Storm Over Pandora - Those Left Behind (OOC THREAD)

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, July 01, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

How far back do you think I should read??
(Will read the whole lot eventually just not got much time to read on the comp)
Only mostly AWOL.

El Jacko

Reading everything up to now is a must (eventually), theres a lot of story in there. But if you need to get the gist, about ~6 pages into Ch. 2 should do the trick for jumping in, you can catch up later.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Niwantaw

Could you give me a brief(ish) summery of what has happened while I read those pages?
Only mostly AWOL.

Coyote

Well, there we go then!  ;)

As for what came before...

The story takes place 2 years before the events in the movie "Avatar". The starship Lightning Star arrived and brought a bunch of people who seem to have been mysteriously rushed through training-- not that they knew it at the time. Some were people brought to Pandora by Dr. Warren Childs, a man who has felt slighted in his past and eclipsed by the well-known and popular Dr. Grace Augustine.

However, other people who were not friends of Dr. Childs were also rushed through training-- a group called the Environment Freedom Front took advantage of the situation and got a bunch of "wild card" types that they hoped would be willing & able to foil what was coming-- Childs was planning to seize control of Hell's Gate, presumably at the request of certain members of the RDA Board of Directors who wanted to shut down Augustine's popular news channel programs about Pandora so they could be free to rape the environment without anyone knowing what was going on.

Childs found out about the group and triedto kill them while they were out at a visit to Kelutral, but they survived because the pilot, Jax, was better than they'd given credit for. The group of humans and Avatars both stayed with the Omatikaya, hidden by the tribe who figured that anyone the RDA didn't like couldn't be all bad-- and by a sign from the atokirina that these people were to have a special destiny.

Now, they have tried to blend in with the Omatikaya without drawing too much RDA attention to themselves... to varying degrees of success. Now, they have discovered a plot in lands to the north, where one of their Na'vi friends, Tseylian, comes from. They are headed north to help her out while also getting away from Kelutral for fear of bringing the RDA down on the tribe.

And that's it in a nutshell so far. But the actual plot, drama, characters, etc are far, far better reading. It really is more fun to actually read it than to hear about. Not that any of us are biased in any way!  ;)

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

COYOTE! It's like you were never gone :3

Good to see you again friend, on the twisty twisty plots I have planned...

And please, go ahead and read Storm Over Pandora chapters 1 and 2. They are good reading (I know, trust me ;3)

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Brainiac

if someone hasn't killed me off, I'd like to get back in. :p
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Mako

No one's killed you off mate, jump right back in. You're gonna have to bust out of the mobile site though, because last I remember we sent you there.

Coyote

For those left back at the Remote Site, we have enough people to do alternate adventures, or go back & forth with the Omatikaya. I left Na'ama there and a few others specifically so we could start up some "meanwhile, back at the ranch" type stuff if desired.

Plus remember the big new toy Childs was working on? It'll come on-line really soon. And there will be a challenge.  :-X
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-grins wildly- Sheppard, Doc, and a new guy, Jinx, is gonna have some interesting adventures as well, if I have anything to say about it. And I do, cuz it's my show.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Niwantaw

JUST DON'T LET JINX DRIVE ANYTHING...

(And any recommendations/orders on how to appear?)
Only mostly AWOL.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-grins- Sure thing.

How about you have him come into Medical Bay 2 in Hells Gate, looking for a patch up of his hand or something like that? Something simple and quick-healing.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Niwantaw

what like

Erm.. yeah... there was a bet on that I couldn't eat a chair... yeah... well.... I ate it... and It hurt...  :D
Only mostly AWOL.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Niwantaw

Here it comes then... My first post... (and I just noticed another Steve from about 2 days ago... damn)
Only mostly AWOL.

Brainiac

How about the people at the remote site having put oscy in a medically induced coma, so they could study his brain patterns. After all, something really weird happened to him.

El Jacko

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on July 03, 2010, 01:53:26 PM
-grins wildly- Sheppard, Doc, and a new guy, Jinx, is gonna have some interesting adventures as well, if I have anything to say about it. And I do, cuz it's my show.

This might need a 3-way collab post. Gimme a shout once you've got a rough idea of the next hijinks.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Just checking in, hi :) What's gonna be happening with those of us traveling?
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Mako

Coyote

Quote from: Brainiac on July 04, 2010, 08:05:22 AM
How about the people at the remote site having put oscy in a medically induced coma, so they could study his brain patterns. After all, something really weird happened to him.

That is actually a very good explanation. Are you ready to have his arms working again, or...?

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Brainiac

Quote from: Coyote on July 06, 2010, 12:00:36 PM
Quote from: Brainiac on July 04, 2010, 08:05:22 AM

That is actually a very good explanation. Are you ready to have his arms working again, or...?

yup. second reason to have him put into a coma. That way, people can do extensive nerve surgery.