Storm Over Pandora - Those Left Behind (OOC THREAD)

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, July 01, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Looks like I showed up just in time to help get some blood pumping. I'm game.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

Quote from: Coyote on December 19, 2011, 06:15:55 PM
Quote from: El Jacko on July 05, 2011, 05:18:37 PM
Well, it still exists, even if it isn't active. Nothing stopping you from dropping a post in if you have time/feel like it. I still lurk around, if anything gets moving I'll be one of the first to post back.

That's a good point, and there is a tiny, tiny chance we can pick up where we left off. I really, really loved the characters and thought this was a very credible alternate universe that tapped into the same themes. I know a lot of former participants have probably dropped off for good, but... hmmm... One thing I'm going to do is switch to a new Army Reserve unit that doesn't demand so much of my precious little spare time.

I recently saw Avatar again and really missed this story, and I was thinking of doing some chopping & editing and finishing it as a fanfiction, if none of the original participants were to return.

If this showed up as a Fanfiction, I would read it (and hope that you wouldn't forget the Most Dangerous Dreamwalker on Learn Navi!)

Hmm... good memories here... *softly taps the worn down scripts and old story, smiling fondly at the good memories*

... Eh, why not... we could go for a revival... I'm going to be leaving for boot camp on the 7th of Feb 2012 (joining the Navy so I'll be gone for three-ish months till I get a laptop or internets) but... we could make it work.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

El Jacko

Still here. Told you I kept an eye out.

As before, I'll jump in once someone else posts. It's nice to see this humble bit of creativity had such a powerful effect on everyone else.

And while we're here, Merry Christmas yo
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Mako

Merry Christmas all. So, might post late tonight. Twill be rough, haven't written creatively in a while. But hey, something to get story going eh?

EDIT: Post up. Woah, look! Story! Anyways, sorry for the rough filler. Now it's up to y'all, eh?

Coyote

WooHoo!

I'm still getting caught up on my re-reading....  :-[

Quote*Eanataw's character is dead weight, and since Lin isn't going to return (and I have been given permission to write on our behalf), I'm dropping her character completely. I figured I'd do it in a way that I can identify with, so I'm kinda venting some thoughts about my recent breakup, but that's irrelevant. So to explain where Eanataw is going, she finds out while everyone is sleeping that her mother is dying. Eanataw is conflicted about the decision, but chooses to return home to be with her mother and never returns.

For the best. I was thinking that keeping the characters of people who dropped out was a handy way to have pre-generated Non-Player Characters for background work, but after awhile it becomes more awkward than it is worth. I was thinking just a couple days ago that it might be time to have our resident sniper take out a few other characters that aren't contributing anymore. Either that or (more likely) just turn them into total NPC's and quit feeling the obligation to write stuff just to keep them on the radar. For example, Esme is too handy as an NPC since there's no way Trudy could fly the Dragon by herself.

EDIT: I'll continue writing Tanhiyarina though, since the plotline to the north is full of interesting ideas... unless I can track her down somewhere for reals.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Mako

Yeah. Now that it isn't 1 in the morning, I'm going to go back and add a bunch and make revisions. I'm going to be on the road all day, so what better time to write?

Tanhìyärina'

Consider me tracked down.  I'd love to be part of this again!  It was fun.  I should go catch up with the story...
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Mako

Coyote

Awesome. Looks like we're going Lazarus with this, heh!  :D

"Arise.... Arise..!"

EDIT: Way cool. I'm doing some re-reading to get back in character and I hope to at least have a paragraph or two ready this weekend. I forgot how much fun the dialogue was with this... and how many jokes I wrote into it. Actually a little self-conscious about that... heh...  :-[
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Mako

Quote from: Coyote on December 29, 2011, 10:36:46 PM
Awesome. Looks like we're going Lazarus with this, heh!  :D

"Arise.... Arise..!"

EDIT: Way cool. I'm doing some re-reading to get back in character and I hope to at least have a paragraph or two ready this weekend. I forgot how much fun the dialogue was with this... and how many jokes I wrote into it. Actually a little self-conscious about that... heh...  :-[

Star Wars.

Lazarus was a cool dude. I like that idea :P

And while I'm at it, anyone have Jax's number?

Coyote

OK, I'm a bit behind-- just got to the beginning of the third chapter/thread --but catching up quick. If I can't get something done by tonight like I'd planned, then it will be done tomorrow.  :)

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Coyote

WooHoo!!

Finally up, and hope it was worth the wait!  :)

I have been pondering what to do with Blake and Liz and decided that getting them carted up to the Sengtsil camp is just too useful to pass up. Whether they're discovered or not, well, I dunno yet... whatever is dramatically appropriate. But we could use some more allies there and Liz is an experienced terrorist who can be good in a fight.

At this point, things can go in two different directions:
Jax & Nef'Tys catch up just before we enter the fog bank, and all is well--- they continue with the group. We make camp at the hot springs, start learning our way around, and try to build up an army of Sengtsil who are against the evil chief.
Or--
Jax & Nef'Tys don't catch up, and try to follow but get lost, and run into a bunch of Sengtsil who are loyal to the evil chief. Maybe Jax gets captured, Nef'Tys escapes but follows as they take Jax to be questioned by the Sengtsil and Captain Danjou. Jax can play "I'm just a Na'vi!" or say "I'm Jax, tell Sheppard" or whatever. Nef'Tys will spy on the camp, sneak him food, etc. If Blake and Liz are captured, they'll be held with him.

The same holds true for Oscar!  ;) We can also mix & match-- Oscar find Jax & Nef'Tys just as they're attacked, or Oscar catches up to the group by sheer luck, or whatever.

We can also PM some ideas, too... heheh.  :-X

So there are some options.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Mako

Coyote

Well, if things don't advance this weekend, I'll put in another post and go with what seems most dramatic.  :-\

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Mako

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

I like the idea of Jax getting captured. Gives me a excuse to be out of the picture for the two months I'm in boot and however long it takes me to get net access again.

However, I'm not quite so sure about staying on course guys. Honestly, I'm thinking it might be best for us to restart.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
-----------

Mako

Quote from: Lehrrap Uniltìranyu on January 06, 2012, 02:21:45 PM
I like the idea of Jax getting captured. Gives me a excuse to be out of the picture for the two months I'm in boot and however long it takes me to get net access again.

However, I'm not quite so sure about staying on course guys. Honestly, I'm thinking it might be best for us to restart.

What kind of a restart...

Coyote

Let's see if the continuation takes hold; but if not we can consider a total reboot.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8: