F'iu tìlor nolgop ta Eywa

Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

'Oma Tirea

Still can't help but correct some more :P

Quote from: Syulang on August 18, 2011, 11:54:03 PM

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Alyara Arati

So, another poem  :) Irayo to Alyara Arati, Ftxavanga Txe'lan, and Tirea Aean for you help with some phrases  ;) still using the dictionary haha. I feel bad If I don't mention that, I'm not that good at memorising words yet, hrh  ;D oh, had to say 'from' in the last sentence, couldnt find a word for by  ::) hope you guys like it :)

Seysonìltsan ma Syulang!  And you're always welcome.  Don't worry about still using the dictionary; so do I from time to time. :) ;D :)

Just a few little things:  tumpin is a noun, whereas tun is the adjective form.  Rim is also an adjective.  So if you want to be naming the colors of the sunset, you probably want to say "tumpin sì rimpin".  You would use the adjectives for something like "txep lu tun sì rim".

Likewise teya in the third line is an adjective, so it can't take infixes like the verb form, teya si.  "Teya fa atan" would translate as full with light.  Alternatively, you could also use "atan teya soli tawur", or teya soli hu atan.

However tì'ong is a noun, and therefore can't be modified by an adverb.  So you should change that to something like "Nìk'ong 'erong" or "Kì'onga tì'ong".  I just noticed that 'Oma Tirea ninja'd me, but this has a little more explanation, so I'll go ahead and post it.

Finally, "Fì'u tìlor" needs to be "Fìtìlor" in order to be correct and say what you want it to mean.  Also, the infixes in verbs always go just before the vowel, so the proper placement would be ng<ol>op.  You could also consider "Tìlor a Eywal ngolop".
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Sireayä mokri

Seysonìltsan nìmun, ma Syulang :)

Quote from: Alyara Arati on August 19, 2011, 01:40:55 AM
teya soli hu atan.

I think this way it'll be semantically transitive (filled [something] with light), so <äp> is required.

"Fì'u tìlor" needs to be "Fìtìlor" in order to be correct and say what you want it to mean.

It also needs -it to mark direct object of ngop. But I certainly vote for

"Tìlor a Eywal ngolop".
When the mirror speaks, the reflection lies.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Sireayä mokri on August 19, 2011, 08:23:54 AM

I think this way it'll be semantically transitive (filled [something] with light), so <äp> is required.

since when did we have this piece of grammar? where did this whole notion of "semantically transitive" come from? curious.

"Tìlor a Eywal ngolop".

agreed.

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 19, 2011, 08:38:38 AM
since when did we have this piece of grammar? where did this whole notion of "semantically transitive" come from? curious.

I knew you gonna ask me that :P Afaik, it's not confirmed, but is evident from such phrases as:

Quote from: http://naviteri.org/2010/09/getting-to-know-you-part-2/14.  Could you make that a bit clearer? Could you explain that further?
Tsun nga law sivi nì'it srak?

Here tsar seems to be omitted.

But let's say teya si can be considered to be to fill [oneself]. What would teya säpi mean then? We know that win säpi is to hurry oneself (reflective), so I don't see why teya si would be different. So we get:

oe teya si tawur — I fill the sky.
oe teya säpi — I fill myself.
oe atanur teya seyki tawit   — I make light fill the sky.

Seze Mune

So, another poem  :) Irayo to Alyara Arati, Ftxavanga Txe'lan, and Tirea Aean for you help with some phrases  ;) still using the dictionary haha. I feel bad If I don't mention that, I'm not that good at memorising words yet, hrh  ;D oh, had to say 'from' in the last sentence, couldnt find a word for by  ::) hope you guys like it :)

Seysonìltsan ma Syulang!  And you're always welcome.  Don't worry about still using the dictionary; so do I from time to time. :) ;D :)

Just a few little things:  tumpin is a noun, whereas tun is the adjective form.  Rim is also an adjective.  So if you want to be naming the colors of the sunset, you probably want to say "tumpin sì rimpin".  You would use the adjectives for something like "txep lu tun sì rim".

Likewise teya in the third line is an adjective, so it can't take infixes like the verb form, teya si.  "Teya fa atan" would translate as full with light.  Alternatively, you could also use "atan teya soli tawur", or teya soli hu atan.

However tì'ong is a noun, and therefore can't be modified by an adverb.  So you should change that to something like "Nìk'ong 'erong" or "Kì'onga tì'ong".  I just noticed that 'Oma Tirea ninja'd me, but this has a little more explanation, so I'll go ahead and post it.

Finally, "Fì'u tìlor" needs to be "Fìtìlor" in order to be correct and say what you want it to mean.  Also, the infixes in verbs always go just before the vowel, so the proper placement would be ng<ol>op.  You could also consider "Tìlor a Eywal ngolop".

Wow, this is helpful for me in understanding the way it works.  Thanks to both of you for the illustration!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Sireayä mokri on August 19, 2011, 08:57:09 AM
oe atanur teya seyki tawit   — I make light fill the sky.

fascinating. A good theory. it seems possible. though (concerning äp and "semantic transitivity",)claiming that  something is required is a tad sketch for me without seeing it confirmed. but it seems that your guess here is as good as mine without confirmation ;)

also, in that case, wouldnt it be oel?

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 19, 2011, 09:15:31 AM
claiming that  something is required is a tad sketch for me without seeing it confirmed.

Required according to my theory :) I just really can't imagine how a verb can be considered reflective without <äp>. Transitivity is not related to reflectivity in this sense, otherwise we wouldn't need win säpi since win si would mean just that.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 19, 2011, 09:15:31 AM
also, in that case, wouldnt it be oel?

Agree, didn't catch that.

Another thing to think about: we have Fwa sute pxel nga tsun oeyä hì'ia tìngopit sivar fte pivlltxe nìlor fìtxan oeru teya si canonized. How would you interpret that if we omit oeru? It doesn't seem to me that fwa sute pxel nga ... teya si could mean this thing ... fills itself (with joy).

Alyara Arati

Quote from: Sireayä mokri on August 19, 2011, 08:23:54 AM
Seysonìltsan nìmun, ma Syulang :)

teya soli hu atan.

"Fì'u tìlor" needs to be "Fìtìlor" in order to be correct and say what you want it to mean.

"Tìlor a Eywal ngolop".

Oh my, I missed putting -it on fìtìlor!  Oops!  Happily other people caught that, so my mistake shouldn't be too confusing.

Also, within the context of the poem, I had thought that perhaps (taw a) teya soli hu atan had been "understood" in 'Oma Tirea's example, especially since Syulang translated it as "a sky filled with light".
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Alyara Arati on August 19, 2011, 01:33:23 PM
Also, within the context of the poem, I had thought that perhaps (taw a) teya soli hu atan had been "understood" in 'Oma Tirea's example, especially since Syulang translated it as "a sky filled with light".

Then maybe we could avoid using teya si altogether, and say, for example, atanìri lu teya?

Kamean

Seysonìltsan ma Syulang! :)
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

Well, although this poem looks simply, it is very nice. Good job, ma Syulang  :)
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Tanri

Mllte oe, seysonìltsan sì lor nìngay! :)
Sunu oeru aylì'u ngeyä, ma Syulang, ulte prrte' lu oer fwa ngal tse'a tìlorit mì hrr a trr leratem ne txon.

Quote from: Sireayä mokri on August 19, 2011, 09:41:41 AM
I just really can't imagine how a verb can be considered reflective without <äp>.
Just a note - isn't this a case of latem?
According dictionary, the meaning is just "change" but I believe that the full explanation is "to change (oneself)" - to distinguish from l<eyk>atem - "to change (something)".
Latem looks "semantically reflective" :D - although not explicitly marked as reflective, it is used that way.
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Syulang

thanks a lot for the compliments and corrections ma 'eylan  :)
Oel ayngati kameie ma oeyä aysmukan sì aysmuke ulte Eywa ayngahu livu

munea kifkey, 'awa soaia

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Tanri on August 19, 2011, 03:01:31 PM
Just a note - isn't this a case of latem?
According dictionary, the meaning is just "change" but I believe that the full explanation is "to change (oneself)" - to distinguish from l<eyk>atem - "to change (something)".
Latem looks "semantically reflective" :D - although not explicitly marked as reflective, it is used that way.

I wouldn't agree. To change (intr.) is a process one undergoes to get a new shape/looks/meaning etc. as a result. To change oneself is to cause oneself to change (läpeykatem). If I change, it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm intentionally applying changes to myself, it's just a process happening to me, which can also possibly displease me, however I can't/don't want to stop it and therefore go through it anyway.

Tanri

Irayo seiyi ngaru, ma Sireayä mokri!

So if I got it correctly, latem has three possible translations:
- latem            vin               "to be subject of change" (without any other implications)
- leykatem       vtr                "to change something"
- läpeykatem    vtr (reflexive)  "to change oneself"
I was influenced by Czech variant of "to change", because it covers only the two latter meanings ("to change something" or "to change oneself"). For "to be subject of change" we have to use another verb.

Fì'uri ngaytxoa, ma eylan, slä new oe tslivam fìtxelet nìno. / I apologise for this off-topic, but I want to understand precisely. ;)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Sireayä mokri

Quote from: Tanri on August 20, 2011, 01:26:44 PM
I was influenced by Czech variant of "to change", because it covers only the two latter meanings ("to change something" or "to change oneself"). For "to be subject of change" we have to use another verb.

Yes, it works similarly in Russian too. Менять — vtr., меняться — vin.