Cat pictures!

Started by Is., December 28, 2009, 08:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Makto

I haz a Bombay too!

Here are my cavatars  ;D

The Bombay is named River.
The orange tabby is named Schrödinger (After the physicist)  ;D

As you can see they sleep their lives away, despite my best efforts to keep them occupied  :P

Niwantaw

i'm realy unhappy at the moment

Ozzy has gone missing and hasn't been home for over a day.

getting worried..
Only mostly AWOL.

'Itan Atxur

Don't worry too much. My cats have dissapeared for over a week at times (I don't let them out any more!)

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Hufwe ta'em

Hufwe ta'em

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 10, 2010, 06:15:19 AM
i'm realy unhappy at the moment

Ozzy has gone missing and hasn't been home for over a day.

getting worried..
I dunno why but my cat did the same, one day he left and came back after 3 weeks

Niwantaw

THE OZZ HAS RETURNED......

I think he was shut in someone's garage or something because he is looking half starved and covered in gunk
Only mostly AWOL.

Eltusiyu

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

Atanä mungeyu

well, i got a new kitty, she still needs a name, but she's very cute xD it's a siameze

any ideas for a name? i thought blue eyes white dragon from yugioh was a bit too long xD
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Niwantaw

call it something in Na'vi
Only mostly AWOL.

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 12, 2010, 08:12:38 AM
call it something in Na'vi
oh really now? that was my whole idea..., i asked if someone had a idea for just that.., otherwise my sisters would have made a name by now ..xD
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Swokéyan

Quote from: Atanä mungeyu on April 12, 2010, 10:01:35 AM
oh really now? that was my whole idea..., i asked if someone had a idea for just that.., otherwise my sisters would have made a name by now ..xD

Your cat is already a few months old and you still dont have named him yet? xD

Take a look at my kitteh!
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

tsrräfkxätu

Not my cat, and not a picture either, but 100% Na'vi. :D

Amazing Standing Cat
párolt zöldség — muntxa fkxen  

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: tsrräfkxätu on April 15, 2010, 10:36:55 AM
epic win kitty! how'd he learn to stand?
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

My cats can stand too but I never saw them do it for that long! Impressive cat you have there ma tsrräfkxätu!
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Prrton

Quote from: tsrräfkxätu on April 15, 2010, 10:36:55 AM
Not my cat, and not a picture either, but 100% Na'vi. :D

Amazing Standing Cat

Tewti!

Oel fpìl futa fì'uteri kxawm fko plltxatse san TEWTI sìk nìteng...

iggy investigates an ipad

Prrton

Quote from: Atanä mungeyu on April 12, 2010, 08:10:04 AM
well, i got a new kitty, she still needs a name, but she's very cute xD it's a siameze

any ideas for a name? i thought blue eyes white dragon from yugioh was a bit too long xD

She's adorable.

If you decide to go with Thai instead of Na'vi (especially if she's a she), "Wilaa(r)" is the archaic & poetic term for the cats of the royal household.

The sounds are more or less like Na'vi, but the "a" is long and the "r" on the end is written, but marked to be silent because it can't be pronounced in Modern Thai as an "r". The term originally comes from Sanskrit/Pali so it has a very PROPER ring to it.

I'd probably just spell it "Wilaa" in English and tell people it means "regal kitty".

Na'vi options that sound (to me) nice for a little girl:

Prnen "baby" (stress on first syllable)
  'Evi "kid" (stress on first syllable)
  Syulang "flower" (stress on first syllable)
  Eana (menari) "two blue eyes" but I'd just call her "Éana" or "Éan" (stress on first syllable)
  Poe "her" (stress on 2nd syllable) Presumably there won't be too many fluent speakers of Na'vi around to be confused by this.
  'Ite "daughter" (both syllable stressed equally)
  'Opin "color" (stress on first syllable) because her coloration is what will always make her look so "regal".
           Her white body fur may darken quite a bit, but her points and eyes will always be very striking.

Ngeyä 'iteri amip Nawma Sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi.

tsrräfkxätu

Quote from: Prrton on April 15, 2010, 01:35:56 PM
If you decide to go with Thai instead of Na'vi (especially if she's a she), "Wilaa(r)" is the archaic & poetic term for the cats of the royal household.
This would be particularly fitting since the cat is a Siamese (my favorite breed.)

The similar sounding Vila (sometimes Anglicized as Wila) means female fairy in Czech.
párolt zöldség — muntxa fkxen  

Prrton

Quote from: tsrräfkxätu on April 15, 2010, 02:06:28 PM
Quote from: Prrton on April 15, 2010, 01:35:56 PM
This would be particularly fitting since the cat is a Siamese (my favorite breed.)

The similar sounding Vila (sometimes Anglicized as Wila) means female fairy in Czech.

The W/V contrast is a bit weak sometimes in Thai, so romanizing it with a "V" is not that strange either.

We have two, mesmukan, who were adopted from a rescue organization, but are largely patterned after their mother (who is a lilac point). They've gotten MUCH darker as they've aged. We gave them long Thai names (Sawat Giat Sri Sayaam (Blessing of the Splendor of Majestic Siam) & Bhut Bhunthaam Rak Anand (Child Adopted in Infinite Love)) But we just call them by their "nicknames" (as is common with Thais as well), so they're Sy and Dex.

Atanä mungeyu

I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Prrton

Quote from: Atanä mungeyu on April 16, 2010, 04:24:58 PM
cute kittys xD

Ngeyä 'iteri amip tstxoti vay set pole'un srak?  :)