*UPDATED* - Avatray 0.3.4 - A tray launcher for your Na'vi stuff...

Started by Swoka Ikran, December 19, 2010, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 16, 2011, 01:13:14 PM
Does Avatray support Hotmail?
Hotmail doesn't support IMAP, so no. You'll still be able to use the tray menu link to open the Hotmail site though.

My original intention was for this to be for @skxawng.lu emails only. I've added support the change the servers only because it was requested and simple to do.

Because you can change the server, Avatray should support any email account that can be accessed via non-SSL IMAP. Accounts that need SSL IMAP (like Gmail) work if you install and configure Stunnel.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tirea Aean

guest2859

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 16, 2011, 04:53:07 PM
Lotta talk coming from a net book :p

what of it? Im just sayin I prefer my multiple Gmail addresses to my LIVE mail address by a long shot. talking webmail and such. I keep gettin mad spam at my LIVE mail address from my own contacts...XD

anyway, ending this derailage, I have an actual laptop as well.

Cant wait to get the next version of the tray icon ;D

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 16, 2011, 06:15:34 PM
Cant wait to get the next version of the tray icon ;D
It may come as soon as late tonight :D (actually talking 1am kinda thing, so really early tomorrow ;) ).

I have it mostly working...just need to fix a few minor bugs in the GUI, clean up the INI, and add some security features...

Also, I'm gonna need an icon for Email...0.2.7 is going to release with no icon for the email items...

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

guest2859

Swoka Ikran

guest2859

Okay, my computer still doesn't like it when I try to update the document location under settings...

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 16, 2011, 08:24:28 PM
Okay, my computer still doesn't like it when I try to update the document location under settings...
I can't replicate this one, so it's something on your PC...maybe your anti-virus.

Can you do this for me?

guest2859

I swear to Eywa...

It's working normally now, after just randomly closing out twice.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 16, 2011, 09:44:12 PM
I swear to Eywa...

It's working normally now, after just randomly closing out twice.
That log is normal...I'm going to bet that it's your anti-virus or something.

If you're interested in what I checked:
The _BrowseForFile() line tells me what you chose, and the "Returned: 1" on the end of those <SAVE> lines indicates it saved the values successfully.

Swoka Ikran

Released 0.2.7. Download and full changelog in first post.

Major changes:
* Integrated email notifier. Supports all email accounts that can be accessed via unencrypted IMAP (skxawng.lu, many ISP emails, etc.). Gmail and other SSL IMAP (aka. "IMAPS") accounts are not supported without additional software and configuration.

guest2859

Now, how would it be possible to make it check to see what version of the dictionary, Nutshell guide there is on LearnNavi.org...................?

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eana Nantang 'Rrtayä on January 17, 2011, 04:56:50 PM
Now, how would it be possible to make it check to see what version of the dictionary, Nutshell guide there is on LearnNavi.org...................?
Not easily...

I was considering adding a function to auto-download the dictionaries, but it looks like the (random-looking) file name changes between versions. I also have no way to retrieve current version number, so I have no way of even checking if there's a new version.

I considered adding XML support so I could use the board RSS, but the feeds change way too much (mostly from replies) for it to be useful. I'd need control over wherever my app's RSS comes from (basically this means I'd need a dedicated "Avatray update info" section) if I wanted to use board RSS...and since there's pretty much a 0% chance of that happening, RSS-based data feeds are looking dead in the water.

Sadly, the above XML issue is also the reason the News feature I had planned for 0.3 may get canned.

While I would love to implement these, it isn't looking good at this point. :(

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Quick question.  My school computer is a mac and it came up with this: This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

How can I fix that?

akiwiguy

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Aykerusey mì Terìran on January 18, 2011, 11:06:09 AM
Quick question.  My school computer is a mac and it came up with this: This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

How can I fix that?
Eltu lefngap 'eveng answered your question.

There's no Mac support. :( It's a Windows application.

Tsufätu Ayioangä

guest2859

I'm using my portion of the Skxawng.lu site to make a kind of Avatar download directory, and was wondering if I could use Avatray in the directory?