Busa/Iveyk

Started by eejmensenikbenhet, April 23, 2011, 08:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eejmensenikbenhet

Kaltxì ma frapo, tìrol amip mì awngeyä lì'fya...
I translated this for the 'Rol nìNa'vi nì'aw project'. The original is in Zulu and it is sung by Lebo M., it is inspired by the movie The Lion King.

The Original:
Lebo M. - Busa

The Lyrics+Translation:
NEW VERSION WITH CORRECTIONS

Plumps

fìtìrol yawne lu oer! :D

Two things I've noticed.
Everytime you translate 'with' with hu should be fa, IMO, shouldn't it?

In the chorus 'lead our land', atxkxe requires the patientive/accusative case.

Tsalsungay, txantsana tìkangkem! Seysonìltsan.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Plumps on April 23, 2011, 10:17:48 AM

Two things I've noticed.

Good job, ma eejmensenikbenhet!
Just one technical note - if you are using HTML, then it should contain file encoding definition - my browser shows all "ì" as "ě" because of my Czech regional settings.

About hu/fa - I think hu is correct, as Iveyk hu tìyawn is meant as "Lead with love (in heart)", not "Lead using love" (love is not tool you are using while leading)
And small typo correction - Iveyk hu fpom [Lead with love] -> should be [Lead with peace] as in original translation
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Blue Elf on April 23, 2011, 02:50:59 PM
Quote from: Plumps on April 23, 2011, 10:17:48 AM

Two things I've noticed.

Good job, ma eejmensenikbenhet!
Just one technical note - if you are using HTML, then it should contain file encoding definition - my browser shows all "ì" as "ě" because of my Czech regional settings.

About hu/fa - I think hu is correct, as Iveyk hu tìyawn is meant as "Lead with love (in heart)", not "Lead using love" (love is not tool you are using while leading)
And small typo correction - Iveyk hu fpom [Lead with love] -> should be [Lead with peace] as in original translation
Thank you both for your reactions. Ma Blue Elf... Srung sivi oeru! :P I really don't know how to put in something like file encoding definition XD

eejmensenikbenhet

Will this work?

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

Blue Elf

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on April 23, 2011, 05:04:36 PM
Thank you both for your reactions. Ma Blue Elf... Srung sivi oeru! :P I really don't know how to put in something like file encoding definition XD
It is quite easy, put something like this into <HEAD> tag.
<html><head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
<title>page title</title>
</head>
Utf-8 encoding is probably best choice, but you must not forget to save HTML file in this enconding. Usually select Save-As and select proper encoding in options.

eejmensenikbenhet

Whoo, I was one stap minute ahead of you XD anyway, thanks!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

wou

I cannot believe, considering how big of a TLK fan I am, that I do not have ROPL in my music collection.

I would love to somehow participate, and can already sing parts of this song in Zulu. But I don't know if I have the time.

(BTW, this music is not used much in the movie, but it is very prominent, especially at the end of the Broadway musical.)

I have been giving some thoughts to purchasing a decent microphone for these kinds of recording projects. Maybe this will be what 'pushes me over the edge'.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

eejmensenikbenhet

Thanks, I have heard this song so many times I can sing it from memory :P
If you would like an information-PM, just give a shout ;)

Plumps

Hmm  :-\ You're probably right.
But then, I think that's a matter of perspective ;D
"lead by means of love" ... I think that works very well. Love can be a 'tool' through which you rule/lead.

I learned that hu is only for accompaniment—I can't recall a canon example where hu wasn't used for a person. Otherwise it would mean that there is a (personified) love that leads us together with the person you are addressing in the song.

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: Plumps on April 25, 2011, 03:48:21 AM

"lead by means of love" ... I think that works very well. Love can be a 'tool' through which you rule/lead.

I learned that hu is only for accompaniment—I can't recall a canon example where hu wasn't used for a person. Otherwise it would mean that there is a (personified) love that leads us together with the person you are addressing in the song.

Yeah... Hmm, this is something I thought about... I can change it to fa. Yeah, let's just do that.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Plumps on April 25, 2011, 03:48:21 AM

We are probably both right :) - as our Na'vi tsmukan Tanri says: if two people say one thing in two different ways and both can explain why they said it that way, they are both right. Prepositions are sometimes a little confusing for me, so if hu is used only for accompaniment, I'll remember it. Thanks for explanation

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.