(OOC Thread) Storm over Pandora - In Eywa's Shadow

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, February 09, 2010, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on May 16, 2010, 10:04:53 PM
Alright Txontaw. You're welcome back at any time, ok? We hope to see you again soon.

Yeah, hopefully I'll be checking in once in a while; I want to make occasional updates to Joy. I like her character. :)

And I'll try to keep up with the reading. I have to catch up quite a bit though. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Coyote

And now our very own Hawnu UnilTxep is Na'vi of the Week!

See how we totally ninja'd this category? Tanhiyarina->Coyote->Hawnu UnilTxep!? We R t3h aw3somz0rz.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Mako

There's something wrong here, but I can't place my finger on it.

Niwantaw

Quote from: Sä'nek on May 18, 2010, 04:26:18 PM
There's something wrong here, but I can't place my finger on it.
*appears offering advice*
"Move it a little to the left... right... there"
*vanishes*
Only mostly AWOL.

Mako

Coyote

Whenever I get that feeling that there's something not quite right, I go to the fridge and check to see if I have a good stock of beer.

That's usually the answer right there.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Tanhìyärina'

Quote from: Coyote on May 18, 2010, 04:34:11 PM
Whenever I get that feeling that there's something not quite right, I go to the fridge and check to see if I have a good stock of beer.

That's usually the answer right there.

Is it the answer if you have a good stock of beer, or if you're out of beer?

Meanwhile, I posted!
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

No the answer is that good drink can solve any problem.

In any case, trying to get Coyote to chat so we can work on a post and get this thing moving.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Tanhìyärina'

Ah.  I saw two options: the first, that if something feels wrong and you go to the fridge and see no beer, you've either drank it all (and feel off as a result) or the thing that is wrong is that you are out of beer.  The second was that if something feels wrong and you go to the fridge and see a good stock of beer, what's wrong is you haven't been drinking enough of it because you still have a good stock left.

...I think I need sleep.  Or maybe a beer.  ;)

Brainiac

Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Coyote

Quote from: Tanhìyärina' on May 18, 2010, 10:35:09 PM
Ah.  I saw two options: the first, that if something feels wrong and you go to the fridge and see no beer, you've either drank it all (and feel off as a result)
That's not it.

Quote...or the thing that is wrong is that you are out of beer.  The second was that if something feels wrong and you go to the fridge and see a good stock of beer, what's wrong is you haven't been drinking enough of it because you still have a good stock left.
There we go!  :D

Quote...I think I need sleep.  Or maybe a beer.  ;)

There was some tale I heard... a little anecdote of mild amusement; let's see if I can recall it correctly.

A Psychology Professor was lecturing his class and they were discussing the various elements that made up one's life. He demonstrated by taking out a large glass jar. In it he put a couple of large rocks.

"The glass jar represents your life," he said, "and the two large rocks represent the major factors that take up your attention in your life. One will be your family, the other will be your time at school, or later, a career."

He then put in a bunch of smaller rocks, which nestled into place around th ebig rocks.

"These smaller rocks are the smaller, but still important, things in your life," he said. "They are your friends, people you work with, or an exam you have to study for... anything that demands your attention but doesn't take full control of your life," he said.

He then filled the jar with small pebbles, which found places throughout the jar around the rocks.

"These are small, daily or weekly things that come and go," he said, "the TV shows you want to make sure to watch, or a movie to see, maybe a date you're planning for the weekend."

Then, he poured sand into the jar, which nearly filled it up.

"The sand is thousands of small, immediate things that command your attention for moments. Traveling to class, eating lunch, dropping off the mail... they are forgotten almost as soon as you are done with them."

He then pulled out a bottle of beer, opened it up, and poured the liquid completely into the jar, soaking into the sand and filling the gaps between the rocks and pebbles.

"And this goes to show you that, despite everything, there is always room for a beer."

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Yeah, that about sums up life. -drinking rootbeer-

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Tanhìyärina'

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on May 19, 2010, 11:54:36 AM

Oh, that's right.  We've got some young'uns here. 

I hope you're drinking a good root beer.  A local one, or at least a microbrew.  In a frosty mug. 

Ikranä mokri

i wish i had an ice cold Carlsberg to help me through this damn As level revision :(

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Coyote

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

El Jacko

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on May 19, 2010, 11:54:36 AM

Mind filling in a foreigner on what the hell rootbeer is?
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Tanhìyärina'

Root beer is a carbonated drink that looks like beer but isn't.  It's actually a root tea, originally made from sassafras.  It has a sweeter taste-- though some microbrews are spicier-- and is phenomenal in a frosty mug with a scoop or two of ice cream: the root beer float.  It kind of crystallizes on the ice cream a little and is so tasty.

Wikipedia says in Australia, it's often called sarsaparilla.  I can't vouch for that.  I also can't vouch for the origin story I heard, which is that it was originally made in the American West and was called "root beer" instead of "root tea" because otherwise the manly men out there wouldn't drink it.

El Jacko

I'll stick to my favourite ol' sludge, thanks.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Coyote

Okay, got us up to speed on our renegades; gave a bit of insight into what we'll use as our new base.

In the next 24-48 hours I should have episodes that take us back to Kelutral, and then with a focus on Hell's Gate. I'll get with Lehrrap on Jax's encounter with Nef'Tys, too.

Once we get started on the road to the Sengtsil, do we want to start a new chapter?

(even though the Na'vi don't use "roads" it is just a figure of speech....)

EDIT: just finished a collaboration with Lehrrap. Will post tomorrow! (stuff with Nef'Tys!)

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

I personaly like A&W when it comes to rootbeer.

And yay for getting work done!

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------