pictures of my gat!

Started by Letxuma Swizaw, February 14, 2010, 09:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

yours
Quote30.9 lbs (14.0 kg) (with 29 inch barrel) or 29.7 lbs (13.5 kg) (with 20 inch barrel) (M82A1)

mine
5.4 kg (11.88 lbs) empty, w/. sling, without scope (M24)
7.3 kg (16 lbs) max weight with day optical sigh, sling swivels, carrying strap, fully loaded magazine[1]
5.6 kg (12.32 lbs) empty, w/. sling, without scope (M24A3).

you can keep lugging yours mines a tad lighter
Only mostly AWOL.

bommel

Quote from: tawtewng on June 15, 2010, 02:04:22 PM
yours
Quote30.9 lbs (14.0 kg) (with 29 inch barrel) or 29.7 lbs (13.5 kg) (with 20 inch barrel) (M82A1)

mine
5.4 kg (11.88 lbs) empty, w/. sling, without scope (M24)
7.3 kg (16 lbs) max weight with day optical sigh, sling swivels, carrying strap, fully loaded magazine[1]
5.6 kg (12.32 lbs) empty, w/. sling, without scope (M24A3).

you can keep lugging yours mines a tad lighter

But I can shoot from 2000m and it probably has still more energy than a .44 ;)

Niwantaw

unortuneately it is
Quote57 inches (145 cm) (with 29 inch barrel) or 48 inches (122 cm) (with 20 inch barrel) (M82A1)
long....

compared to
Quote1,092 mm (43 in) (M24A1, M24A2)

so's it's a massive great big unwieldy weapon or  a not quite as big lighter smaller weapon.
(1000M range... okay you get 1800M range but that's unnecessary)
Only mostly AWOL.

Txura Rolyu

why lug it around? you set up and pick off multiple ppl as they line up in your sights. you could get double and triple kills wiht one shot. :( scary how this all could happen... why didnt the RDA do this to piss off the natives?
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

bommel

Quote from: tawtewng on June 15, 2010, 02:28:36 PM
unortuneately it is
Quote57 inches (145 cm) (with 29 inch barrel) or 48 inches (122 cm) (with 20 inch barrel) (M82A1)
long....

compared to
Quote1,092 mm (43 in) (M24A1, M24A2)

so's it's a massive great big unwieldy weapon or  a not quite as big lighter smaller weapon.
(1000M range... okay you get 1800M range but that's unnecessary)
This is a thread about miniguns I don't think we should talk about how heavy it would be to carry :P
This thing is primarily designed for armor piercing applications. If you see a slow motion video of such a little toy you see it's bending all over after shooting - so you'll probably need all that heavy materials ^^

Txura Rolyu

if oyu are human you would have to lug things around. But if you were an Avatar driver the .50cal wouldnt be so heavy anymore. :)

Wish I could be one...
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Niwantaw

you still have to carry it to the position.

and if you're immobile your pretty screwed if they get close

and this is what i was origonaly looking for...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L115A1

only slightly less range and lower power but... It's A) British B) still half the weight

now back to topic
Only mostly AWOL.

bommel

At least you'll become Mr. Muscle by carrying this baby ;)
Quote from: tawtewng on June 15, 2010, 02:38:18 PM
and this is what i was origonaly looking for...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L115A1

only slightly less range and lower power but... It's A) British B) still half the weight
Yeah AWM, I know it. That would be my backup rifle ^^

Txuraeyktan

I'm pulling out all the brakes on this one
Picture this

mixed with this
With the backround music of:
Try and figure out what that equals
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

archaic

Quote from: Tawtewng on June 15, 2010, 02:38:18 PM

It's A) British B) still half the weight

So you like light weight and British?
I give you the SA80 .....

Oh yeah, and C) it's a piece of total c***.
You could get kids toys of this, which were better made than the real thing.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Niwantaw

I respond  to that with the modified version.

The SA 85. just plain better.
and it's not like the M16 was amazingly reliable or something from the word go.
In fact the only gun that was perfectly reliable from the word go was the AK 47
Only mostly AWOL.

archaic

to quote Wikipedia .....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SA80
QuoteThe SA80 gained an initial poor reputation amongst British Soldiers and Royal Marines as being unreliable and fragile, a fact picked up by the UK media,[8] and entertainment industry.[11] The writer and former soldier Andy McNab said in his book Bravo Two Zero, that the British Army procured a "Rolls-Royce in the SA80, albeit a prototype Rolls-Royce".

Immediately after the first Gulf war 1990 (Operation GRANBY), the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) commissioned the LANDSET Report (officially entitled 'Equipment Performance (SA80) During Operation Granby (The Gulf War))', into the effectiveness of the L85A1 IW & L86A1 LSW.[12] This report criticised the acceptance of the weapon into service. Neither weapon had managed to pass the sand trials and both frequently jammed. The mechanism of both weapons required "good" lubrication as the weapon became prone to seizure if fired "dry", yet in sandy condition the lubricated weapon became unreliable due to the lubrication attracting sand into the moving parts. The LANDSET report identified in excess of 50 faults. Most notably the magazine release catch, which could easily be caught on clothing and therefore accidentally release the magazine; the plastic safety plunger which became brittle in cold climates; firing pins that were not up to repeated use and prone to fracture, if used in automatic fire mode. Although this report identified over 50 faults, and some of the rifle's problems were corrected as a result (e.g. the magazine release guard and trigger), modification only addressed 7 of these issues and complaints over reliability in service continued.

As a result, a more extensive modification programme was executed. In 2000, Heckler & Koch, at that time owned by the British small arms manufacturer Royal Ordnance, was contracted to upgrade the SA80 family of weapons. Two hundred thousand SA80s were re-manufactured at a cost of £400 each, producing the A2 variant. Changes focused primarily on improving reliability and include: a redesigned cocking handle, modified bolt, extractor and a redesigned hammer assembly that produces a slight delay in the hammer's operation in continuous fire mode, improving reliability and stability. There were equivalent LSW and Carbine modifications.[8] The British Ministry of Defence describes the L85A2 revision as "modified in light of operational experience... the most reliable weapons of their type in the world".[13] Army trials indicated extremely good reliability over a range of climates for various operational scenarios, though with a decline in reliability in hot, and especially hot and dry conditions.[14].

The modified A2 variants are distinguished by the 'HK A2' marking on the top of the weapon just forward of the buttplate, and the distinctive comma shaped cocking handle (shaped to aid the ejection of the empty round casing and prevent stoppages). A higher quality HK steel STANAG 4179 magazine is now used.
(£400 x 200 000 = £80 000 000)
Last I heard, was that the HK remanufactured weapons were with drawn after six months, as they were still total c***, but I've never had it confirmed.

Niwantaw

And the M16 was so crap that the Vietcong refused to use them. So go get off your f***ing high horse.

There is no perfect gun in the world but the L85A2 is pretty damn reliable. And so what if they are expensive? better expensive and well built than some cheap s***. (apart from AKs which probably come near the top of the list of assault rifles)

and the A) its british comes from me being british. And TBH... H&K are THE best gun manufactures in the world. I'm pretty damn sure they fixed it.
Only mostly AWOL.

archaic

Soz, I'm not trying to troll here, and I do not mean to soundlike I'm on my high horse.
I didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with being British, nothing wrong with a bit of national pride either, and you're right, the first generation M16 was a piece of junk.
I heard that the 'viets refused to use it to.
But the SAS use the C8 (an evolution of the M16) in preference to an SA80 derivative. What does that tell you?
I believe UK has spent roughly half a billion pounds (iro US$800 000 000) on their SA80's, (roughly 330 000 of them) I make that just under £1500 each.
How much is an AK47 if bought in large numbers?
How much is a C8 if bought in large numbers?
How much is a G36 if bought in large numbers?
How much is an F2000 if bought in large numbers?

Niwantaw

That the SAS prefer a bigger gun.
Where the hell did all this come from anyway I was on about the sniper rifle
Only mostly AWOL.

archaic

Dang, I wasn't going to double post, so I amended the post instead.
Your status showed you 'off line'.

Yes I hear the sniper riffle is better than the assault riffle, but talk to any ex service personnel who have experience with it, especially in theater experience, they all say the exact same things, or just won't comment at all.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Txur Niftxavang

Yes, yes... I know I used Wiki for this, but it lays down what I would have otherwise had to explain...  This is the MWS that the USMC uses, for just about anything, and everything that involves small arms. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Niwantaw

Quote from: archaic on August 22, 2010, 02:21:43 PM
Dang, I wasn't going to double post, so I amended the post instead.
Your status showed you 'off line'.

Yes I hear the sniper riffle is better than the assault riffle, but talk to any ex service personnel who have experience with it, especially in theater experience, they all say the exact same things, or just won't comment at all.
The sniper from what I hear is that it's fantastic  with only a few little problems but out of the squad level snipers is among the best.
The SVD I'll admit is what I seem to use in 90% of games... But I dunno what it's supposed to be like in RL.
Only mostly AWOL.

archaic

Talk to your Brit ex GI's, SVD is the best in RL.
Brit army, few in numbers, but they are the best, well except maybe the Ghurka's.
Best soldiers, best fighters, but equipment not as good as the men.
If there was more of them, and they were better equipped, you damn limeys could have a global empire that ..... oh, you did.

Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on August 22, 2010, 03:46:30 PM
I hope nobody's done this already:
http://www.teamfortress.com/heavy.htm
and
http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper.htm
http://www.teamfortress.com/sandvich.htm