*UPDATED* - Avatray 0.3.4 - A tray launcher for your Na'vi stuff...

Started by Swoka Ikran, December 19, 2010, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsufätu Ayioangä

If I download this on a computer will it effect all Accounts on the computer or just the one I download it on?

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on January 20, 2011, 06:44:54 PM
If I download this on a computer will it effect all Accounts on the computer or just the one I download it on?
It depends on where you put it. If it's sitting on your account's desktop, it'll be accessible only by that account. Put it in a global space like Program Files, and anyone can access it (create shortcuts to it for the users who should have access).

Each copy of the program has its own config file though, so each user can have their own settings if you don't mind having multiple copies of the program. The only exception to this is the "Run at startup" option, which only affects the user that's logged in at the time it's turned on.

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 20, 2011, 05:33:51 PM
I'm using my portion of the Skxawng.lu site to make a kind of Avatar download directory, and was wondering if I could use Avatray in the directory?
Sure. I'd prefer you link to this topic for the download though, since I update frequently.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 20, 2011, 08:24:40 PM
It's linked to on my site now:

En.S.L Downloads
Looks good to me.

Out of curiosity, do you need any help with the website? I'd be happy to help...

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

guest2859

I'm trying to figure out some things for it, and there's a lot to be done, I just can't name anything at the moment. ;) I'll get back to you once I need something.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 20, 2011, 08:59:52 PM
I'm trying to figure out some things for it, and there's a lot to be done, I just can't name anything at the moment. ;) I'll get back to you once I need something.
OK. :)

Swoka Ikran

Alright...I'm try to put together a feature list for 0.3. I haven't started any major development on yet.
Here's the list I have so far:

Things I'm almost certain will be included:

• Support for multiple languages
  • Dictionary/Nutshell downloader
  • Updated icons

Things I'm considering:

• POP3 support for email checker
  • Automatic updater for Avatray

Things that I'd like to implement, but would need support from this site's operators (not doable otherwise).

• Desktop news reader function
  • Automatic dictionary/nutshell updater

Anyone have comments on these or other suggestions?

guest2859

I don't have any, but I'll update the icons to make them less 'rough'.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 26, 2011, 11:28:17 PM
I don't have any, but I'll update the icons to make them less 'rough'.
OK.

Just to let you know, there's no rush on them. I haven't even started on the downloader for the dictionary, let alone the system for translating the interface...the icons are the simplest update to implement since it's just file replacement.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

akiwiguy

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on January 27, 2011, 05:07:49 PM
I wish this would work on my phone :/

Palm Treo, right? There are 2 versions of the Palm Treo, one with Palm OS and the other with Windows Mobile. If it ran Windows Mobile, I could write a small app for it, but to have the dictionaries you'll need this installed as well.

It will probably take me a week or so to write, but if you want it, you can have it.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Uhm...creepy hrh but yea thats the one.

I dunno if its Windows or OS though... how di I find that out?  I already have the na'vi-english dictionary downloaded from the internet, btw and it uses something called 'Documents To Go' to view it.

akiwiguy

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on January 27, 2011, 10:49:38 PM
Uhm...creepy hrh but yea thats the one.

I dunno if its Windows or OS though... how di I find that out?  I already have the na'vi-english dictionary downloaded from the internet, btw and it uses something called 'Documents To Go' to view it.

You said that you had a Palm Treo in a thread in the Mobile Apps forum. That's how I know.

Does it have a Windows logo and "Start" in the top left hand corner? Or does it have the time?

Tsufätu Ayioangä

akiwiguy

Tsufätu Ayioangä

oh ok...Thats cool.  I might be getting my dad's newer phone in april which i believe is a droid so I'll just wait...very sadly...

Thanks anyway :)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Just re-downloaded the new version with Email and I LVOE IT!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on January 31, 2011, 12:49:07 PM
Just re-downloaded the new version with Email and I LVOE IT!
Irayo! :)

EDIT: Update...0.3's development is ahead of schedule :) Expect it sometime in the near future.

I spent my entire afternoon on it today and got the entire language system done, as well as the auto-updater. Now I just need to finish and debug the dictionary/nutshell downloader and figure out what else I want to include (if anything).

Swoka Ikran

0.3 is out! There are several major new features in this release. Complete changelog and download is in the first post.

Notable new features include:
* Localization (Multi-language) support
* Automatic updater
* Dictionary/Nutshell downloader