Storm Over Pandora - Those Left Behind (OOC THREAD)

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, July 01, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Quote from: Coyote on August 17, 2010, 07:57:46 PM
A lot of RL things have come up for a bunch of us at once, basically, but we're still involved here, just at a much, much more casual pace.

Yeah, same here. I've been caught up in a lot of RL stuff and totally forgot about this. I've been getting back into writing lately (been writing a novel for the heck of it), and when Apple put up the re-release trailer, it jogged my memory about this, so I thought I'd say hai.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

El Jacko

Right, bored of waiting, gonna write something.

Should be up in a few hours.

EDIT: Post up. Drawing on personal experience, watered it down and modified for purpose. I don't plan on attempting to induce lucid dreaming again any time soon.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Brainiac

Quote from: Txontaw on August 17, 2010, 08:40:50 PM
Quote from: Coyote on August 17, 2010, 07:57:46 PM
A lot of RL things have come up for a bunch of us at once, basically, but we're still involved here, just at a much, much more casual pace.

Yeah, same here. I've been caught up in a lot of RL stuff and totally forgot about this. I've been getting back into writing lately (been writing a novel for the heck of it), and when Apple put up the re-release trailer, it jogged my memory about this, so I thought I'd say hai.
same here :/
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Mako

Quote from: El Jacko on August 21, 2010, 09:57:32 AM

EDIT: Post up. Drawing on personal experience, watered it down and modified for purpose. I don't plan on attempting to induce lucid dreaming again any time soon.

Lucid dreaming can be bad when you have a healthy mind and a good imagination.

El Jacko

Quote from: Sä'nek on August 21, 2010, 09:43:58 PM
Quote from: El Jacko on August 21, 2010, 09:57:32 AM

Lucid dreaming can be bad when you have a healthy mind and a good imagination.

It's not the dreaming part specifically, but part of the method to induce it. The idea is to force the body to fall asleep before the mind, hence the paralysis. During the paralysis, your hearing acts up, and the brain makes up stuff to go along with it. Depending on the imagination, you can get some pretty awful hallucinations; coupled with that, you can't move or otherwise react to get away from whatever you've imagined is lurking about, so the hallucinations react to your frenzied state of mind and get worse. Eventually, I stopped trying to move and forced myself to stop breathing, which forces the body to wake up.

Not the most pleasant experience.

'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Mako

Brainiac

Brainiac

El Jacko

Well, I think Oscar is at Site 26 with the other absentees. Gotta be an opportunity for some hi-jinks there somewhere.

Brainiac

I'll give it a thought on the airplane. See you guys in about 12 hours. Flying to sweden. Girlfriend =D

Tanhìyärina'

For lack of something grander and more sweeping, I finally posted a bit of Tseylian's thoughts.  And some waiting.  :)
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-Tries not to cry as he punches a wall- UGH. DAMN YOU REAL LIFE. I don't wanna be avoiding writing and stuff, I want to be roleplaying, but as long as I'm SUCK waiting on grades, I can't do anything!

-shakes head- I'm sorry I haven't been on. I'm working on getting on more. I REFUSE to let this die! And Brainiac, you're always welcome.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Coyote

Well, look at the bright side-- folks who have been out for a bit have plenty of time to read up and get caught up since we're moving glacially at the moment...  :D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Dr M

Any idea of how long it will take you to respond to my PM?

El Jacko

Quote from: Dr M on August 31, 2010, 06:53:15 AM
Any idea of how long it will take you to respond to my PM?

Depends who you sent it to. Don't expect much from Lehrrap or Coyote for a while, from what I can gather they're up to their eyeballs in problems as it is.

Looks like it might be a few weeks before this show is back on the proverbial road.

Brainiac

I'll pick up on the go, too. For those who give a crap whether or not I'm on here :p

Mako