Learn Na'vi > Project NgayNume

Project NgayNume II: What Do You Want it To Be?

(1/4) > >>

Kekerusey:
OK,

Some very good ideas have been posted in the threads ...

* Ideas For A Standardised Navi(Certification)
* Proposals For Project NgayNume II
... and Tirea and I have been throwing some basic ideas around.

Now we want to know ... well I suppose we want to know if there's really any interest but yeah, if there is we need some ideas. Project NgayNume is already established, in our community well-known (even reaching beyond that), and because of that we have to ask some questions:

* Should the new version of "Project NgayNume" be called "Project NagyNume II" or something else?
* If you voted something else, should the new project have a Na'vi (e.g. "Tìkangkemvi NgayNume"), an English (e.g. "Project TrueLearn") or a hybrid name (e.g. "Project NagyNume" or "Tìkangkemvi NgayNume (Project TrueLearn)")?
* Do you like (approve of) any of the following?

* "Na’viyȁ Numeyu (Na’vi Student)"
* "Tìkangkemvi NgayNume (Project TrueLearn)"
* "Project NgayNume"
* "Project NgayNume II"
* "Project Atan"
* "Eywayä Aynumeyu (Eywa's Students)"
* Other (make a suggestion)?
Please can anyone interested answer the above, perhaps even throw any ideas in (keeping them relevant at this level)?

Bear in mind this isn't like the other two threads ... this is really aimed at establishing a kind of identity for the project and we hope to build on that anf fold in some of the ideas highlighted in the threads referenced above (and more I hope).

Keke

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä:
In keeping with the philosophy this project has always had (even though I myself have not participated), I really like Tìkangkemvi NgayNume (mune) This identifies the project with only Na'vi (and helps break the very strong association of Na'vi with English), as a learning project, and (with the mune) as the second incantation of this project.

Tirea Aean:

--- Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 10, 2012, 03:21:11 pm ---In keeping with the philosophy this project has always had (even though I myself have not participated), I really like Tìkangkemvi NgayNume (mune) This identifies the project with only Na'vi (and helps break the very strong association of Na'vi with English), as a learning project, and (with the mune) as the second incantation of this project.

--- End quote ---

Good points. I can agree with this. This though yet again is a mouthful. Perhaps let's find a clever abbreviation if we decide on this name.

Alyara Arati:
NgayNume TM (Tìkangkemvi aMune) ?

I personally like the name NgayNume, and if some beginners say it un-guy-new-may in their heads, that's where gentle correction comes in, right?

However, I think abbreviating Tìkangkemvi (if you decide to go with that) is a good idea, because to me it looks long and somewhat intimidating.

EDIT: oops, forgot to capitalize the second N.

Tirea Aean:
Hehe almost looks like NgayNume™ :D

What if it were simply "NgayNume"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version