Learn Na'vi > Prefixes, Infixes and Suffixes

Discussion on fray+

<< < (6/6)

Plumps:

--- Quote from: Kemaweyan on July 23, 2014, 09:34:18 am ---Probably you're right. This would be an answer why Pawl translated fray+ as "all of" rather than just "all". And probably for "all the water" we should use nìwotx.
--- End quote ---

I’d also use this solution ;)

Tìtstewan:
Ok, I see what I did here, and I do agree with the solution of "all of X / all". Ngaytxoa. :S

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
But is there any difference between 'all of' and 'all'? I think they differ more in English than anywhere else.

Fray+ may get away from the prohibition on using ay+ on uncountable nouns, by being a single entity that just happens to end in /ay/.

Ma Tirea Aean, I have experienced the same thread manipulation issues you have in the Dothraki forums. It must be a 'feature' of SMF.

Kemaweyan:

--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 23, 2014, 08:55:07 pm ---But is there any difference between 'all of' and 'all'? I think they differ more in English than anywhere else.

--- End quote ---

There is different usage. we can't say "all of the water", but can say "all the water". So there is a bit different meaning. Actually fray+ could mean "all of" only but "all" can't...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version