Pandora MU*?

Started by pixel, January 03, 2010, 03:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixel

Kaltxì ma smuktu,

The idea of a Avatar/Pandora/Na'vi themed MUSH got me to learnnavi.org in the first place.  I'd love to know if there is any other interest.

I was thinking PennMUSH, roleplay based, but would love to hear other ideas.  :D
PandoraMUSH is looking for Staffers! Check us out @ pandoramush.net
skype: thecatwasnot (Pixel)  |  irc: pixel (irc.learnnavi.org:6667)

Tirealì'u

I'll help.

I've been thinking exactly this since I watched the film, and I figured it was bound to happen eventually. I enjoy MU*s, and I've really gotten into MUSH's over the last year. Spent a fair bit of time in Star Wars MUSH: New Worlds, and I'm currently idling in Otherspace.

... But, I'd love a little text-based slice of Pandora. ;-)

Tanhìyärina'

Ah, here's the MU* thread.  I'd love to play.  I've played a couple smaller MUDs (one is closer to a MUSH, really) for... oh, lots of years now.  And as long as the RP is well done, I'm in for a Pandora one as well.

I'm on Mirrors of the Wheel and Dark Isles.

I'd offer to help, but I don't really know how to code, though I could build, maybe.  If I can find the time.
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

pixel

I'm pondering and puttering at the moment, have #Na'viMUSH on irc.learnnavi.org for the time being, until I decided how I want this thing hosted.

I will admit, I have played but never run a MUSH before.  I'm willing to learn and try, but just for honesty's sake, I'm no experienced god ;)

spoonyspork

Heya, I was just doing a google search to see if the name 'PandoraMUSH' is already taken, and found this place. I already have a basic MU* set up (saw it and went home that night and started throwing ideas together). It's using the TinyMUSH 3.x server. If anyone is interested, let me know... though it won't be finished for some time. I've got design, coding, and admin experience myself (though it's been several years), and a couple people digging and describing the rooms. We've been tossing ideas around, such as using as much as the Na'vi language as possible (eventually having areas where you're as completely immersed in the language as current knowledge of said language is possible), whether we'd want JUST Pandorians or have humans/avatar pilots (thoughts right now are to start out with just Na'vi and add the Earth element later), etc.

My first experiment is going to be making popping fan lizards. This should be fun :D

pixel

Hey spoonyspork,
I didn't see anyone else working on anything so I went ahead and bought pandoramush.net, have a wiki going and a TinyMUX server setup (Still being actively developed/supported.)  I don't know how much you have done, I'm just getting running but would love to have help.  Have been uploading some SGP code and am about to open up to Staffers.  You can get me at pandoramush at gmail dot com

Let me know.

spoonyspork

Oh, I've got navimu.net... saw you were working on one so opted not to get the pandoramush name (it was still available at the time)... I've never worked with TinyMUX, though I understand TinyMUSH 3 is a meld of TinyMUSH 2.x and TinyMUX (and TinyMUX is itself a fork of TinyMUSH... lol).

I'm guessing we'll end up with two entirely different MU*s, though sharing code would be a Good Thing, if you're ok with that. :D

Have you played any of the PernMU*s? I was going to put out the word that I need a DTU/Dragon Object to tweak for use there... would probably be good for you as well :)

pixel

My guess is they'll be pretty different, and that's cool. 
Yeah, TinyMUX is like a fork of a fork or something. It's close enough to the MUSH servers to get along but it does have a bit more support for the extra characters (ì and ä) out of the box. I kinda passed over TinyMUSH (which is my favorite) because it didn't seem like that was available, was I wrong?

I played PernMUSH waaaay (waaaaaaaay) back in the day.  That's just what I was thinking, adapting the Dragon objects.  I just realized how many vehicle type objects I might need: Ikran, pa'li, AMP suits, avatars, some ships O.O *works faster*