<awn>?

Started by Ngawng, November 26, 2011, 06:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ngawng

What is <awn> I don't even?

Gotta brush up on my Na'vi and this infix...I am completely blank on it :(

Also...I would like to know how to announce that I am intoxicated in Na'vi. Because when I've had a few drinks I get much more confident with my spoken Na'vi  :P loosens my ftxì HRH

Irayo ta NgNg

29.f.australia

Nyx

It turns a verb into an adjective. If we go with the standard example taron (to hunt), with <awn> it becomes tawnaron, hunted, as in "that is a hunted yerik". For hunting, as in "that is a hunting palulukan", again an adjective, you use <us> instead of <awn>. The difference is in active vs passive, that is, who is doing something and who is having something done to them, but with adjectives. Am I confusing you more?

Tanri

A little notice about those <awn> and <us> infixes:
They create adjective from a verb, but this so called "participles" cannot be used freely, unlike full featured adjectives.
They must be used only with attributive -a-, for example: "yerik atawnaron" - "hunted yerik", not "yerik lu tawnaron".
The only exceptions from this rule are the participles, that are listed in the dictionary as ordinary adjectives (rusey, kerusey). They can be used with "lu".

Another examples with participles:
"vrrtep avawne'kì" - hated (odious) daemon
"fawnewia smar" - chased (pursued) prey
"swizaw atswusayon" - flying arrow
"sluselea ioang" - swimming animal
"ayskxawng awätuse" - quarreling morons (not sure about this particular meaning ;D)

Edit: About the "pleasurable intoxication" - I don't know yet much words about this, no verbs and two nouns only - eltungawng (worm that contains halucinogen), and kava (unofficial word from story by Tirea Aean and Alyara Arati).
Maybe "rä'ä pawm oer, eltungawng fyawerìntxu ronsemur oeyä", or "ngäng oeyä slele sìn pay, nìlam oel noläk kavati nìhawng" ;)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Carborundum

Quote from: Tanri on November 26, 2011, 08:30:33 AM

"aylì'u atsawnìsyì" - whispered words

Note that passive participles of intransitive verbs are not confirmed as legal.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Tanri

Irayo si ma Carborundum, skxawng lu oe.
replaced...
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Plumps

Quote from: Ngawng on November 26, 2011, 06:54:43 AM
Also...I would like to know how to announce that I am intoxicated in Na'vi. Because when I've had a few drinks I get much more confident with my spoken Na'vi  :P loosens my ftxì HRH

leiu oeru yayayr nìnäk ???

we could argue about the infix though ;D – I'd just assumed that fko 'efu nitram once you've drunken enough :P

Ngawng

Quote from: Nyx on November 26, 2011, 07:33:21 AM
It turns a verb into an adjective. If we go with the standard example taron (to hunt), with <awn> it becomes tawnaron, hunted, as in "that is a hunted yerik". For hunting, as in "that is a hunting palulukan", again an adjective, you use <us> instead of <awn>. The difference is in active vs passive, that is, who is doing something and who is having something done to them, but with adjectives. Am I confusing you more?
Not at all, ma Nyx, this is making a lot of sense to me :)

Quote from: Tanri on November 26, 2011, 08:30:33 AM
Maybe "rä'ä pawm oer, eltungawng fyawerìntxu ronsemur oeyä", or "ngäng oeyä slele sìn pay, nìlam oel noläk kavati nìhawng" ;)
HRHRHRH Brilliant! :D

Quote from: Plumps on November 26, 2011, 08:20:43 PM
leiu oeru yayayr nìnäk ???
we could argue about the infix though ;D – I'd just assumed that fko 'efu nitram once you've drunken enough :P

Hehe thanks that's awesome! Nice drinking confusion is a good way to describe it...vaykrr fkol noläk nìhawng! Tsakrr fko 'efu spxin nìtxan nì'aw. Ma evi, näk txumit rä'ä! :o

29.f.australia

Blue Elf

Ma evi, rä'ä näk txumit !
Negation particle must always stand before the verb it negates
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Ngawng

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 28, 2011, 02:22:32 AM
Ma evi, rä'ä näk txumit !
Negation particle must always stand before the verb it negates
Oh! Thanks

29.f.australia