Storm Over Pandora - Those Left Behind (OOC THREAD)

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, July 01, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

He had about a good 50% of the plot with him. I hold the other 50.

The problem is that if we continue up north, I'm flying blind. I have nothing there, all of it was Coyote. If he's not rocking with us, then we're sunk without a bird in the sky.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

El Jacko

I'll have a crack at getting in contact with him tomorrow, his YIM seems to still exist. He's too much of a driving force to leave out of the equation just yet. But that's tomorrow (well, later today), first I need to sleep.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

El Jacko

Well, I've sent him a message on Yahoo. Can't do much more now but wait for him to check his messages.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Coyote

Clear..! *bzzzt* ...beep...beep...beep...

I Live!

What's up, my homies?

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

El Jacko

SUCCESS!

Storys stagnating, you were the man with some semblance of a plan. Well, ish, it was slightly centred around ideas of yours we've either missed or forgotten.

Regardless. Welcome back man, how've ye been?

Brainiac

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2011, 02:22:35 PM
Clear..! *bzzzt* ...beep...beep...beep...

I Live!

What's up, my homies?

BEWARE! I LIVE! RUN, COWARD! RUN! RUN! RUN!

ahem.

Anyway: great to have you back!
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Coyote

Yeah... I remember making a few posts as things slowed down, but it seems like we all hit a rut at about the same time. Except for Jacko!

I noticed a slow-down all across the net-sphere as I know it, too, which was odd. The Star Wars story I participate in at Spacebattles actually took a six-month hiatus by mutual agreement-- suspended until just this last Monday. In fact, when that kicked off again I remembered to check this out once more.

Sorry, Jacko, I didn't have your account in my hotmail-- it went to my spam filter. That actually is a better place to find me than Yahoo. That, and Hawnu sent me a text, which was cool.

The bosses at work have still cracked down on unofficial internet usage, but I have instituted a new form of treachery to get around that-- the Droid smartphone, with web access. I can't post much beyond small posts but I can at least do that and read things as they unfold. In fact that wa show I posted that brief message up above.

So, let me read up on the plan to restart and I'll get caught up with you guys. Good to "see" you all again!!!

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Coyote

Hmmm.... a do-over is kinda tempting, I hate to admit...we've lost a lot of people who showed up, made a splash, got integrated and then went their way.

But...

I think we've covered a lot of ground and it is legitimate ground, too. And I'd hate to think it was all for nothing. For the most part we have been pretty darn good at either explaining away people that leave, or, turning them into NPC types. We've managed to keep things internally consistent pretty well.

And, let's face it, any re-do will probably end up with the same problems-- players coming and going. I don't think it'll solve any problems.

I'm leaning towards keeping going. I know where we were going and what was planned, and it was good. A lot of us did some really, really good posts that are fun to go back and read to this day. The quality has stayed high (and maybe it's just me, but I'd rather something like this kept high quality and just ran out, rather than get turned into some kind of a '4chan' type thing).

So that's my take on it, anyway.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

El Jacko

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2011, 06:37:33 PM
Yeah... I remember making a few posts as things slowed down, but it seems like we all hit a rut at about the same time. Except for Jacko!

Yeah, I got bored at uni and realised this had got a bit glacial...

Quote from: Coyote on January 04, 2011, 06:37:33 PM
Sorry, Jacko, I didn't have your account in my hotmail-- it went to my spam filter. That actually is a better place to find me than Yahoo. That, and Hawnu sent me a text, which was cool.

In that case I'll add you properly; for all intents and purposes the damn thing was acting like a dead link, so I abandoned that and went for the yahoo. Bonus points to Reyona for having the insight to contact someone who can get in direct contact.

Mako

Yeah, go for it. Chris works by me.

So Coyote's at least semi back on board, let's get this rolling again shall we?

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

It's good to have you back Coyote.

And yeah, I agree. Lets keep the quality up.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Tanhìyärina'

I picked the right day (or, close to it) to come back to the boards, eh?  I'll give it a go if we keep going.  Agreed on the quality thing too.
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Well if we are gonna agree LETS GET THE BALL A ROLLING!

I've got a post up, setting up the Na'vi people AND the gunship crew (me and Jacko.)

So lets capitalize! Lets MOVE people! BRING THE PAIN!

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

El Jacko

Edited an earlier post to stick Doc's medicalness in it; waiting on the Dragon to head back home now.

EDIT: Might edit the next post along if I think of something suitable to do. Or I might cut it back and go off in a different direction entirely.
'NOTHER EDIT: Suggestions welcome for the above, save me spending all week thinking about it.

Coyote

Let me get caught up with the story and I'll do a big post that starts wrapping up the current scenario and we can be on our way. This weekend is Army Reserves for me, but I can get something started by Monday and we'll be past this hump and... to adventure... and beyooonnnd....!

And stuff.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Mako

And...stuff.

hrh, we've got a weather system moving in that may give us snow/ice, but I'm starting to doubt it.

Coyote

Alright-- started the wrap-up post for the Fuel Base firefight. After this, the two groups will go their separate ways again: the folks on the ground will resume their trek north to Sengtsil territory; the folks in the air will head back to the Vortex. The Dragon will have a SA-2 shadowing along behind... hmmmm, how to lose that tail?  :-X

Jacko and Lehrrap can determine amongst themselves if they want Shep to successfully tail the Dragon back to the new camp, or, if Shep's Samson will be lost during the flight, or... meet some dastardly fate! 

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Mako

Good. Oh, and I've got the day off tomorrow so put us somewhere where Chris can get a decent post in, eh? ;D

Coyote

I should have something done and post-ready by tomorrow, ohh, late afternoon-ish or so.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8: