Rise of the Covenant (OOC Thread)

Started by Mako, July 14, 2010, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka'il

Lulz

I'd like to just point out that, if we were true-to-canon, Harvest is a six-week jump from the nearest colony.

So, were we true-to-canon, you guys would be SOL. =P
If the colors that bind,
Were to unwind,
Would I still be safe,
Within my mind?

Mako

Perhaps you could be in-system somewhere else already, near one of the neighboring planets or something.

Eaite Randjam

At first I was trying to be as canonical as possible, but then I realized I was correcting too often and probably making a butt of myself  :P

Mako

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Mako

I'm sorry, Duma mate, but you overstepped your boundaries there. And while I won't make you change your post (nor do I want you to) I wanted to warn you that I'm going to use it (as you betrayed yourself) for the benifit of the story.

EDIT: Now that that post is up, if you need an explanation as to why I flipped like I did, then I'm willing to explain myself. Understand that I'm not mad at you, not in the least, but you almost broke the RP and Halo canon as we know it. There are 3 main reasons why.

1. No one, Spartan or not, has ever been captured by the Covenant and spared. Thankfully you provided me with a way to remedy that situation.

2. Never (and this goes for most RPs) make your situation exclusive. It generally makes your character boring or annoying for the other members, and can stop the RP in it's tracks.

3. Though I don't expect you to know what I constitute as a major plot change, this does comply with my ideas of that, so I would have liked it if you had've cleared this up with me before you posted. Now you know and I thoroughly believe that you won't do it again.

So are we cool? You understand?

for your f***ing information, I had a plan to overlap all of the cr*p you just pulled on me!! you dont think I read canon?? I am thourlly pissed off!! >:(

(tries to calm himself. sorta fails) New rule. no one controles Paruto because hes my character and you better f***ing ask next time!  >:((Tries again) ....look the hole point of the short allignence was to show why they never took human prisoners. and im sorry i gave things away, but it felt wrong to leave you guys in the dark but aparently its a good thing. and yes i will covey (talk) to you if i plan to do something like that again. besides, Paruto is more kind and forgivving then i have let the posts show. Now im going to have to get myself out of the hell hole you've created for me.

and i would like an explanation on why you flipped. now my patience is thin for the moment so try to tell me how i can make the situation work and follow canon as well.

plus dont you realize the prophets are planning to do to me the same thing they did in halo: the cole protical? I was never intending for me to stay with the aliens for long, both in my thinking and the covenant thinking.

Eaite Randjam

Alright people...  Do we need to shut down this roleplay completely or what?  The entire point of roleplay is to have fun and play nice.  C'mon folks.

Mako

See my previous post for my explanation. Easy way to contact me about story stuff is PMs here, [email protected] on MSN or Skipp_587 on Twitter. Sorry for the big confuzzlement.

EDIT: Always, always talk to me before posting if you can. Plus I can help you with grammar if you want.

EDITT: And I have to give it to you, you did manage to counter pretty well. Though Cole's going to have your hide. And are you fine with the 1 hour time limit that Cole instigated? If need be, I can help you work around that.

Eaite Randjam

Okay, so since civility went out the window for a day, we need to establish a few rules of engagement.  I propose these rules to the general consensus.

1.  Characters are property of their creators and no-one elses.  Unless they are announced as fodder, you should get permission from the creator to control their character. 

2.  Use the OoC thread for OoC stuff!  Things like Major Plot discussion, notes about new posts, requests postponing to allow time to write, etc.

3.  Everyone is guilty of this occasionally:  spelling!  Run your post through spell-check before submitting!  It takes 2 minutes!

4.  For Eywa sake play nice.  Enjoy the game.  Stuff that you don't like might happen, but that's what roleplay is all about:  Action and Reaction.

Once again, these are proposed rules.

QuoteAnd I have to give it to you, you did manage to counter pretty well. Though Cole's going to have your hide.

thank you. u actually deal better with people's post then Zelenal's way of dealing with it. I appreciate that. I do have a plan to get me out of the Covenant permanently, but its only going to happen when cole goes for famous attack of his within a month, which isn't now.

and yes I know Coles going to have my hide, probably going to get myself chewed out a little, but i plan on telling him the truth about me joining the covenant. I'm hoping he will take it as a brilliant strategy, being a double agent on both sides and all that.

QuoteAnd are you fine with the 1 hour time limit that Cole instigated? If need be, I can help you work around that.

I wanted a bit more time, like two hours at least so Paruto could get me settled in. I was going to have a small part where they talk about Duma's decision in the Phantom, then greeting Paruto's crue, them get a hot shower, (Do they even bath??? Is there such a thing as a shower to the Covenant???) before telling Paruto that it would be best if he returned to the human fleet to explain the situation (while keeping from the elite that hes going to tell them that he joined when Paruto still thinks hes keeping his cover for the Covenant side and hopefully get good Intel from the human ship.). I have a interesting way of  getting aboard too. You know that part where spartan ll George floats from the saber to the pelican in the space fight? same idea, although it would do a longer travel distance. but i might not, considering i will need a covie ride back.

and thanks for the new rules Fasu i like and agree to them.

Mako

Alright. I can help you work around that, just let me know.

Mako

Eaite Randjam

I know I didn't put my post into Covenant form.  I am tired.   :P

Eaite Randjam

Can we get some facts straight for a moment?  When I introduced the Joyous Clarity it was introduced as a Battleship.  However, during the course of this roleplay it has become referred to as a Destroyer.  Here's my question:  In what little Canon we have after the events of "Contact Harvest" and before the game "Halo Wars" there's a Covenant Battleship that gets destroyed under combined fire of several UNSC ships (after taking out several other UNSC ships).  Do we want to change the Joyous Clarity's classification, or let her keep her date with destiny?

Mako

Keep it a battleship, for the sake of events to come. Also, Duma, you introduce Tako as Paruto's uncle, yet refer to Paruto as his grandson. It should be nephew.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Sä'nek on November 11, 2010, 07:22:28 AM
Keep it a battleship, for the sake of events to come. Also, Duma, you introduce Tako as Paruto's uncle, yet refer to Paruto as his grandson. It should be nephew.
Aye, I read it and was going... "Wait... grandson?"  :D

Also, I'm working out a spreadsheet to list Unit-Hours for the next 24 hours.

(dismisses with wave of hand) minor mistakes. I'll fix it.