Burning Sky - A Poem About The Destruction of Hometree

Started by Eana Ketuwong, May 30, 2011, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eana Ketuwong

Please, correct my horrible grammar if I'm wrong. Would be much appreciated!

Nìmwey fìtseng, kea pam mungwrr me(')veng.
Slä ye'rìn maw, taw lu wok.
Aysawtute(l) za'u tspang ayoeng(it).
Teye kxenerìl (Excuse me if I am wrong there.) teya si(?) ayoengyä(ti) (ay)tsopi(ru).
Ayoeng tul. Ayoeng wan.
Ausawtute ska'a. Ayfol ska'a Kelutalit sì ayoengur. (?!)
Eywa tsngayvìk (??!!!!) fìtrr.
Ayoeng 'eko. Ayoeng 'eko aysawtute.
Slä Kelutral tsun kllkxem kehe/kea nì'ul.
Poe zup nekll. Poe tspang pxay.
'Uo(l) tsa hawnu ayoeng...tspamang ayoeng. (Spelling?)

i will add more to that in the morning. I highly doubt i wrote that even slightly well...Oe lu ngaytxoa!
Tumbling hard until 3 AM on a Wednesday night

Blue Elf

Corrections depends on what you wanted to say  :) - I'm not sure if I understood everything well.

My attempt:
Fra'u fnu fìtseng, kea pam mungwrr meveng. (Everything is quiet here, no sound except 2 children. [I feel it is not correct])
Slä ye'krr fko tsun stivawm woka pamot tawftu (But early one can hear a loud sound from the sky)
Sawtute zola'u fte tspivang ayoengat. (Skypeople came to kill us)

Teyra kxener teya si ayoengeyä (ay)sopìru (White smoke fills up our lungs)
Ayoeng terul. Ayoeng wäperan. (We are running. We are hidding)
Sawtutel ska'a fra'ut. Ayfol ska'a Kelutalit sì ayoengat. (Skypeople destroy everything. They destroy Home tree and us)
Eywa tsngawvängìk fìtrr. (Eywa is crying today (with negative mood))

I'm afraid I'm not error free, but others correct both of us. Do not afraid of mistakes, nobody is perfect (and it is hard to be good in Na'vi).
Your text is not bad, we are awaiting next part. Keep writing, this is good place for training :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Puvomun

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 30, 2011, 01:41:31 AM
Ayoeng terul. Ayoeng wäperan. (We are running. We are hidding)
As this is a poem, I would keep to the original, but you are right about <äp>.

Ayoeng tul. Ayoeng wäpan. We run. We hide (ourselves).

Quote from: Eana Ketuwong
Sawtutel ska'a fra'ut. Ayfol ska'a Kelutralit sì ayoengit
An 'r' missing in KelutRalit, and you could omit the <ay> with ayfol, it would make the sentence flow a little better, in my opinion.

Very nice poem. :)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Blue Elf

Wapän is necessary as wan itself is transitive and requires direct object.
Thanks for finding missing 'r' - I did copy'n'paste from original a didn't notice that. Well, auto-correcting filter started to work for me too ;D

Puvomun

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 30, 2011, 02:55:16 AM
Wapän is necessary as wan itself is transitive and requires direct object.
Thanks for finding missing 'r' - I did copy'n'paste from original a didn't notice that. Well, auto-correcting filter started to work for me too ;D

Yes, the äp is needed. I would just, as it is a poem, leave away the <er> in the verbs. :)
We help each other. Ayoeng srung säpi (?  looks wrong).

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Blue Elf

Srung säpi should be "help myself", I think. We do not have phrase for "each other" yet - I met this problem more times here, but no solution exists for now

Puvomun

Quote from: Blue Elf on May 30, 2011, 04:42:11 AM
Srung säpi should be "help myself", I think. We do not have phrase for "each other" yet - I met this problem more times here, but no solution exists for now
Ah, so I am not the only one (of course not).

Ayoeng srung si ayoengur perhaps comes closest then.
Or, to make it sound better: Ayoeng ayoengur srung si. We help us. It sounds a bit awkward though.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Sireayä mokri

Blue Elf's version seems correct (only one thing to correct: ayoengat, not ayoengit), although it'd be best to compare it to the English text.

Quote from: Puvomun on May 30, 2011, 05:51:25 AM
Ayoeng srung si ayoengur perhaps comes closest then.
Or, to make it sound better: Ayoeng ayoengur srung si. We help us. It sounds a bit awkward though.

It would be same as ayoeng srung säpiwe help ourselves.
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Eana Ketuwong

Wow, irayo all of you. See? I said my grammar is iffy! But thank you for the help, it is all greatly appreciated.

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Eana Ketuwong

Eana Ketuwong

I have added more to the poem; I also made an error at the end: instead of ayoeng, I meant to put ayoengit. Unless use of the "-it" is wrong.

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Eana Ketuwong on May 30, 2011, 12:09:43 AM
Please, correct my horrible grammar if I'm wrong. Would be much appreciated!

Ayoeng 'eko. Ayoengal 'eko aysawtutet.
Slä Kelutral ke tsun kivllkxem kehe/kea nì'ul.
Poe zup nekll. Poe tspang pxaya noun(sute, ayoengeyä,?).
'Uo(l) tsa hamawnu ayoengit...tspamang ayoengit. (Spelling?)

i will add more to that in the morning. I highly doubt i wrote that even slightly well...Oe lu ngaytxoa!

You express yourself very well.  I'm pleased for you!  I hope my corrections are as good. :P
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Blue Elf

Your correction appears to me mostly as good. I'd just only use po in the third line instead poe, as home tree isn't woman :) and ayoengat(i), not ayoengit (pronouns ending with -ng in fact ends with -nga, which must appear with case ending)
And maybe ayoe should be used everywhere instead of ayoeng, otherwise listener is also part of the story (and can be killed too, but in such case he could listen to this. This explanation is probably overconstructed :) but I'd use ayoe)

Sireayä mokri

Infix positions for kllkxem are 22 (i.e. kllkx<0,1,2>em). Apart from that (and ayoengat, which has been noted by tsm. Blue Elf), your correction is fine, ma Alyara.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Sireayä mokri on June 01, 2011, 08:15:54 AM
Infix positions for kllkxem are 22 (i.e. kllkx<0,1,2>em). Apart from that (and ayoengat, which has been noted by tsm. Blue Elf), your correction is fine, ma Alyara.
Can you explain what 22 mean, ma Sireayä mokri? I saw this notation more times, but don't know how to interpret it. Irayo.

Sireayä mokri

It's a simple system that Pawl uses often, instead of the "floating dot" (like in the dictionary). It works this way: we know that there are three infix positions, but the "pre-first" is always follow by the "first". So the first number indicates the pre-first and first position infixes, the second number is for the second position infixes. The numbers themselves represent a syllable that gets an infix. So, for example "12" means that pre-first and first position infixes go into the first syllable, whereas second position infixes go into the second syllable. "11" means that all of them go into the first syllable, "22" — into the second syllable.

Eana Ketuwong

Quote from: Blue Elf on June 01, 2011, 01:20:03 AM
Your correction appears to me mostly as good. I'd just only use po in the third line instead poe, as home tree isn't woman :)

Hrh, I portrayed Hometree as a female, like "She is our home," or "She's the one who has sheltered us for all our lives,"