Storm Over Pandora - Those Left Behind (OOC THREAD)

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, July 01, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brainiac

Quote from: Coyote on August 07, 2010, 07:31:09 AM
Seems we've all hit a rut of bad luck.

My workplace came down hard on unauthorized internet use, and at one point I even got hauled in for what they called a "counseling" which actually turned out to be three levels of my chain of command yelling at me and threatening me with immediate firing. While my "unofficial" internet use at work is high compared to some others, the real problem is that I have a supervisor who is not competent to be in charge of people and doesn't like me-- so she uses my being on the net as a lever to take a swipe at me.

Anyhow, long story short the way it was handled was very bad, and the last two weeks have been a tense standoff between various levels of HR and our Union getting involved on my behalf. Finally, I got an apology about the unprofessional conduct, but, I still have to stay off the unofficial websites while at work. Hence my recent silence.

This weekend's Army Reserves for me, so I am not able to do much to get caught up now, but I'll get something in at some point.
Good luck.
All the best.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Coyote

Well, I am working on a post, it's just coming along in brief moments of spare time so it'll be awhile. Once the school year starts I may actually have increased time on my hands, at least for awhile in the evenings.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Cool.

I'm sorry as well. I've had a bad week -_-u My Gallbladder may be failing or I could be getting a Ulcer, so I've been in constant 'I'm gonna throw up' mode for about four weeks now.

I'm feeling better now, doc's got me on some new pills. I'll be posting more often hopefully :3

Also, we have a new player! Doc M is joining us, just as soon as we clear up a few minor details on his character. :3

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Dr M

Hello everyone.

I didn't post in the Introductions forum because I'm not a big fan of introductions. I suppose I can post the character card and some info before I clear up some details with Lehrrap and join the RP if that's okay with everyone.

El Jacko

Quote from: Dr M on August 12, 2010, 06:56:57 AM

Nice to have you aboard.

If you can, just a character profile in the appropriately named profile thread will be a huge help; saves having to ask questions whenever theres some significant character interaction.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Dr M

Done. I tried not to divulge all the information about the character, figuring that would be more interesting.

Mako

Yeah, nice to have you aboard mate. You'll figure out that my character is Chris. You can use that name or call me Sän. No worries either way.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Mako

Dr M

Quote from: Sä'nek on August 12, 2010, 05:50:53 PM
Yeah, nice to have you aboard mate. You'll figure out that my character is Chris. You can use that name or call me Sän. No worries either way.
I have already read most of the RP, so I shouldn't make any glaring errors. If I do, please point them out and forgive me.

Brainiac

Quote from: Dr M on August 13, 2010, 01:13:03 AM
Quote from: Sä'nek on August 12, 2010, 05:50:53 PM
I have already read most of the RP, so I shouldn't make any glaring errors. If I do, please point them out and forgive me.
Hi, then. I'm the guy that shows up here once a month and complains how he doesn't get into the rp enough. hi =D
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

El Jacko

Sä'nek, you anywhere close to getting the rest of that collab with Lehrrap up? Not that I want to rush you, but I can't post anything until time in-game moves on somewhat...
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Mako

Mako

Txontaw

Holy crap! I have a lot to catch up on!

With the release of the the "Extended Edition" trailer (new creatures + extended smexy scene, SQUEEE), I thought I'd check up on my favorite RP. :)

Can anyone summarize what the heck has happened? I'm going to go and read it all, but I'd like a tl;dr version for the short term.

Also, has anything happen to my characters, or are they just kind of faded into the background?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

El Jacko

Quote from: Txontaw on August 17, 2010, 12:16:28 AM
Can anyone summarize what the heck has happened? I'm going to go and read it all, but I'd like a tl;dr version for the short term.

Also, has anything happen to my characters, or are they just kind of faded into the background?

Uhhh roughly when did you stop reading it? Saves me trawling through 54 pages of OOC chat to try and find it.

Txontaw

Haha true...

I stopped reading at page 11 of Eywa's Shadow. (The RP thread, not the OOC)
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

El Jacko

In that case you missed a bit of winding-down in Eywa's Shadow (bit of character development, slight bit of action, some fireworks, some worthwhile reading) and since then the avatars/natives little caravan has been going north, with a slight event on the way. Back at Hell's Gate theres a few new characters just about to start off on an elaborate tangent.

And (as far as my tired memory serves) your character is still in the story, just 'under the radar', so to speak. Coyote's the one to ask about specifics, but presumably your hunter isn't too far from all the action.

Txontaw

Alright, cool.

I'll formulate an epic post once I've finished catching up for reals.

Coyote

Yeah, your character is still in, just not being mentioned much. Go ahead and read up; it goes quickly and we're at a very, very slow pace right now (like, a post a week for folks right now, thereabouts?). A lot of RL things have come up for a bunch of us at once, basically, but we're still involved here, just at a much, much more casual pace.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.