Learn Na'vi > Prefixes, Infixes and Suffixes

Practise.

(1/5) > >>

Swoka Tsamsiyu:
Kaltxì frapo,
I've been tinkering with the infixes and made a little exercise. Please commend if I did it right and if not so what's wrong and why. This way it's easier for me to grasp certain things... :D I took the root word "yom" - eat. If I'm correct there's no il- it thing involved here, so no "oel". Or am I wrong?

Oe y<aly>om (I know there cannot be 2 "y"s)
I will have eaten

Oe y<ary>om
I will be eating

Oe y<ìly>om
I will soon have eaten

Oe y<ìry>om
I will soon be eating

Oe y<ìrm>yom (I wasn't sure to take out the "y" in yom, I think it needs to go but I am not sure of that)
I was just eating

Oe y<ìlm>yom (same as the last one)
I have just eaten

Oe y<arm>yom (same as the last one)
I was eating

Oe y<alm>yom (same as the last one)
I had eaten

Irayo for any help!

Tìtstewan:
Kaltxì

--- Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on February 12, 2013, 05:42:26 am ---Oe y<aly>om (I know there cannot be 2 "y"s)
I will have eaten

Oe y<ary>om
I will be eating

Oe y<ìly>om
I will soon have eaten

Oe y<ìry>om
I will soon be eating
--- End quote ---
So it would be correct.


--- Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on February 12, 2013, 05:42:26 am ---Oe y<ìrm>yom (I wasn't sure to take out the "y" in yom, I think it needs to go but I am not sure of that)
I was just eating

Oe y<ìlm>yom (same as the last one)
I have just eaten

Oe y<arm>yom (same as the last one)
I was eating

Oe y<alm>yom (same as the last one)
I had eaten
--- End quote ---
Why do you write 'y' twice?

Oe y<ìrm>om
I was just eating

Oe y<ìlm>om
I have just eaten

Oe y<arm>om
I was eating

Oe y<alm>om
I had eaten


--- Quote from: Swoka Tsamsiyu on February 12, 2013, 05:42:26 am ---If I'm correct there's no il- it thing involved here, so no "oel". Or am I wrong?
--- End quote ---
'Who is doing what with whom' :)

The Yerik hearing us. => ayyerikìl awngati stawm
We hearing the Yerik => ayyerikit awngal stawm

Swoka Tsamsiyu:
Kaltxì ma Tìtstewan,
Irayo for the input. This will help. I already suspected in the bottom half of the words that the "y" needed to go but wasn't sure of it. No I know that my gut feeling was right ;D

Tìtstewan:
Nìprrte'

You just have to look in the dictionary to the 'point' in a word:
yom: [j·om] PF vtr. eat
--> y<infix>om
 ;) ;)

Tirea Aean:
Late to say all the things Tìtstewan has said.

yeah, a rule of thumb is never delete letters which are from the root word. And "yy" is fine for example in ayyerik (ay+ yerik). And in cases like si + <ei> a y is inserted to prevent two "i" in a row (ii) *seii -> seiyi. Therefore, no part of any infix, and no part of any root can be desstroyed or deleted. The only time this happens is when you have a verb containing ll or rr, like plltxe or frrfen. plltxe + <ol> = *pollltxe -> poltxe, frrfen + <er> = *ferrrfen -> frrfen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version