• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
Re: IDEAS
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2010, 02:49:10 pm »
I'd love to work with some Skype groups  ;D I'm a complete beginner though I only know a few words from the movie and the pronunciations OTL

this is good. This will certainly help you. now the thing about skype groups is that it might be a good idea to leave group size down to about 4 or 5 per conference call. for larger than that, I prefer Teamspeak, for technical reasons.

So when is the next one? or is that not yet known?

kelku ikranä a hawnventi yom podcast (na'vi-only): https://tirearadio.com/podcast
Learn Na'vi Discord Chat: https://discord.gg/WF6qcmv

Offline Eyamsiyu

• Palulukan Makto
  • Kaltxì.
    • Facebook - Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2010, 02:59:09 pm »
I would like to as well, since apparently I do not learn well enough in large groups or by myself.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Offline Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

• Palulukan Makto
  • Mowana tsamsiyu aean alu Tsyeyk <3
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2010, 11:16:54 pm »
I'd love to work with some Skype groups  ;D I'm a complete beginner though I only know a few words from the movie and the pronunciations OTL

This is good. This will certainly help you. now the thing about skype groups is that it might be a good idea to leave group size down to about 4 or 5 per conference call. for larger than that, I prefer Teamspeak, for technical reasons.

So when is the next one? or is that not yet known?

It is not known yet, oeru txoa livu :( I can say that it won't be at least until after Dec. 12 when I'm on Christmas break. I have way too much going on right now to add an extra group time outside of PNgN. But I will post to my FB and here in the PNgN board as soon as I know when I'll have time for another group. I'm glad to see there's so much interest! :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Offline 'Oma Tirea

• Palulukan Makto
  • Na'vi... sleru... rusti...
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2010, 10:50:27 pm »
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:21 pm »
Hmm.. Peu lu fì'u?

That is a learning project completely unrelated to Project NgayNume. my participation in that is irrelevant as that of KS from here as well. it is just somehting extra we are doing on the side...

really, to answer you, read post 1 of that thead. that should give you an idea of what its about.

It actually may be a precursur to project atan. more on that after my conclusion of project ngaynume...im thinking of testing my veterans and collecting data via survey. upon analyzing data, I will post it and conclude the project and then begin project atan. but of course, ngaynume MAY or may not live on, depending on demand. No further details about atan until later. stay tuned. ;D

kelku ikranä a hawnventi yom podcast (na'vi-only): https://tirearadio.com/podcast

• Palulukan Makto
    • Facebook
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2010, 12:04:47 am »
Hmm.. Peu lu fì'u?

That is a learning project completely unrelated to Project NgayNume. my participation in that is irrelevant as that of KS from here as well. it is just somehting extra we are doing on the side...

really, to answer you, read post 1 of that thead. that should give you an idea of what its about.

It actually may be a precursur to project atan. more on that after my conclusion of project ngaynume...im thinking of testing my veterans and collecting data via survey. upon analyzing data, I will post it and conclude the project and then begin project atan. but of course, ngaynume MAY or may not live on, depending on demand. No further details about atan until later. stay tuned. ;D

HUH???!?!?!?! Ok I just looked at that link and read Tirea's post and I have never been more confused. Neytiri Project? PNgN ending? Project Atan? Say whaaaaatttt?????

-Txonä Rolyu

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2010, 12:53:56 am »
Hmm.. Peu lu fì'u?

HUH???!?!?!?! Ok I just looked at that link and read Tirea's post and I have never been more confused. Neytiri Project? PNgN ending? Project Atan? Say whaaaaatttt?????

-Txonä Rolyu

Ok. as for Sxkxawng alu LNPhonetician's link: the Neytiri project is not related or part of Project NgayNume. thats that. it is what it is. read that thread to understand more about it. become a teacher if you want. whatever.

now as you may know, Project NgayNume is an experiment. I want to soon collect the data, come to a conclusion, publish the results, and be done with it. BUT!! if there is enough demand, I will just keep it going...

Project Atan is my next Na'vi learning project. more on that much later.

im not sure what is so confusing...

• Palulukan Makto
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2010, 01:17:31 am »
Hmm.. Peu lu fì'u?

-Txonä Rolyu

Ok. as for Sxkxawng alu LNPhonetician's link: the Neytiri project is not related or part of Project NgayNume. thats that. it is what it is. read that thread to understand more about it. become a teacher if you want. whatever.

now as you may know, Project NgayNume is an experiment. I want to soon collect the data, come to a conclusion, publish the results, and be done with it. BUT!! if there is enough demand, I will just keep it going...

Project Atan is my next Na'vi learning project. more on that much later.

im not sure what is so confusing...

Sorry, I shouldn't read this stuff at 11pm after drinking lol. I know The Neytiri Project was totally separate from PNgN. I knew PNgN was an experiment, but I didn't know you had something else up your sleeve and were going to conclude PNgN. Sorry for my semi-drunken little flip-out there lol.

-Txonä Rolyu

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2010, 01:31:13 am »
actually, come to think of it, I won't implement P. Atan for a WHILE...

only recently did Seze buy projectngaynume.com for us... it would be pretty lame to just pull the plug too soon. plus, i need/want more data.

This winter break, I want to plan things out very concisely compared to NgN's past of many unknowns and impromptuness...Lesson plans and a curriculum. KS members, I value your input on this. Lets get together sometime and devise a curriculum of lesson plans AHEAD of time for the next NgayNume launch. we can do some of that chatting in the KS lounge thread.

OH could everyone do me a favor and As extremely honestly, brutally honestly give your thoughts on the progress of the project in the FEEDBACK thread? then after that, come back in here and post what you would change to make PNgN better.

irayo seiyi nìtxan to those who do this for me ;D

• Palulukan Makto
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2010, 02:25:59 pm »
actually, come to think of it, I won't implement P. Atan for a WHILE...

only recently did Seze buy projectngaynume.com for us... it would be pretty lame to just pull the plug too soon. plus, i need/want more data.

This winter break, I want to plan things out very concisely compared to NgN's past of many unknowns and impromptuness...Lesson plans and a curriculum. KS members, I value your input on this. Lets get together sometime and devise a curriculum of lesson plans AHEAD of time for the next NgayNume launch. we can do some of that chatting in the KS lounge thread.

OH could everyone do me a favor and As extremely honestly, brutally honestly give your thoughts on the
progress of the project in the FEEDBACK thread? the after that, come back in here and post what you would change to make PNgN better.

irayo seiyi nìtxan to those who do this for me ;D

Whoa Seze bought that site for us? Holy cheese I thought he created it himself! That's awesome. If you  do implement Project Atan, perhaps the current PNgN site could be edited to become a Project Atan site...would that be possible?

-Txonä Rolyu

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2010, 03:27:41 pm »
Well of course!! He DID create and design that. Don't u kno he had to purchase the domain names? He did the same for Tirea Radio... XD

Offline Eyamsiyu

• Palulukan Makto
  • Kaltxì.
« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2010, 03:29:06 pm »
Well of course!! He DID create and design that. Don't u kno he had to purchase the domain names? He did the same for Tirea Radio... XD

That's honestly a very generous thing that he did, too.

As an off-topic thing, I may have to start buying some domain names myself for a project I'll be working on...

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »
Yes. Seze has been VERY generous, helpful and kind to me. Such a great guy.

So back on topic then eh?

Put ideas for ngaynume in this thread.

• Palulukan Makto
    • Facebook
« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2010, 03:36:07 pm »

No I didn't know he had to buy domain names. That was nice of him :) [/off topic]

-Txonä Rolyu

Offline Eyamsiyu

• Palulukan Makto
  • Kaltxì.
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2010, 03:54:52 pm »
Before I speak, it has been a while since I've checked the ideas thread and so on, and what I say may reflect my lack of being here.

I believe we need a person to set out and make worksheets for evert week/lesson or so on.  IDK if it is really the most effective way, but I remember having used workbooks in language classes in high school, and I figure "What's so bad about that?"

I could possibly head that if I need to.  Since I chill out in the Level 1 classes, I would start there and make some worksheets.

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2010, 05:00:59 pm »
Before I speak, it has been a while since I've checked the ideas thread and so on, and what I say may reflect my lack of being here.

I believe we need a person to set out and make worksheets for evert week/lesson or so on.  IDK if it is really the most effective way, but I remember having used workbooks in language classes in high school, and I figure "What's so bad about that?"

I could possibly head that if I need to.  Since I chill out in the Level 1 classes, I would start there and make some worksheets.

definately dude! thats a good idea. just please run them by me before you go to use them. Thanks man! OH and keep the 3 cores in mind. ;)

Offline Eyamsiyu

• Palulukan Makto
  • Kaltxì.
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2010, 05:34:10 pm »
So with a bit of discussion, this is what will be done about this (and also for my benefit to write this somewhere to remember)

• There will be a set amount of worksheets for each lesson/unit.
• Every 3-5 lessons, there will be a small "exam" to review everything that the student will have learned
• All these exams will be cumulative, meaning they will have material from previous "units" as well (I'm debating doing this with worksheets, which will anyway, but also with a bit of blatancy to it).
• There will be a final test where everything learned will be tested.  It shouldn't be hard if everything before it is learned cumulatively.

It may be a while, but I will be releasing the first couple of worksheets and maybe the first exam (for Level 1, for now) by the end of December.  A little Christmas present, if you will. ;)

Offline Nusumea Tirea

• 'Eveng
  • Eywa ngahu
« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2010, 11:48:08 pm »
What do you think about a 'Seed of Language' Lesson to go along with every worksheet for the vocabulary?

Offline Tirea Aean

• The Blue One
  • Olo'eyktan Anawm
  • Palulukan Makto
  • nv Eywa'eveng
  • Oeri ran lu srung
    • Tirea Aean
« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2010, 11:49:41 pm »
What do you think about a 'Seed of Language' Lesson to go along with every worksheet for the vocabulary?

I really like that as well. if possible.

Offline Eyamsiyu

• Palulukan Makto
  • Kaltxì.
« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2010, 11:53:12 pm »

That would actually be excellent, IMO.

Nusumea, do you know if you will have time alter today to talk about this?  As it is 1AM where I am, I need to sleep, so I'll discuss how we want to do this in a bit.

Become LearnNavi's friend on Facebook Follow LearnNavi on Twitter! Watch LearnNavi's videos on YouTube

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy
| XHTML | RSS | WAP2 | Site Rules

LearnNavi is not affiliated with the official Avatar website,
James Cameron, LightStorm Entertainment or The Walt Disney Company.
All trademarks and servicemarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Images in the LearnNavi.org Forums and Gallery may not be used without permission.

LearnNavi Affiliates:
ToS

LearnNavi is the community to learn Na'vi, the Avatar Language
"A place where real friendships are made." -Paul Frommer

AvatarMeet | Learn Na'vi Forum | Learn Na'vi Wiki | Na'viteri

LearnNavi