Infix list

Started by Antony, December 24, 2009, 06:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abraleth

Quote from: umängam fra'uti on December 24, 2009, 04:31:08 PM
Tense (First position)...
Past proximate<ìm>Oe t<ìm>ronI was just hunting

The past proximate would be I hunted, because it is a completed action. That's why it's t<ìm>aron, not t<ì<r>m>aron.

Quote from: umängam fra'uti on December 24, 2009, 04:31:08 PM
Aspect (First position)...
Imperfective<er>Oe t<er>aronI was hunting
Perfective<ol>Oe t<ol>aronI hunted

Just want to point out that t<er>aron and t<ol>aron don't have subjects. They act as participles (correct me if I'm wrong): The imperfective form t<er>aron acts as the present participle (hunting), and the perfective form t<ol>aron acts as the past participle (hunted).

Add the "a's" like Beduino said, and it's fine as far as I can see.  :)
Ngal Na'viti plltxe tsun srak?
Ngari si nìwoti neu, slä sngä'ike tì'ekoti ne tuteri alahe tìrey fu aytsat amuiä.

wm.annis

Quote from: Abraleth on December 25, 2009, 09:16:55 PM
The past proximate would be I hunted, because it is a completed action. That's why it's t<ìm>aron, not t<ì<r>m>aron.

You are mixing aspect and tense here.  "I was just hunting" is fine absent specific aspect markers.

QuoteJust want to point out that t<er>aron and t<ol>aron don't have subjects. They act as participles (correct me if I'm wrong):

They do not.  Sorry.  :)  The brief translations Frommer gave were just tense/aspect guides... otherwise everything is a participle.

Frommer has mentioned participles in his public comments, but hasn't revealed them to us.