Storm over Pandora ((OOC chat. We got a new name!))

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, December 31, 2009, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanhìyärina'

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2010, 09:13:44 PM
It has been my experience doing RP's on other boards that a time-passage rule tends to be sort of an "informal agreement". There is always something that happens that speeds up time or slows it down (large conversations, for example). We tend to call these, jokingly, "elastic time". We play out the action normally, even if it takes a week in real-life, and then just agree to pick up where we left off or just join up with other characters and "nudge/wink" time differences (as long as they are not too great-- weeks, months). It is just so much easier than worrying about all the little nuances that get in the way of fun.  :)

I like this idea best.  I will not have time to post every day, and I don't want to be the one holding up the game.  I think we'll all be in the situation sometime where we can't post-- illness, vacation, outside obligations-- and this just feels like the easiest and most natural solution.

I also think we should try to let other people post before we post again-- someone else will probably be able to post within a reasonable time, so we can try to avoid double posts.

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 04, 2010, 09:03:46 PM
I don't know if I'm even making sense right now, its been a long first day back from vacation XD

Also?  This.  Me too.  Very much.  :)
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Hawnu UnilTxep

Any way I can join in on this?
This seems like a grand idea.  I will lend my writing skills and my awful Na'vi to progress the threads and schooling ^^

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: Tanhìyärina' on January 04, 2010, 09:31:35 PM
I also think we should try to let other people post before we post again-- someone else will probably be able to post within a reasonable time, so we can try to avoid double posts.

I like this idea, its the simplest and most user friendly. Honestly, I can barely tell time as it is, trying to keep track of time on the forum is going to confuse me very quickly. As long as we wait for another few people to post, then we should be fine to continue. And as long as we make sure to label our posts with time and location, it doesn't seem impossible for a few people to be stuck in some long winded conversation (at the base for example) while other people are running around doing something else a bit forward in time (the Na'vi for example). Plus we'll want to be able to post back and forth between a small group when interactions really begin (like when the Na'vi and the humans first meet). So in that situation shorter posts that lend to moving and keeping the action going would probably be easier than these massive single person posts.

Not one liners though, those are just annoying.

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 04, 2010, 09:03:46 PM
I don't know if I'm even making sense right now, its been a long first day back from vacation XD

Also?  This.  Me too.  Very much.  :)
[/quote]

Somehow the easiest day always seems the most exhausting. Because everyone knows that going over a syllabus is tedious work.
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Mako

Ok, I'm definitely new to RP. Can someone explain rutxe?

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Well, see, my problem is that my time is very much being used in crazy ways right now, which is why I want to be able to have everyone get a chance to post before we move onwards, because I figure that there are plenty more like me who have a hetic time plan right now.

Ugh. You know what? Screw the Rules, I got Ikran.

Skxawng... alright. Freeposting is allowed. Just please... don't powergame, ok? No controlling other people's charactrers without promission, no killing other peoples characters without promission, and no godmode, or else.

If you don't know what those are, ask me later.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Mako

Brainiac

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:
Our characters seem to have a similar way of getting up in the morning  ;)
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 05, 2010, 08:01:55 AM
Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:

Annnddd... headbutt to the ceiling! -KO-

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:

I didn't even notice that, haha.

Good to know they'll be kindred spirits then ;)
Avatar is a movie about a guy with blue balls running through the forest chasing tail.

Coyote

I'd be of the opinion that as many people as would want can join in; an equilibrium will be struck soon.

As mentioned, I'm perfectly happy helping out or negotiating any conflicts that might arise, etc.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Brainiac

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 09:46:51 AM
Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:

I have the feeling they'll be so alike, they're going to have a lot of fights. And we should have those, in character, on Skype  ;D

Coyote

Why limit it so Skype? That's good role playing, there; that's juicy story bits! It'd be a shame to lose that. Post 'em here. Conflict is the lifeblood of drama!
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Brainiac

Quote from: Coyote on January 05, 2010, 11:32:01 AM
Why limit it so Skype? That's good role playing, there; that's juicy story bits! It'd be a shame to lose that. Post 'em here. Conflict is the lifeblood of drama!
Because having a conversation in posts is looooooong? We have the convo in skype, and post it here :)

Coyote

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 05, 2010, 11:49:06 AM
Because having a conversation in posts is looooooong? We have the convo in skype, and post it here :)

Yeah, that's what I mean, sorry I didn't clarify. Edit & post the abridged version here so we can all enjoy!  ;D

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Brainiac

Quote from: Coyote on January 05, 2010, 12:42:47 PM

Yeah, that's what I mean, sorry I didn't clarify. Edit & post the abridged version here so we can all enjoy!  ;D
That'll have to come later. As far as I know, she's not even on skype yet.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 05, 2010, 12:43:32 PM

Or any other IM or IRC. That would work as well.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Brainiac

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on January 05, 2010, 12:57:51 PM
Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 05, 2010, 12:43:32 PM

Yeah, that's what I mean, sorry I didn't clarify. Edit & post the abridged version here so we can all enjoy!  ;D
Or any other IM or IRC. That would work as well.

I'm only on skype.

Thorinbur

Quote from: Tengfya swizaw on January 04, 2010, 06:45:35 PM
Keep in mind that Karma in this sense is based on how many people click a certain button because of an arbitrary feeling they have toward you, whether that feeling was merited or not. While I would like to have positive karma, I do not, and I move on. There are some who will feel good towards you, and there are some who will not. It's a numerical representative of how many people think you're cool.
Mawey, people.

Ok i know, but if I would for example want to join some clan i need to have positive karma, and i just get angry. I was not aquseing noone of lowering it, that was just simple question, still i was angry and rest of my post was well... Ok I admit I over reacted, i usualy don't give a s*** about someone liking me or not, but since it was destroying my plans... Ok never mind. Topic closed. You guys helped poor unliked kid (20 yo kid...) :P .

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2010, 08:17:35 PM
[...]Plus, people are in different countries and time zones and it just may not be a good time for them to get something going.

I am CET (UTC+1) so i am 6 hours in front of New York, that means that when you guys are posting i am sleeping. There is no way for me to be here when you are so i am duying to post something, and when i accualy can you all already posted something and everything i can do is read this and try to fit to your stories. It is already hard for me to think of something interesting in English, and it is extreamly difficult to write something, that will fot to other stories, be well build, intereting and original.

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on January 05, 2010, 12:23:22 AM
Well, see, my problem is that my time is very much being used in crazy ways right now, which is why I want to be able to have everyone get a chance to post before we move onwards, because I figure that there are plenty more like me who have a hetic time plan right now.

Ugh. You know what? Screw the Rules, I got Ikran.

Skxawng... alright. Freeposting is allowed. Just please... don't powergame, ok? No controlling other people's charactrers without promission, no killing other peoples characters without promission, and no godmode, or else.

If you don't know what those are, ask me later.

Aye aye sir!

It is much better then nervously refreshing page whaiting for others. We are serious people here and there is no need for strict rules. We just have to remember not to do anything stupid and we should be ok. And there is always GM. You can stop someone from doing something and even reverse their actions. That what GM does.
oel kame futa oel kekame ke'u

Sngä'i Tìrey-yä

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 05, 2010, 11:23:27 AM
Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:

I have the feeling they'll be so alike, they're going to have a lot of fights. And we should have those, in character, on Skype  ;D

Sounds great! My skype is bri_zen so go ahead and add me if you'd like~ I'm on pretty much whenever I'm not in class or at work so its never really a bad time for me. I'd really like to get some dialogue going, so skype me when you can :)

Brainiac

Quote from: Sngä'i Tìrey-yä on January 05, 2010, 03:15:11 PM
Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on January 05, 2010, 11:23:27 AM
Sngä'i Tìrey-yä:

Sounds great! My skype is bri_zen so go ahead and add me if you'd like~ I'm on pretty much whenever I'm not in class or at work so its never really a bad time for me. I'd really like to get some dialogue going, so skype me when you can :)
Done and done :D