Short YT video

Started by Plumps, February 06, 2017, 06:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Can't wait to check this out after work :D

I love what you're doing with your channel. It is basically what I once had hoped to do with mine. But I can't do all the things I want to do at once. I'm so glad to see more videos on YT about Na'vi. :)

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

Plumps

Quote from: Toliman on February 28, 2017, 02:51:39 PM
Nice video :) Good work again :)

Thank you so much. :)

I know it's nothing new and some will probably get bored hearing the same stuff over and over again. But I hope it'll be useful some day.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 28, 2017, 02:53:47 PM
Can't wait to check this out after work :D

I love what you're doing with your channel. It is basically what I once had hoped to do with mine. But I can't do all the things I want to do at once. I'm so glad to see more videos on YT about Na'vi. :)

Hope I could live up to the expectation, ma Tirea :) :P

I assumed as much that you wanted to do that. But you know, it's never too late ;) Hopefully we will get to a point where there is a small but significant YT community. I'd love to see that.

Plumps

For those of you who have not been notified or haven't subscribed yet (why is that exactly? :-\;D

The next vid is up:

https://youtu.be/OO7mrHh4ThU

Hope you enjoy :)

Eana Unil

Quote from: Plumps on March 05, 2017, 03:44:03 PM
Hope you enjoy :)
I sure did! :D It was a lot of fun, but also very helpful again. Tìvusari irayo! :)

Toliman

As I wrote yesterday on Discord, it's again wonderful :) :)

eejmensenikbenhet

Very nice again, ma Plumps! Even though I think I still know all/most of the rules, it's good to get a refresher :P
And hey! Another Jazza fan!

Plumps

Quote from: Eana Unil on March 05, 2017, 04:39:08 PMI sure did! :D It was a lot of fun, but also very helpful again. Tìvusari irayo! :)

Glad you liked it! Thanks :)

Quote from: Toliman on March 06, 2017, 12:06:09 AM
As I wrote yesterday on Discord, it's again wonderful :) :)

Again, thank you so much! :) It really helps when I know that people watch it and it is actually helpful.

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on March 06, 2017, 03:50:36 AM
Very nice again, ma Plumps! Even though I think I still know all/most of the rules, it's good to get a refresher :P
And hey! Another Jazza fan!

Sure, it's also thought that way. ;) Maybe way in the future people who've seen Avatar 2 will be interested and then they have something to find ;)

And yeah, Jazza for the win :D

Sbibeau

Ma (Karyu) Plumps,
These are wonderful. Something for everyone. As a newbie, I found them very easy to follow. Not too slow, not too fast. Maybe it helps that you are multi-lingual (an assumption). I enjoy that you limited the linguistic terms except where necessary for clarity. The videos are not too long. I cannot thank you enough. All of you here in this community work so hard to make it successful. It is inspiring. All the while some people come and go, others are awaiting the next movie. There will be lots of useful resources for the next wave who come thru looking to learn this beautiful language.
Again thank you.

Shelley

Plumps

Kaltxì ma Shelley,

now I've got a profile to the name ;)

Thank you so much for the high praise! :-[ :-[ :-[ I do my very best and it makes me happy that people enjoy them and can make use of them. It should be fun and not stoic lecture like talk (although some people enjoy that too, apparently :P )

I've noticed that beginners can be thrown off by linguistic terminology and while it makes it easier in the long run to quickly talk about one thing it can be off-putting to people, so I got used to describing e.g. the endings by just T, L, R, etc.  :-\ I still have to figure out how to approach a video on transitive verbs (i.e. that require L and T) :-\

Well, not mult-lingual ;) just my native tongue German and English fairly well (you'd be the judge of that :P ). A bit of knowledge of Irish and Swedish comes into the mix.

Thanks again. If you have suggestions or ideas what I should/can talk about next, don't hesitate to let me know. There is a lot to cover still but it's easy to drift into advanced topics too quickly. ;)

I hope I can live up to the expectation :D

Plumps

Next one is up ... with a bit of delay, sorry about that

https://youtu.be/onEdE160308

And I worked a bit on the custom made thumbnailes to give it a consistant look. What do y'all think?

Toliman

As I already wrote on Discord, it's again excellent :) As always :)

Plumps

And I thank you for the kind words! :)
So glad that they still help and are enjoyable for people.

Eana Unil

Again excellent work, ma 'eylan :) As for thumbnails, I think that's a great idea.

Vawmataw

I like the ''Back to basics'' lol
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Plumps

Quote from: Eana Unil on March 20, 2017, 03:46:38 PM
Again excellent work, ma 'eylan :) As for thumbnails, I think that's a great idea.

Thanks, as always, ma 'eylan :)

Quote from: Vawmataw on March 20, 2017, 04:18:14 PM
I like the ''Back to basics'' lol

Yeah, with this loose concept of explaining grammar points but without a hard-fast schedule I thought it was appropriate. Usually lenition is a topic that you start with at the beginning, right? ;)

Plumps

Next one is out :)

This one is about questions

https://youtu.be/t3zAx1oq-2U

Toliman

Excellent again :D

Quote from: Plumps on March 26, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
How many others we can expect? :)

Plumps

Quote from: Toliman on March 26, 2017, 12:13:04 PM
Excellent again :D

Quote from: Plumps on March 26, 2017, 11:52:19 AM
How many others we can expect? :)

Thank you so much :)

Uhm, as many as I'm in the mood for ;) and as many as there is material to talk about, really. :)

Toliman

Txantsan nìwotx nìngay nìmun :) :)

QuoteKetsukspaw. Sänumvi akinä nìngay srak?
Srane ;D Sänumvi akinä li :)
Sìlpey oe tsnì tsa'u ke livu tora sänumvi.