Storm Over Pandora - Those Left Behind (OOC THREAD)

Started by Lehrrap Uniltìranyu, July 01, 2010, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mako

Arik, when you see this may I inquire as to the status of your mother?

Coyote

Quote from: Reyona te Tsateka Ray'i'itan on November 22, 2012, 05:33:55 PM
Arik, when you see this may I inquire as to the status of your mother?

Heehee... it's been years! But I remember what things were like for me back when this message was posted.

It was the beginning of a few very busy and tight years for me, back then. Only recently have I come back to this board to see what's up... But as to the question-- my mom had some surgery and a relatively short bout of chemo that left her weak for awhile. Now she's recovered and back to being herself, and shows no sign of cancer again.

I've missed the Storm Over Pandora story and the characters we all made. I just recently went back and binge-read everything again-- so much fun. I might finish it as a fanfic if no one minds. I think I can write the remaining characters well enough. It would be easier than tracking everyone down again, that's for sure.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Coyote

Hooo-leee cow, lookit that!  :o

Is this the longest lag time between story posts or what!?  ;D

I'm going to start moving towards a finish for our fine story. I have a ways I wanted to make this, but it will eventually move towards some sort of conclusion. I hate leaving stories unfinished, especially ones that had some great moments in them and good characters, snappy dialogue, and so on. I hope some of the other folks that used to be involved in this take note and feel like coming back. If not, then be welcome to look from afar and enjoy.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.

Coyote

Didja see that? I meant it when I said I'd keep posting!  ;D

Don't worry I won't keep doing "Lookit me +1" posts here. I'm just letting folks know that I'll be continuing this as best I can. Work keep me busy but at least once or twice a month I'll be able to post here.

And hey, as far as I'm concerned if someone else wants to jump in, or if an previous player wants to return, go for it! We can wrap this up and have at least one complete story in done before the new movie comes out. That'll be a decent goal.

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:

Mako

Quote from: Coyote on February 25, 2016, 04:39:04 PM
Didja see that? I meant it when I said I'd keep posting!  ;D

Don't worry I won't keep doing "Lookit me +1" posts here. I'm just letting folks know that I'll be continuing this as best I can. Work keep me busy but at least once or twice a month I'll be able to post here.

And hey, as far as I'm concerned if someone else wants to jump in, or if an previous player wants to return, go for it! We can wrap this up and have at least one complete story in done before the new movie comes out. That'll be a decent goal.

Holy cow, Coyote you're still around? I'm genuinely impressed. I'm trying to track down Lin to get your digits, unless you see this first and PM them to me. I'd love to reconnect!

El Jacko

Oh man it's been a while since I was last on here...
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Mako

Quote from: El Jacko on March 12, 2016, 03:16:24 PM
Oh man it's been a while since I was last on here...

Jacko welcome! A few people showing up around the same time. Never had too much interaction with you but it's still a pleasure to see you're alive and well!

El Jacko

Started drafting some ideas. Feels good to get halfway creative again.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Mako

Quote from: El Jacko on March 15, 2016, 05:28:00 PM

Let me know if you want to encounter Chris personally! We met from a distance at the refueling outpost.

El Jacko

Quote from: Mäko on March 15, 2016, 05:33:03 PM
Quote from: El Jacko on March 15, 2016, 05:28:00 PM

Let me know if you want to encounter Chris personally! We met from a distance at the refueling outpost.

I'll let you know, gonna get some notes off to Coyote first to check he's not scheming something

Coyote

I haven't forgotten about this-- my civilian job is super busy, but they're FINALLY ready to hire some assistants for me. Three of them, in fact, which means I've been carrying the load of 4 people the last couple years.

Right now I have 2 weeks of Army Reserve duty-- I'm going to try to get something done if I have any down time. Then I go on vacation for about 3 and a half weeks. By the time I get back to the real world I should have a job that is fully staffed for the first time in years.

So to recap.. we have most of our Avatar drivers at "Iknamaya Base", the Hallelujah Mountains. They stole the Dragon, a full fuel bladder for it, and moved a bunch of pre-fab housing units to a new floating mountain. The only Avatar driver back at Hell's Gate now is Liz, the Environmental Freedom Front terrorist. She says she has more EFF people hidden in there with her, but no one's actually met any of them, so we don't know if she's just talking big or what.

Of the Avatars, Ariel's is back at Iknamaya base doing work there. Her player hasn't been heard from for awhile, even before we went dormant here. So I've been using her as a sort of NPC.

Grace and Na'ama have Avatars at Kelutral, where they are blending in and not being noticed by the RDA.

The group has managed to convince Warren Childs and the rest of the RDA that Grace's Avatar is dead, killed by the sniper, and as a result relations between the renegades and the Omatikaya deteriorated. Now they believe the Omatikaya have kicked them out and are back to being a "normal" Na'vi tribe. The Omatikaya, however, are still quietly helping our renegades with food and information on the RDA.

The RDA is simply trying to keep the renegades blocked in the Hallelujah Mountains so they become an irrelevant threat. Warren Childs wants to make it look like everything is under control, the Unobtanium continues to flow unimpeded, and he'll just be accepted as the leader by the powers-that-be back home.

Meanwhile, Childs is trying to cultivate Na'vi allies, and he has corrupted the leader of the Sengtsil Tribe, a band of "Eskimo" Na'vi. He's training htem on th euse of RDA weapons. The Avatars and a few Omatikaya and Sengtsil warriors are closing in on the border of Sengtsil territory, and hoping to put a stop to this, but they don't know who is a friend and who is an enemy.

Meanwhile, Jax is secretly in communication with the only character who has actually managed to do damage to them, the sniper Sheppard. Sheppard may have had a change of heart... or not. Nef'Tys knows this is happening, but so far is letting the situation unfold to see what it means. She has told no one, Arik and Tseylian and others have figured out what's going on, but no one has confronted Jax... and some are saying he can't be trusted.

The Avatars of "Pongo Tsengtsil" are on the border of Sengtsil territory, with hot springs and cold wintery air combine to make a thick soup fog and geothermal formations unlike anything the Avatars or Omatikaya have ever seen...

It will sure be good to wrap this up!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8: