Cat pictures!

Started by Is., December 28, 2009, 08:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syaron

I have 16 cats of all ages but lost my most favorite one on April 5. Her name was So This Is Christmas and she was 20 years old. How does one say cat in Na'vi? I know there is not ans "official" word but has any one created one?

Nga yawne lu oer nìwotx

Shara ???
Shara

Prrton

Quote from: Shara on April 21, 2010, 05:37:38 PM
I have 16 cats of all ages but lost my most favorite one on April 5. Her name was So This Is Christmas and she was 20 years old. How does one say cat in Na'vi? I know there is not ans "official" word but has any one created one?

Nga yawne lu oer nìwotx

Shara ???

If you're a speaker of English and the others with whom you'll likely be speaking in Na'vi also understand English, the shortest way is to use «kät» (The plurals are mehät (2 cats), pxehät (3 cats), and hät (more than three cats) respectively). If you want to be a bit more "authentically Na'vi" you could use «ioang le_____» and insert the sound that your cat makes (written in Na'vi) in the blank. E.g.: «ioang lemìaw», «ioang leräu» (if Siamese), etc.

Good luck with whatever approach you choose!

tsrräfkxätu

How about mioang or miawng? :D
párolt zöldség — muntxa fkxen  

Prrton

Quote from: tsrräfkxätu on April 21, 2010, 06:33:21 PM
How about mioang or miawng? :D

That's very clever! Sìlronsem nìtxan!

You might as well take it to yawang though!  ;)

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 21, 2010, 10:06:31 PM
I'd go with vrrtep

That is strangely apt--and anyone else calling themselves Mr. 3000 would be suspect of spam in my book. But from you, it is (to me) a sign of strength.

:)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Syaron

Cats are Eywa's way of letting us on earth look into the nari of the Na'vi..... :-*
Shara

'Itan Atxur

Grammar police alert.

It should be "menari".

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 24, 2010, 03:34:04 PM
Grammar police alert.

It should be "menari".

Philosophy police alert.

Could be a poetic/familiar reference "the eye of Eywa."

One can never tell with a cat.
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

'Itan Atxur

Lol. Y'all both totally got me there!

Le'eylan

All kitties are cute  :D

Ni'aw tsa'u ayoe tsun si, lu yawne ayfo! :)
(I know, it's probably all wrong- but hey, I'm learning!)
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Niwantaw

he is watching you
Only mostly AWOL.

Prrton

Kaltxì Palulukan!

LOL! Evil kitty! (Yeah, it took me a few tries to find him too)

Niwantaw

he does take a while to find..

although google won't search for him

googles knows he finds you.....
Only mostly AWOL.

Le'eylan

My cat beats them all!
How cute is it to find this little cat under your quilt when you wake up?
Answer: REALLY CUTE! :D

Haha anyone who gets this?
Krro krro pamrel seri fìtsengmì, alu oey pìlok leNa'vi
Sometimes writing here, on my Na'vi blog
=^● ⋏ ●^=

Elektrolurch

Wow, he is amazingly cute! I'd love to live with a cat like that! ;)
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Torukä Nari

Hah, I used to have seven cats, but we gave some away and others died. :'( Now we have three, and I think that one of the remaining three got eaten by an eagle.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Elektrolurch

Horribly cute! I love kittens. ;) But I really hate stupid cats...

An eagle? That must be terrible..
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Torukä Nari

Yeah, she's a good cat. I'm still hoping though... Sky went out the same way that we think Buddy might have. We still have Caly, Steel's sister, and one very old cat by the name of Tiger.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.