Switching a word through prefixes

Started by txur txe'lante, December 31, 2009, 01:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txur txe'lante

Kaltxi
I dont understand how I can make the words as the or of and things like that I know you use prefixes such as ri for topical things and what does dative and all of those other things mean I feel pretty behind not knowing all of this but I just dont get how that works. Also how come there are different words for the same word?
Such as song
way is song
so is tirol
how does that work
someone please help

irayo

omumyu

-the words "the" and "a" do not exist
-there can be multiple words that mean the same thing.  you can use either one
-check the download section on the homepage.  those documents should answer a lot of your questions.

Don't get too worried lol.  You aren't that far behind.

Taw sì Syal

Kaltì...
Okay so talking about suffixes. The dative suffix (-ru) is attached to the end of a noun to mark that it is the recipient of something, be that an action or an object etc. For example: Eytucan-l Neytiri-ru tsko-ti tolìng (Eytucan gave the bow to Neytiri)    Neytiri would have the -ru suffix attached because she recieved the bow from Eytucan. The genitive suffix (-yä) is attached to a noun to show that that noun has possession over something else, such as: Amhul-yä ikran (Amhul's banshee). The other suffixes (-ri, -l, and -ti) are a bit trickier to understand, but here's a helpful link for basic understanding of prefixes, suffixes, and infixes: http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=353.15
Hope this helps, good luck!
Oe ngahu tswayeion

txur txe'lante

thank you that actually helped quite a bit Im on my way to view those links now! so ya is like 's in Inglisi right?

Taw sì Syal

Srane, such as Tsu' Tey's spear or Jake's ikran; you'll be getting the hang of it fast!
Oe ngahu tswayeion

Txur’Itan

Quote from: taw sì syal on January 01, 2010, 03:00:05 PM
Kaltì...
Okay so talking about suffixes. The dative suffix (-ru) is attached to the end of a noun to mark that it is the recipient of something, be that an action or an object etc. For example: Eytucan-l Neytiri-ru tsko-ti tolìng (Eytucan gave the bow to Neytiri)    Neytiri would have the -ru suffix attached because she recieved the bow from Eytucan. The genitive suffix (-yä) is attached to a noun to show that that noun has possession over something else, such as: Amhul-yä ikran (Amhul's banshee). The other suffixes (-ri, -l, and -ti) are a bit trickier to understand, but here's a helpful link for basic understanding of prefixes, suffixes, and infixes: http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=353.15
Hope this helps, good luck!

This information is being updated here, that thread has been considered somewhat obsolete by the moderators.

You can find infixes by searching for them under infix in this dictionary.

http://www.learnnavi.org/docs/Navi-English-Dictionary.pdf
私は太った男だ。

Taronyu

As mentioned elsewhere, see the link in my signature, as it is better updated.

Taw sì Syal

My bad guys, sorry about the outdated link!
Oe ngahu tswayeion