Chandalier, Counting Stars (t(er)iam aytanhì), Say Something (lawk ‘uo-ti)

Started by Ikrantu, November 06, 2015, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikrantu

Kaltxi, I am working on translating the following songs to na'vi.

Say Something    by A Great Big World,
Counting Stars      by ONEREPUBLIC
Chandelier              by SIA

I have some lines on some while on others i am completely stuck. The songs are at  https://goo.gl/rsMDXv , anyone may edit. Please feel correct them or improve them and let me know what my mistake was so that i may improve my navi. Thanks.

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

ÌÌ...perhaps I have few helps for you.

Learning language from translating song is way but not best way. I mean you have to first have some knowledges of the amount of words.I will explaint it on our small try with Mr. Vawmataw.
In radio was very often playes song "The Nights from Avicii" and when i heard it about thirtieth time and i had learned about 1/3 of Na'vi vocab. i just realized that this song could be very easy to translate into Na'vi - So i suggested to Mr.V and he had done it after four hour or less.

And my advices:
1. you should first learn about first 700-800 words as basic vocab.(I know it sound crazy, learnd about 700 words but as for me, it doesnt take more that one or two months) Then you will be able to make short sentences and to translate something with small help of dictionary.

2. You have to choose song very carefully because Na'vi is unique language and have "only" about 2100 words yet. So don't choose any much complex text.

So as look at these songs, i think best for you should be 'Say Something from A Great Big World' because we have all words which are contained in that song.

I hope i helped you with something and feel free to post any questions.  :)
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Vawmataw

Mr. Vawmataw ;D

It's important to know a base of the Na'vi grammar and vocabulary, because first, you get to know a bit the capacities of the Na'vi language and second, you will have to translate the meaning, not the words. Of course, I also make mistakes, so it means you're allowed to help no matter your level. :)

I can say the first two songs are very translatable.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu