu said he would be starting the second chronicle thread once we finished up this one, which would help since it can make the training time jump much more do-able, just with a short prologue for the characters, then we can get right back into the meat of things. If anyone has any ideas, please post them here so we can discuss it. If you feel you want to add in more, or edit things for your character, just say so here.

Tanhìyärina'

Ah, so we'll start a new thread for Chronicle 2, and so on?

In the posts we have, some people have written Tireamokri saying things in English that she doesn't know.  "The toy ikran" is one phrase that comes to mind.  She doesn't understand much English and she speaks even less, just a couple handfuls of words.  It's not a huge issue, it doesn't happen too much, but it's not quite accurate.  (I'm glad you thought to include Tireamokri in your posts, though!)

Thanks.
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Txontaw

Kewl. I'm just disappointed that I didn't join earlier.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Nume fpi sänume

Quote from: Txontaw on February 06, 2010, 01:09:15 AM
Kewl. I'm just disappointed that I didn't join earlier.

Your doing just fine :) Chronicle two will be an excellent time for you to shine more, think of it like book two of a series, where smaller characters develop more and become more major players.

Quote from: Tanhìyärina' on February 06, 2010, 01:08:26 AM

In the posts we have, some people have written Tireamokri saying things in English that she doesn't know.  "The toy ikran" is one phrase that comes to mind.  She doesn't understand much English and she speaks even less, just a couple handfuls of words.  It's not a huge issue, it doesn't happen too much, but it's not quite accurate.  (I'm glad you thought to include Tireamokri in your posts, though!)

Thanks.

Yes, same RP, a second thread to make reading it easier, since right now 185 (probably closer to 200 when we close it) posts that are all pretty much required reading is daunting. It would also be a great entry point for people looking to join. Submit, and work your character kinks out quick so your character can be introduced! I know a few people have submitted ideas and been turned down, but dont let that discourage you, with the start of basically a "new book" in the series, I think it would be much easier to get approval right now.

I figure you have a day or so after the new thread goes up while we post our "funny things while training and such" (prologue), all of this, of course, awaiting full approval from everyone.

Brainiac

1) if this really is a novella, could someone please edit them all in a single word document? pleeeze?
2) Maybe we should have one of those happy-reunion moments? A-la LOTR ROTK, where Frodo wakes up, and everyone walks in?
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Unfortionally, I don't think this is going to be too much of a happy moment for Jax...

EDIT: Just a thought, before we finish the first chronical Alex, why don't we wait out so that everyone can comment on the ceremony first? Then I have one more post that I want to do before we send.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Mako

Alex, I can help you with that ya know. Anyway, read, liked, will get my impressions up soon.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

I think Alex has it covered Sän, but thank you for saying you would.  :)

Got the 'new' thread up. But no posting in it. Not until my say-so, mmkay?

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Mako

Righto mate. I was jus saying, a tag-team effort would be more effective.

Coyote

Quote from: Tanhìyärina' on February 06, 2010, 01:08:26 AM

In the posts we have, some people have written Tireamokri saying things in English that she doesn't know.  "The toy ikran" is one phrase that comes to mind.  She doesn't understand much English and she speaks even less, just a couple handfuls of words.  It's not a huge issue, it doesn't happen too much, but it's not quite accurate.  (I'm glad you thought to include Tireamokri in your posts, though!)

Thanks.

Yeah, that one is on me.  :-[ I forgot Tireamokri has poor English skills, and I wanted her to be involved in what was happening. I can go back and change that to another character, probably Grace, who'd be able to translate complex things quicker than anyone else.

In fact, I'll go track that down and change it right now...

[EDIT]: Done! Easy find, easy fix; since it was the first post on the top of page 12.  ;D

And yeah, I want to have Arik react to the connection with Eywa, since --like in the movie-- I'm under the impression that we all need to be "jacked in" to the Tree to guide the transfer and "call" the transferred person to their new self...
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Kind of.
It's not quite as 'jacked in' as Jax is (I just realised how close Jax's name is... weird.), but they'll probobly get a 'feeling' of Eywa.

-Excitedly waits for people to post- OH! And post #400! Whooo! Here's to 400 more!

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Nume fpi sänume

Yeah, i got no problem waiting for everyone's responses and such, I just didn't want everyone to start posting new events after this and continuing the story :P I figured we would still have more to post about before we wrapped this up, which is why I expected closer to 200 posts. I'm gonna go work on my set for tonight, if I get it finished quickly I'll start pulling posts. And Thanks for the idea Lì'uyä täftxuyu , Instead of making another 10 page thread for corrected posts, I'll just make one with a link to the document I do for this. I'll do it in RTF since I dont think everyone has MS word.

Ka'il

*Dramatic Music*

Hummm...I dunno. My Spoiler part needs something. It doesn't have the energy I wanted it to have. It needs...I dunno. Go check it out.

ANYWAY! So, we're moving onto the second part of the story?
If the colors that bind,
Were to unwind,
Would I still be safe,
Within my mind?

Mako

Just a thought, Alex: Divide it up chronologically by character, if you know what I mean. You could format chapters for each character covering their POV of the events going on in the other character's chapters, if you know what I mean. Am I making any sense?

Ka'il

If the colors that bind,
Were to unwind,
Would I still be safe,
Within my mind?