Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nume fpi sänume

I have no idea what your trying to say, so I've included this picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head, since it makes about as much sense.

Ikranä mokri

QuoteSo you ever make sense? =P

so harsh i understood a bit  ??? :P

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Ka'il

LOL Nume.

But yeah, Sanu, explain por favor. I ish confuzzled.
If the colors that bind,
Were to unwind,
Would I still be safe,
Within my mind?

Mako

I'm talking about dividing the main story up into sections, then post a chapter POV for each character, then move on to the next section and repeat.

Ninjered.

Ka'il

If the colors that bind,
Were to unwind,
Would I still be safe,
Within my mind?

Mako

So would the same story like 15 times in a row. At least this way it's divided out. Other suggestion was to do individual books for each character...

Nume fpi sänume

Its basically going to read the same way it does now, the only significant change looking to make is that im going to spread it into chapters. I'm not totally sure where chapter breaks will be yet, the only one im sure of at this point is there will be a break in it when Brokenwsword gets shot down.

Mako

Whatever goes. I can't wait to read it, and I'm tempted to just get all Chris's POV's and put them into a document.

Nume fpi sänume

Yeah, everything from Alex gets typed into Word first, edited, and then posted into the RP thread.

Coyote

I write in simple Notepad and then post, 'cause it has a small footprint in my computer's memory.

As for time & editing, I'd say set it up this way:

Go by chronological order primarily, so that things that happened from morning to noon to evening to night, etc; are in the same general area. If people posted a "catch-up" or "summary" post which said what they were doing over several hours, it may be necessary to bust up their post to coincide with the stated times. For example, Sänumeyu's first post is on page 2 and encompasses all of Day 1's activities.

As for which order to arrange things, go with the order in which we first posted and then cycle from there:

1st: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu
2nd: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä
3rd: Nume fpi sänume
4th: Lì'uyä täftxuyu
5th: Coyote
6th: Thorinbur
7th: Tanhìyärina'
8th: Sänumeyu
9th: leli'ua tukru
10th: Unil Txep
11th: Apxa Ioang
12th: Kiyoshi Tenshi

There was also Na'ring Tirea, who only made one post in an unusual, script-like format and never showed up again; he was last active on 4 February and has all of 9 posts total, so I'd say it fair to suppose he's probably not really involved anymore and his one post can be edited out.

If someone missed a cycle of time, skip them until they show up next.

And welcome back Unil Txep! We missed you!!!
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

And this is why I have Coyote as my back up.

-Side note: all posts made by Lehrrap Uniltíranyu are all made on the spot, written into the post window, except for BAP and Short Story posts.-

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Mako

Well, all I can say is that I have the entire RP that I'm involved in edited from my POV in a .rtf document on my computer. Dang that's a long sentence :P It can be viewed here: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dhftx5qk_0d96xtzgk

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Post up.

Poor Jax. We're almost finished with Storm over Pandora part I.

Edit:
"Icarus knew that he wasn't to fly too close to the sun, to the gods, or he would be struck down. But this warning from his father was lost when he felt the open sky for the first time and banked up wards, flying higher and higher. But Apollo did not take kindly to Icarus taking into his space, and so the sun heated up, melting the wax of his feathers, and Icarus fell to his death."

Jax's little rant isn't quite 100% done, but there is plenty in there so I think I'm going to save it all for another post.

Edit 2:
Weird.
Check the lyrics I'm posting here, and compare it to Jax's story a bit. It's... weird, just how creepy-close they are. If you don't know the song, you haven't been listening to music for a while, but just in case: My Chemical Romance- Welcome to the Black Parade.
When I was a young boy,
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band.

He said, "Son when you grow up,
would you be the savior of the broken,
the beaten and the damned?"
He said "Will you defeat them,
your demons, and all the non-believers,
the plans that they have made?"
"Because one day I'll leave you,
A phantom to lead you in the summer,
To join The Black Parade."

When I was a young boy,
My father took me into the city
To see a marching band.
He said, "Son when you grow up,
would you be the savior of the broken,
the beaten and the damned?"

Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me.
And other times I feel like I should go.
And through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the streets.
And when you're gone we want you all to know.

We'll carry on,
We'll carry on
And though you're dead and gone believe me
Your memory will carry on
We'll carry on
And in my heart I can't contain it
The anthem won't explain it.

A world that sends you reeling from decimated dreams
Your misery and hate will kill us all.
So paint it black and take it back
Let's shout it loud and clear
Defiant to the end we hear the call

To carry on
We'll carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches

On and on we carry through the fears
Ooh oh ohhhh
Disappointed faces of your peers
Ooh oh ohhhh
Take a look at me cause I could not care at all

Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart
Go and try, you'll never break me
We want it all, we wanna play this part
I won't explain or say I'm sorry
I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar
Give a cheer for all the broken
Listen here, because it's who we are
I'm just a man, I'm not a hero
Just a boy, who had to sing this song
I'm just a man, I'm not a hero
I! don't! care!

We'll carry on
We'll carry on
We'll carry on
And though you're broken and defeated
Your weary widow marches on

Do or die, you'll never make me
Because the world will never take my heart
Go and try, you'll never break me
We want it all, we wanna play this part (We'll carry on)

Do or die, you'll never make me (We'll carry on)
Because the world will never take my heart (We'll carry on)
Go and try, you'll never break me (We'll carry)
We want it all, we wanna play this part (We'll carry on)

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Kiyoshi Tenshi

[move]

Nume fpi sänume

Not a problem. I dont think Alex will have a post till we start the next one, and this one should be locked soon.

Mako

Post up. Funny thing is that I was shaking while I wrote that like Chris would have been. Odd.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

'nother post up.

Jax is still going to be a bit of a pissed off sadsack when he can find some time away from the Na'vi, but hes bucked up for now.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Coyote

Awesome. We're making a cool story --total round of back-patting deserved, I say.

Also, in editing the story together, feel free to take the scenes from the Sketchbook and put them in place alongside the appropriate action for a "illustrated novel" effect.  :)

[EDIT]: Also, it is interesting how much of a role music has played in this, even if it has been only lyrics re-posted, both in-character and OOC to set moods.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Brainiac

Finally! Post up.

Oscar finds his place in the crew. Or rather, he doesn't. You'll know what I mean when you read it.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Wait a minute, I have the flu so I've been out mostly. What's going on with that list?
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.