Search for the next FIRST VOICE of Pandora (OOC Thread)

Started by Niawve Mokri, March 28, 2010, 01:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txantslusam Skxawng

I think I get
1st person is what you litterly(sp) say
and 3rd person you describe like you are talking about someone else.... ( this might be wrong? )
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

ShadowMainZERO

Basically.

There are four defernt types of writting styles:
1st Person: Very common. The story is told from one characters point of view. If it isn't speach then its thought.
2nd Person: Common in interactive fiction. You are the character. The less information given about you the better.
3rd Person Omnious: Like a movie. There is an all seeing eye that watches whatever you want. Common in RPs.
3rd Person: The story is told through someones point of view like 1st Person but said person isn't important to the plot and probably wont even interact with the main characters. I have never seen this type done before. I only read about it.

Those four types will be covered in depth in the RP School.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Txantslusam Skxawng

I will do my best not to fail that in the RP school!
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

ShadowMainZERO

After doing a bit of research I have descovered that the second type of 3rd Person isn't even listed. Although, the show Mystery Science Theater 3000 did use something similar. Characters like C3PO from Star Wars also count sense they comment on the action without ever really participating.

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Niwantaw

i have written a short story in that format before
Only mostly AWOL.

ShadowMainZERO

Really? That must have been interesting. Do you still have it?

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Niawve Mokri

Quote from: Zelenal on April 09, 2010, 12:06:13 PM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on April 09, 2010, 12:03:16 PM
This conversation were we are at isnt going smoothly(sp?) , maybe we hear the RDA searching for us and all of the Na'vi character return again, Zelenal and I are back with the team and try to figure out how we can meet with them again? Cuz this is taking kinda long

We could do that or go to the Na'vi village. Let's put it to a vote.

We Go to the Village: 2
We Split up and Meet Later: 0

I say we go to the village.

Niwantaw

i vote you go to the village and think you see a tawtute face but then dismiss it as your imagination

heh heh heh

then evil plan can begin.
Only mostly AWOL.

ShadowMainZERO

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 10, 2010, 06:13:26 AM
i vote you go to the village and think you see a tawtute face but then dismiss it as your imagination

heh heh heh

then evil plan can begin.

I'll do that. It would lead to some drama with the Na'vi but Zelenal's hesitation a going could save us from death.

Niawve Mokri

ShadowMainZERO

Funny how that works. I threw in his hesitation so he could be a voice of reason, sort of. Yet, thanks to TawAk, it becomes important.

Niawve Mokri

Yea. And I don't want him to kill my mother especially.

ShadowMainZERO

Don't worry about that. He'll either have to Ninja her or kill Zelenal first.

Niawve Mokri

Ninja her? And please...dont let Zelenal die either.

ShadowMainZERO

Yeah, come out of no where and strike from behind. Like a ninja.

Once again, don't worry. Zelenal is a PC. You would have to god mod to kill him.

Niawve Mokri

Quote from: Zelenal on April 10, 2010, 05:38:41 PM
Yeah, come out of no where and strike from behind. Like a ninja.

Once again, don't worry. Zelenal is a PC. You would have to god mod to kill him.

How about he tries to strike her and then I come out and I sacrifice myself and he strikes me but I don't really die.

ShadowMainZERO

I never said he had to try to kill her. It all depends on TawAk does.

Niawve Mokri

Oh, my bad. I missunderstood. You are right. It all depends.

ShadowMainZERO

Zelenal's Theme: Jim's Big Ego - Stress

Look it up on YouTube. It's awesome and almost my personal theme.