Transforming words.

Started by Is., December 27, 2009, 08:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is.

Could some please please post a list of the prefixes (alternatively suffixes) which transform X into an X? Nouns into adjectives, verbs into nouns, adjectives into abstract nouns, etc etc. For example, if I want to know the verb "to forgive" but only have the noun "txoa" - forgiveness, is there a way to use a prefix to transform it?

I'd be much appreciated.

Eywayä mokri

I think you can find the majority of them on the latest version of the compendium. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Is.

Hello!

Do you mean the compendium by Quentin Martinez by or the Pocket-guide by Amawey? (I presume the latter... I'll go through the entire thing again, maybe I haven't seen some of the updates.)

Edit: Ah, yes. "Changing parts of Speech"-section! So "You'll soon be forgiven" might be:  Nga-ru ye'rìn txoa s<ay>i. (Lit. you'll recieve an act [doing] of forgiveness soon?) Perhaps?  :)

Is.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Is. on December 27, 2009, 09:33:28 AM
Hello!

Do you mean the compendium by Quentin Martinez by or the Pocket-guide by Amawey? (I presume the latter... I'll go through the entire thing again, maybe I haven't seen some of the updates.)

Edit: Ah, yes. "Changing parts of Speech"-section! So "You'll soon be forgiven" might be:  Nga-ru ye'rìn txoa s<ay>i. (Lit. you'll recieve an act [doing] of forgiveness soon?) Perhaps?  :)

Updates should be incomming here I think...

http://www.learnnavi.org/navi-grammar/
私は太った男だ。

Eywayä mokri

Yep Is., I meant that compendium.

But you should look on the forum, the versions are up-to-date. On the website they are not. Seabass doesn't update each file each day so it's better to look at the versions on the forum. :)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Eywa mokriyä on December 27, 2009, 12:47:59 PM
Yep Is., I meant that compendium.

But you should look on the forum, the versions are up-to-date. On the website they are not. Seabass doesn't update each file each day so it's better to look at the versions on the forum. :)

I definitely get that, it is just a bit terse sifting through these threads.

Once things are settled, consolidation makes learning more efficient and more user friendly.
私は太った男だ。

Eywayä mokri

You'll find all the useful documents, with their latest versions here anyway:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=117.0