Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Yeah but our school's proxy is a OK, we'll stop there ;) I can access the forums, but PMing is annoying :-\

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Nume fpi sänume

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on February 07, 2010, 11:08:10 PM
WHAT?!? I POSTED AGAIN!?!?

THIS IS MADNESS!

I'll let you fill in the joke from the image.

Anyways, today royally sucked, so im just gonna say f*** it and go to bed.

Nume fpi sänume

Ok, so I didnt go to bed, and after some forum browsing, and some posting, I was feeling much better. Was. Now, however, ive copied all 14 pages of our RP into Word, and im ready to kill myself. Its all be converted into size 11 font, Times New Roman script, and its 302 pages long, with 137,081 Words. I'm thinking that between condensing multiple viewpoints, cutting out spaces that aren't necessary, collapsing multiple times into one block, and chaptering it all out, we'll be around 250 pages, with ~ 100,000 words. Congrats guys, this is one hell of a story, however, im gonna reevaluate my original "1 week of work" stance, and say "TBD", but I will be working on it EVERY NIGHT. I would offer to split it up, though I know there are a multitude of posts that need to be moved into time, and some posts that will be moved into another chapter many pages in the word document before or after they were originally posted to fit the chapter idea I have. As it stands right now, the core human group will all be introdced, and go through the first day in Chapter 1, it will be monstrously long, probably 10-15 word document pages, and then in chapter 2 I will bring in the original Na'vi cast, or something along those lines. All other late joining characters will be introduced in the beginning of the chapter they are introduced in. I have the basic format in my head, im just not conveying the idea all that well here. Anyways, I now need to go to sleep.

Oh, and 1234 posts :P Thats awesome.

Ka'il

O.O

Dang.

Well, good luck in that endeavor. After all's said and done, we should make a book out of this roleplay. =P

And 28 posts. Gawd, I'm such a noob. *Facepalm*
If the colors that bind,
Were to unwind,
Would I still be safe,
Within my mind?

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

1234 posts?

Bah. I was aiming for 1337.

Anyway, keep it up Nume, everyone knows you kick ass.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Coyote

Quote from: Apxa Ioang on February 08, 2010, 05:34:34 AMAfter all's said and done, we should make a book out of this roleplay. =P
Yeah, I was thinking it should dominate the Fanfiction section, with all of us as authors.  8)

QuoteAnd 28 posts. Gawd, I'm such a noob. *Facepalm*
Eh, I gave you karma for sticking with us.  ;)
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: Coyote on February 08, 2010, 07:18:40 AM
Quote from: Apxa Ioang on February 08, 2010, 05:34:34 AMAfter all's said and done, we should make a book out of this roleplay. =P
Yeah, I was thinking it should dominate the Fanfiction section, with all of us as authors.  8)

Yeahhhhh. Lets wait on that particular endevor for when we acually FINISH the Rp, hmmmm?

There is much more writing to be done and many many MANY plotlines still had to be followed.

On a side thought: If we dominate the Fanfiction section with it, I'll still reign as the Fanfiction king of Learnnavi.
Nother side thought: If we count RP as Fanfiction, I created and wrote the origional idea for the most read co-written fiction on Learnnavi.org

... All hail to the king, baby.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Ikranä mokri

wooo my first ever post in this roleplay up!

i hope it was in keeping with all the others if not tell me as im new and ill edit XD

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Mako

Hey, we're moving the link site, right? Or is it staying where it is atm?

EDIT: NVM. Leaving where it is for now.

Coyote

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on February 08, 2010, 07:22:46 AM
Quote from: Coyote on February 08, 2010, 07:18:40 AM

Yeahhhhh. Lets wait on that particular endevor for when we acually FINISH the Rp, hmmmm?

There is much more writing to be done and many many MANY plotlines still had to be followed.
We definitely are wrapping on Volume 1 of the Storm Over Pandora Chronicles. And looking back, I feel it moved fast.

QuoteOn a side thought: If we dominate the Fanfiction section with it, I'll still reign as the Fanfiction king of Learnnavi.
Nother side thought: If we count RP as Fanfiction, I created and wrote the origional idea for the most read co-written fiction on Learnnavi.org

... All hail to the king, baby.

Whhhooah, there, Kemo Sabe!  ;D This is definitely a group effort. Remove any one and the whole is diminished, as I see it. But it is your original idea, and that is definitely worth some karma.  8) *bling!*

Actually, we've worked well together, as a whole group and the two of us as GMs. It seems you come up with the big picture plan; I fill in the details, and everyone who is writing along is providing good quality work. I'm not just saying that for a round of back-pats, either. I mean it when I say that this would be the lesser if any one were removed. Even short posts, with characters like Mil'Ani and Damien (to pick a couple at random) add depth that would be missing otherwise.

Looking forward the Volume II, very eagerly.

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranäwooo my first ever post in this roleplay up!
Welcome aboard!

[EDIT]: Hope folks don't mind, I've been itching to put that deleted scene in for some time. It needed to be out there, and it fit well with Na'ama's breakdown and Arik's obvious attachments... plus I felt that Grace was becoming a little too out of focus in all this. 

We need to remember that the RDA may be setting up an ambush outside the vortex, and/or at least be watching the area. We should come out somewhere else...
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Txontaw

[EDIT]: Hope folks don't mind, I've been itching to put that deleted scene in for some time. It needed to be out there, and it fit well with Na'ama's breakdown and Arik's obvious attachments... plus I felt that Grace was becoming a little too out of focus in all this.

We need to remember that the RDA may be setting up an ambush outside the vortex, and/or at least be watching the area. We should come out somewhere else...

Only problem... isn't this based around two years before the events of Avatar? And at the beginning, the school was active. So the deleted scene never happened...
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Coyote

Quote from: Txontaw on February 08, 2010, 02:29:17 PMOnly problem... isn't this based around two years before the events of Avatar? And at the beginning, the school was active. So the deleted scene never happened...

We're dealing with an alternate timeline-- so far the school has been factored in only as a building that is not in use much (it hasn't been mentioned except as a location, with a minimum of activity). Neyteri's sister (with whom Grace had a relationship) is conspicuously absent, and the Na'vi start out with a very unfavorable opinion of the humans and Avatars in general... in general it seems as if we've been playing along as if that had, indeed, happened at some unspecified point in the past...

However, it can be edited one way or another. It seems to fit the 'mood' so far. Maybe because I wrote it while "The Destruction of Hometree" was playing in the background...  :-\

[EDIT]: I sent a note to Thorinbur to see if he still wants to be involved. If not, one thing we could do is take out 'inactives' (Ralph, Esme) and just put them up at the remote site to hang out and play cards, being guards while the rest of the characters are jacked into drivepods. Solves a plot hole while keeping people potentially available if they come back, etc.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Txontaw

That still doesn't make sense...

The timeline is, if I remember correctly;

-The avatar drivers go to the school (which is still functioning)

-Childs betrays everybody, and Brokensword gets asploded

-All the other stuff happens

-You say that Neytìri's sister got shot.

It just doesn't all fit together.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Coyote

Like I said, it can be edited. But while we visited the school, the mood I got from the posts was that it was only partially active; ie, not a regular thing and that our visit was unusual. It seemed to me that, in-character, Grace was trying to use our visit to kick-start the school back into action, maybe. We never really did flesh it out that much, and we probably should have.

The status of the school was never pivotal to this story; however, we've been pretty much taking the mood as presented in the movie (Grace is bitter; the Na'vi are confrontational and PO'd; the Security has been brutal to the Na'vi in unspecified ways, etc) and running with it. It is also worth remembering that if the school was up and active and running on a regular basis, and Grace would be expected to be there, the RDA (under Childs's orders) would have already sacked it and we'd already have a direct conflict between the Omatikaya and RDA. As it is we've been able to hide among the Omatikaya for at least a few days because the school is 'inactive' and we're not expected to be there since the Omatikaya have suposedly become unfriendly, from their perspective.

And we haven't had Neyteri's sister, Sylwanin, involved, which would be unusual considering the ties between her and Grace.

--But again, we could say that Grace has been out of sight a lot because she was with Sylwanin most of the time.

Because we haven't specified a lot of things, or set certain events in concrete, we have a bit of wiggle room with timelines and events. I've been going on the assumption that the school attack already happened, and story flow so far seems to me to have gone along with that. But if we want to alter that and say it hasn't happened yet, then like I said it can be edited.

In the long run, the decision will be Lehrrap's, but if anyone else would like to offer an opinion it should be taken into consideration...

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Acually...

I kind of like the way that Coyote set that up. I can see how it would fit.

Remember, the 'events' of the deleted scenes happened YEARS before Jake came to Pandora. So perhaps its a more recent event, pehaps only two years before we showed up, and Grace was able to persuade Selfrige to let her get the school up and running again perhaps a year before then.

Grace was able to persuade the Na'vi that it would be ok, and warns them to be on guard, which is why there were so many warriors close by to the school and why only one SA-2 transport could land by the school.

All of this became possible because a large group of new Avatar Drivers and a new pilot that was assigned to flight-duty for the 'eggheads' is coming in the next transport (in about one year-ish) and Selfrige gives in, because Na'vi dieing = bad press but Graces School = Good press.

And that's my thoughts on that.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Ikranä mokri

reading it through it does work so i agree with lehrrap

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

POST UP! Weee! It's nice to be consistent!

Now if only it would help me get over my writers block in BAP...

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Coyote

I usually do one of two things to loosen up my creativity-- something involving scotch, or something involving caffiene, and lots of it. "zzzziiinnnggg-----!"  ;D :o

One or the other usually kicks things loose.  ;)

Try the triple espresso option.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------